Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Can't disagree with anything you said. But if DHHS came back and said the Deeming regulations need to go you wont see me complaining. :)

All hands on deck!

Hey, I'll bring the beer and chips for the celebration. I'd love that outcome. But if a review does not result in actual changes to the regulations as law, some executive decision of "well, let's take a 2 year delay to evaluate this" won't be all that helpful when another administration takes office. That's the advantage of something like Cole Bishop or a sweeping legal ruling. No one can come back and decide to suddenly invent other new rules without going to a lot of time and effort if limited by statute.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
BTW, Trump made it clear on the campaign trail that he disliked the FDA (among most all other agencies..LMAO). He repeatedly made reference to their ridiculous procedures for approving drugs (i.e., regulations). And since Trump's most important qualification for any appointee is trust and loyalty I somehow don't see the administration allowing an interim, Obama-appointed FDA commissioner making decisions about which regulations stay and which go.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I don't think that would fly with this administration. I would expect the people appointed to these task forces to understand that they are all "apprentices" and what two words DJT is best known for. :)
Bigly and Yuge?

:blink:

Tapatyped

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey, I'll bring the beer and chips for the celebration. I'd love that outcome. But if a review does not result in actual changes to the regulations as law, some executive decision of "well, let's take a 2 year delay to evaluate this" won't be all that helpful when another administration takes office. That's the advantage of something like Cole Bishop or a sweeping legal ruling. No one can come back and decide to suddenly invent other new rules without going to a lot of time and effort if limited by statute.
Agree again. But let's face it. We're going to have to fight for our vaping freedom for the rest of our lives because in the end if Washington wants to get rid of vaping they will no matter what the hurdles are.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Agree again. But let's face it. We're going to have to fight for our vaping freedom for the rest of our lives because in the end if Washington wants to get rid of vaping they will no matter what the hurdles are.
We need a USARK or an NRA on our side.

And a LOT more user participation.

Tapatyped

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
We need a USARK or an NRA on our side.

And a LOT more user participation.

Tapatyped
Tobacco is heavily controlled but it is still available and relatively affordable. To have imposed similar regs on cigarettes as they did vaping (i.e., to wipe out the industry) would have sparked riots in the streets when there were 75 million smokers (or whatever the number was). The FDA would never have gotten away with the Deeming regs if there were 75 million vapers. So yes..absolutely yes...user participation is huge. The larger the voice the more the pols pay attention to us. Case and point: Prohibition

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Tobacco is heavily controlled but it is still available and relatively affordable. To have imposed similar regs on cigarettes as they did vaping (i.e., to wipe out the industry) would have sparked riots in the streets when there were 75 million smokers (or whatever the number was). The FDA would never have gotten away with the Deeming regs if there were 75 million vapers. So yes..absolutely yes...user participation is huge. The larger the voice the more the pols pay attention to us. Case and point: Prohibition
So far the FDA has done everything they can think of to damage the business and discourage smokers switching while avoiding any noticable access to products that would infuriate most of those millions of vapers. If public health were the issue wouldn't they want to move faster? May be the Trump guys will just kick the can down the road first.

Reactions: Eskie

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So far the FDA has done everything they can think of to damage the business and discourage smokers switching while avoiding any noticable access to products that would infuriate most of those millions of vapers. If public health were the issue wouldn't they want to move faster? May be the Trump guys will just kick the can down the road first.
Time will tell.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
With respect to this latest EO that our Disrupter in Chief just signed :)

"Every regulation should have to pass a simple test: Does it make life better or safer for American workers or consumers? If the answer is no, we will be getting rid of it and getting rid of it quickly. We will stop punishing companies for doing business in the United States. It’s going to be absolutely just the opposite. They’re going to be incentivized for doing business in the United States."

Source is the White House at Remarks by President Trump at Signing of Executive Order on Regulatory Reform

I'm quite confident that some of us could argue the "safer" aspects of Vaping post Final Rule. Simple, Vaping today and as every year that passes increases the danger to public health via the Final Rule. It KILLS people who will return to smoking. Along with other issues like stopping innovation to correct problems and issues.

Good luck to all!

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
This is a survey from the White House.
I completed it, and then in the section asking me what I would like them to do ... I told them to revamp the FDA, and under comments, I explained why.
I can't see where some "imput" would hurt, so I thought I would post it for anyone else that want's to have their say.
Joint Address Issues Survey

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I completed it, and then in the section asking me what I would like them to do ... I told them to revamp the FDA, and under comments, I explained why.
I can't see where some "imput" would hurt, so I thought I would post it for anyone else that want's to have their say.

Thank you for Posting this Slots.

We now have at Least 2 people who mentioned the FDA and e-Cigarettes.

Last edited:

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri

Thanks. Added my 2 cents about the FDA and e-cigs.

Users who are viewing this thread