Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
One thing to keep in mind; you can declare bankruptcy and still keep on trucking. Plenty of companies do it. Who knows why njoy is in debt that's something only they're board and ceo knows.
alot of big players dumped money into njoy, im sure theyll want to know where their investment ended up

E-cigarette maker files for bankruptcy | New York Post
"The company filed for bankruptcy protection on Sept. 16 in Delaware federal court, burning some high-powered Silicon Valley investors, including Sean Parker, co-founder of the now-defunct Napster, and PayPal founder Peter Thiel, who were part of a $70 million capital round that valued njoy at $1 billion in 2013. Singer Bruno Mars is also an investor in NJOY and a fan of the e-cigarettes, which heat nicotine-laced liquid into vapor......."

Last edited:

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
alot of big players dumped money into njoy, im sure theyll want to know where their investment ended up

E-cigarette maker files for bankruptcy | New York Post
"The company filed for bankruptcy protection on Sept. 16 in Delaware federal court, burning some high-powered Silicon Valley investors, including Sean Parker, co-founder of the now-defunct Napster, and PayPal founder Peter Thiel, who were part of a $70 million capital round that valued NJOY at $1 billion in 2013. Singer Bruno Mars is also an investor in NJOY and a fan of the e-cigarettes, which heat nicotine-laced liquid into vapor......."

They certainly will and Njoy's ceo will be losing his job more than likely.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Maybe this is the wrong forum for this, but if so forgive me.

I went on vacation this last week to the town of XXXXville. My GF needed some unflavored juice to cut what I had made for her as mine had too much flavoring for her taste. So we went out in search of some 18mg unflavored juice.

Found a shop that was still mixing juice in-house and got what we needed, at $1 per ml (hence why I started making my own 3 years ago). I asked about the 8/8 thing and how that affected their juice making, and they said "as long as we dont introduce any new flavors, we are ok".

This surprised me, is it accurate, or are they deluded?

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Maybe this is the wrong forum for this, but if so forgive me.

I went on vacation this last week to the town of XXXXville. My GF needed some unflavored juice to cut what I had made for as mine had too much flavoring for her taste. So we went out in search of some 18mg unflavored juice.

Found a shop that was still mixing juice in-house and got what we needed, at $1 per ml. I asked about the 8/8 thing and how that affected their juice making, and they said "as long as we dont introduce any new flavors, we are ok".

This surprised me, is it accurate, or are they deluded?
To the best of my knowledge, the answer is... Maybe.

There is actually mention in the regulations, of "manufacturers" who did onsite, small batch manufacturing prior to 8/8 still being able to do that. The hard part is the other undefined guidelines, mostly regarding manufacturing facilities and processes. Then there's the issue of, no one knows who is a manufacturer and who is a retailer since no one is required to apply for either until December. So, they may or may not get shut down after an inspection.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
ROFLMAO, figures, just like everything else in those regs, inconclusive!!!!

Oh, if they are a manufacturer then I am a Laboratory!!!! I watched them bottle up the juice at a sink in the back room. I can honestly say my homebrew is much more well measured and sanitary than anything they were doing. Oh, and the unflavored 18mg juice was the color of honey........ About 5 shades darker than the strawberry/peach I had mixed.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
To the best of my knowledge, the answer is... Maybe.

There is actually mention in the regulations, of "manufacturers" who did onsite, small batch manufacturing prior to 8/8 still being able to do that. The hard part is the other undefined guidelines, mostly regarding manufacturing facilities and processes. Then there's the issue of, no one knows who is a manufacturer and who is a retailer since no one is required to apply for either until December. So, they may or may not get shut down after an inspection.
Or they may go for a long time before an inspection takes place if ever, who knows how many agents the FDA actually has in the field, and there are thousands of shops out there.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
ROFLMAO, figures, just like everything else in those regs, inconclusive!!!!

