Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
not totally on topic but good news I thnk:

Indiana is now open for ALL vapor businesses!

Vapor Technology Association 3 hrs · Just like THAT the Indiana vaping monopoly has been washed away. #VTA and #ISFA thank Governor Eric Holcomb for signing SB1! #RightTeam #RightStrategy

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Outstanding news. Indiana is showing us to never give up the fight. They could have rolled over and just given up when the laws were put into play. They didn't.

Kudos Indiana. Let this be a lesson for all of us to never give up. Our lives are worth it. So are the lives of those that come after us.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My parents did it me-my senior year of high school (this was in Alabama), I stopped listening to country and gospel, and became a metalhead, grew my hair long, and started playing electric guitar. Now I do it to my oldest, my 11 year old daughter, with her Justin Beiber, and Hanna Montana. I try not to, but it happens. I tell myself it's not their music, but that they're bad role models. Then I realize this is coming from the person who listens to music from people who burned down churches. Ugh...

When I was a kid I visited my cousin and found myself liking Styx and Billy Thorpe. I used my allowance money to buy a couple records after getting home and was told it was "devil music" and that I was "not allowed" to listen to it.

So I decided those rules were war drums (as I saw nothing satanic in it) and I accepted the challenge. After that I went to the music store and found some real devil music, bought Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and other choice devil music.

Haha.. I hated it at first, but it grew on me in time...and at that point daddy decided he lost the battle, and never said another word about music.

My last concert of my youth was the metalica guns and roses concert that ended up in a riot. (Metalica removed guns and roses from the rest of the tour after that.. and played for hours trying to calm everyone and make up for what happened) anyway, that was pretty much the end of my metal phase, as it really did scare me..

Plus, that was the first concert I'd ever been to that had mosh pits.. it was insane, all the way around.. so I pretty much grew up then.

But my kids hit their teenage years, and wanted to attend a concert. I said no, absolutely not, still remembering the riot and mosh pits.. I saw concert going as inherently dangerous, and they both listened to metal as well.. just newer versions.

They finally talked me into taking them to the concert they wanted to attend. That way I could keep them safe, and they could see their band. I took my son and two of his friends, and my daughter and two of her friends.

And that started a thing. I became the only parent who would take the kids to concerts, and somehow I got roped into them all..

It's kind of funny, but even when my son and his friends were in their 20's, I still went with them.. it gave them a safe space to go back to, and someone to watch their stuff when they went into the mosh pits.. lol.. so I didn't stop going with them until after they were 25.

I'm still not sure how it all came about, other than my children sad and begging is something I had a difficult time saying no to.. lol..

I seriously doubt there is a rock band I haven't seen live, at this point in my life. And funny, because I don't listen to rock anymore, haven't since I was 22. Although occasionally hearing metallica or disturbed is nice if I'm in the mood. Hahaha..

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I think having the CPSC take responsibility for "vaping batteries" seems to make some sense, it's really just dragging another agency into the pot, as you'll then have to rely on coordination between the two for market regulation ("I thought it was your responsibility" "No!, it's yours" "No it's not"...........................).

And then either nothing gets approved, or incompatible products ("batteries"/mods, tanks with custom 510 pins) get approved. Nothing good will come of additional chefs in the kitchen.

Now, if the CPSC took over vaping period, that might make more sense.

I really worry about battery regulations - that just opens the door to all devices having integrated batteries in order to get fda approval. And that, I don't like. We don't know the parameters of integrated batteries, what companies say is always inflated, and I don't trust the government to actually take the time to LEARN about batteries and their parameters and what they will and won't do..

I say regulate the mods, have smart mods that detect ohm and battery capacity and then only let a user be in a safe range for the battery.. but to say they are going too mess with our external battery devices and we might end up with devices that will only last as long as the battery does sucks. we will end up with nothing but cheap throwaways and our way of vaping is history.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I really worry about battery regulations - that just opens the door to all devices having integrated batteries in order to get fda approval. And that, I don't like. We don't know the parameters of integrated batteries, what companies say is always inflated, and I don't trust the government to actually take the time to LEARN about batteries and their parameters and what they will and won't do..

I say regulate the mods, have smart mods that detect ohm and battery capacity and then only let a user be in a safe range for the battery.. but to say they are going too mess with our external battery devices and we might end up with devices that will only last as long as the battery does sucks. we will end up with nothing but cheap throwaways and our way of vaping is history.
Not likely.

Hobby enthusiasts would be thrown under the bus.

Some of those guys spend tens of thousands of dollars monthly.

Every month.

And built in batteries just won't work.

Everything current is built around removable lithium tech.

Hell, my charging setup has over $400.00 into it. And that's only because I DIY'd what I could.

Tapatyped

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

I agree!

Especially this part here:
I say regulate the mods, have smart mods that detect ohm and battery capacity and then only let a user be in a safe range for the battery..