Oh, if they are a manufacturer then I am a Laboratory!!!! I watched them bottle up the juice at a sink in the back room. I can honestly say my homebrew is much more well measured and sanitary than anything they were doing. Oh, and the unflavored 18mg juice was the color of honey........ About 5 shades darker than the strawberry/peach I had mixed.
Sounds like they probably wouldn't be able to prove that the 18mg unflavored they manufactured today is exactly the same as one they manufactured on 8/7. It's all a hot mess.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Sounds like they probably wouldn't be able to prove that the 18mg unflavored they manufactured today is exactly the same as one they manufactured on 8/7. It's all a hot mess.
A luke-warm mess at best. What happens when a business is in some technical violation of the FDA regs? The FDA send 'em a warning letter. First offense probably doesn't even involve a fine. I hate to say it, but much of this industry has no testicular fortitude.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
A luke-warm mess at best. What happens when a business is in some technical violation of the FDA regs? The FDA send 'em a warning letter. First offense probably doesn't even involve a fine. I hate to say it, but much of this industry has no testicular fortitude.
I meant the indeterminable regulations, not this shops situation. I know what happens when a retailer is found to be in violation, I'm not actually sure what happens when a manufacturer is caught manufacturing a mislabeled/adulterated product.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I meant the indeterminable regulations, not this shops situation. I know what happens when a retailer is found to be in violation, I'm not actually sure what happens when a manufacturer is caught manufacturing a mislabeled/adulterated product.

They never charge you with a crime, but leave you penniless and kick you to the curb. Asset forfiture leaves the citizen with little legal recourse and really keeps the court costs down for the man.

18 U.S. Code § 981 - Civil forfeiture
Asset Forfeiture Program | Department of Justice

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Latest blog-post by Dr. F, detailing a ' threatening !? ' letter 'Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids' wrote to several scientists urging them to cancel their participation in the upcoming '2016 Global Tobacco and Nicotine Forum Conference' due to the participation of the tobacco industry and related parties.

..... "The authors of the letter (signed by the two organizations but not by any particular person) called the scientists to cancel their participation to the conference. Some perceived this as a demand, not a call. Expressions like: “your involvement with an industry that has been misleading and deceiving the general public for many decades could be not only detrimental to your reputation but also the notoriety of your affiliated association or institution”, can be perceived as indirect threats of initiating an attempt to discredit scientists and create problems in their working environment, not because of bad science but because they should be present, discuss with, confront or even criticize the tobacco industry when the latter are present. It is impressive that the participation to a conference is considered as “involvement with an industry”. Moreover, it seems to be perceived as a positive sign that “some initial presenters have immediately cancelled their participation”. Other expressions (such as: “As professionals with high credibility, who should be placing patients’ health and well-being as their highest priority,…” (my emphasis) could be perceived as insulting." .....

Public health urgently needs a “new deal”

Link to the letter :

CTFK - Letter to Dr Christopher Russel

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Latest blog-post by Dr. F, detailing a ' threatening !? ' letter 'Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids' wrote to several scientists urging them to cancel their participation in the upcoming '2016 Global Tobacco and Nicotine Forum Conference' due to the participation of the tobacco industry and related parties.

..... "The authors of the letter (signed by the two organizations but not by any particular person) called the scientists to cancel their participation to the conference. Some perceived this as a demand, not a call. Expressions like: “your involvement with an industry that has been misleading and deceiving the general public for many decades could be not only detrimental to your reputation but also the notoriety of your affiliated association or institution”, can be perceived as indirect threats of initiating an attempt to discredit scientists and create problems in their working environment, not because of bad science but because they should be present, discuss with, confront or even criticize the tobacco industry when the latter are present. It is impressive that the participation to a conference is considered as “involvement with an industry”. Moreover, it seems to be perceived as a positive sign that “some initial presenters have immediately cancelled their participation”. Other expressions (such as: “As professionals with high credibility, who should be placing patients’ health and well-being as their highest priority,…” (my emphasis) could be perceived as insulting." .....

Public health urgently needs a “new deal”

Link to the letter :

CTFK - Letter to Dr Christopher Russel
I like how nobody at either of these organizations had the testicular fortitude to actually SIGN the letter.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

A spectre is haunting the United States of America?
smiley26.gif

I like how nobody at either of these organizations had the testicular fortitude to actually SIGN the letter.

Interesting indeed...

They are out there and they are scary !

The scariest thing I've read to date, actually.

See also:

FDA gagged media on "deeming" press release

The spectre. God help us.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've been posting this for years...
http://www.rampant-antismoking.com/

I would have to think most people on this thread have already read it.
But for those that haven't...

This "scary" stuff has been going on for decades.
It's all part of an extremely disgusting but highly successful plan put in place long ago.

We are now their new target.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
For those who hoped for a rally, here is one:

Oct 3 from 4-6:30 edt at the Florida State Capital

To peacefully protest the deeming regulations and to support Cole-Bishop
I keep hoping there will be something in Washington D.C., where I live close enough to attend.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013

Users who are viewing this thread