Sad thing is, we pretty much already had an AMERICAN manufacturer making such devices...

Sadly, Provape closed their doors earlier this year.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Not likely.

Hobby enthusiasts would be thrown under the bus.

Some of those guys spend tens of thousands of dollars monthly.

Every month.

And built in batteries just won't work.

Everything current is built around removable lithium tech.

Hell, my charging setup has over $400.00 into it. And that's only because I DIY'd what I could.

Tapatyped

Well in Rep. Hunter's proposed legislation (that most are running around singing the praises of) it's proposing to make the manufacturing of mech mods illegal. So I really don't think they care how much hobby enthusiasts spend a month..

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well in that one bill that is being proposed they put in it they wanted to make the manufacturing of mech mods illegal. So I don't think they care how much hobby enthusiasts spend a month..

I make a mech with an extension section to hold a fuse/kick. I sell it to you. You pop the fuse/kick out, lose the extension ring, and you've got your straight mech. No different than buying a high end car. They all come with 155 mph speed limiters for sale in the US. Buy the car and first thing is pop the chip out. Go to the track (please, not on normal roads).

And if you don't know what you're doing, hopefully you won't know how to take the fuse parts out, and maybe they'll protect you. Besides, is customs really going to stop a tube with a switch in it from entering the country?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Besides, is customs really going to stop a tube with a switch in it from entering the country?

Yes.. I do... actually...

do you really think all this is a good thing for vaping? Illegal mechs and them playing with our batteries?

I don't vape over 15 watts, ever, and love regulated devices and I just can't see it as a good thing for vapers..

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Well in Rep. Hunter's proposed legislation (that most are running around singing the praises of) it's proposing to make the manufacturing of mech mods illegal. So I really don't think they care how much hobby enthusiasts spend a month..
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I wasn't referring to vaping enthusiasts per se.

Was more referring to regulations on batteries themselves such as through the CPSC.

This opens up scrutiny and sales loss across several hobbies.

Remote control air plane sales loss alone might be enough to halt such a restriction from even getting out the door.

Those guys spend upwards of and over $10,000 for a single part at times.

A part they may need up to 4 of for a single toy.

And that's just a fraction of a segment of 1 hobby.

Not to mention direct sales of batteries themselves.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Besides, is customs really going to stop a tube with a switch in it from entering the country?

Yes.

But their success rate will be horrible.

Though, they do tag repeat offenders.

Once they do, they simply refuse all their shipments until further notice.

And they'll have to pay their fines up to date just for the privilege to be searched again. And the price to return all their goods.

Tapatyped

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I wasn't referring to vaping enthusiasts per se.

Was more referring to regulations on batteries themselves such as through the CPSC.

This opens up scrutiny and sales loss across several hobbies.

Remote control air plane sales loss alone might be enough to halt such a restriction from even getting out the door.

Those guys spend upwards of and over $10,000 for a single part at times.

A part they may need up to 4 of for a single toy.

And that's just a fraction of a segment of 1 hobby.

Not to mention direct sales of batteries themselves.

Tapatyped

I don't think they are talking about regulating 18650's across the board, they are just talking about regulating batteries for vapers, specific to vapers. They only way I see them able to do that is to propose our mods have integrated batteries, rather than external ones. It's why I'm against them regulating our batteries. I'd rather see them propose the regulation of our mods.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I don't think they are talking about regulating 18650's across the board, they are just talking about regulating batteries for vapers, specific to vapers. They only way I see them able to do that is to propose our mods have integrated batteries, rather than external ones. It's why I'm against them regulating our batteries.
I believe i saw a recent proposal to push battery regulation on to the CPSC.

If that were the case, yes, the batteries themselves would be regulated based on their inherent safety alone.

This would mean the device they're sold for would have no significance.

Tapatyped

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I believe i saw a recent proposal to push battery regulation on to the CPSC.

If that were the case, yes, the batteries themselves would be regulated based on their inherent safety alone.

This would mean the device they're sold for would have no significance.

Tapatyped

Ohhh... yeah, a lot of people are not going to like that..

But it's being attached to vaping legislation. Why if it's across the board?

Reactions: beckdg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Ohhh... yeah, a lot of people are not going to like that..

But it's being attached to vaping legislation. Why if it's across the board?
Same reason they push an omnibus on to an appropriations bill, attach trucking regulations onto an airline bill or push cancer causing, nearly useless, completely ineffective flame ......ant chemicals in a "save the children campaign".

Because they think they can.

Tapatyped

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hunter's bill isn't even introduced yet, right? Anyone in his district or know who might have his ear?

Perhaps he would be open to some changes like: devices must contain short circuit protection or be properly labeled that there is no short circuit protection, in which case adequate safety guidance will be included with the device.

Users who are viewing this thread