Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
The real problem with our government is the mainstream media.
The real problem with EVERYTHING is the mainstream media.

They are the reason we are having the problems we are having with respect to vaping.
And they are the reason we can not vote in any honest politicians.

The political machines throws their weight behind those willing to play the game.
And the mainstream media creates and perpetuates the influence of the political machines.

Good candidates have no platform beyond the local.
And good people have no idea what the truth of anything is anymore.

But yeah, this too.

True! People just eat it up with their eyes closed and their brains stuck in their butts. Wake up America!!

The same people that rely on Facebook for their world news and suck it up like sponges. It makes me so mad. Facebook has really shown me the lack of intelligence in people I otherwise thought had an ounce of brains

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
True! People just eat it up with their eyes closed and their brains stuck in their butts. Wake up America!!

The same people that rely on Facebook for their world news and suck it up like sponges. It makes me so mad. Facebook has really shown me the lack of intelligence in people I otherwise thought had an ounce of brains

People have become lazy and proud to be lazy.
They even brag about it.

Hard work and honesty are not rewarded any longer.
Cheating however, is.
Responsibility and critical thinking isn't taught or rewarded.

People get a pat on the back today for doing the right thing.
:faceplam:

And the mindless masses swallow partisan politics without thought and the cycle continues.

If you believe ANY msm organisation tell you the truth you need an education.
Start here:

Our last president ended the Board of Broadcasting Governors which controls the propaganda the US broadcasts to other nations and prevented the use of Propaganda against the US citizens.
He consolidated the Board and reduced it to a single position to be appointed by the next president...who at the time they were certain would be Hillary Clinton.
He basically set it up for her to litterally control the media.

Wake up.

Vote local.

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
CASAA put out an opinion on EVCA. They all but called them frauds in a statement they put out and discouraged supporting them. Makes me wonder if Hartland was a waste of time or waste of hoping to see much come from it.
I was watching that FB fight. It is just distracting away from the end goal. IMO

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Your vote is only powerful when you have valid options, I think was the point.

We don't usually have the option of "none of the above."

I voted in one presidential election, the first I was eligible to vote in, in 1992. I was unhappy enough with the result (despite my vote having been cast for the winner) that I have never voted for a presidential candidate again. You always have the option of abstaining. You just shouldn't expect doing so to matter.

EDIT: except as a matter of conscience

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I voted in one presidential election, the first I was eligible to vote in, in 1992. I was unhappy enough with the result (despite my vote having been cast for the winner) that I have never voted for a presidential candidate again. You always have the option of abstaining. You just shouldn't expect doing so to matter.

EDIT: except as a matter of conscience

Rights are like muscles.
If you dont exercise them, you will lose them.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Rights are like muscles.
If you dont exercise them, you will lose them.

To not assent is a right, an important one, perhaps the most important of all ;). I'll vote for a presidential candidate again when a credible party nominates someone I think worth voting for. I'm not sure that will happen in my lifetime, but I'm open to the possibility.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
To not assent is a right, an important one, perhaps the most important of all ;). I'll vote for a presidential candidate again when a credible party nominates someone I think worth voting for. I'm not sure that will happen in my lifetime, but I'm open to the possibility.

You can vote for anyone.
Not just a party candidate.

The President isn't the only choice on the ballot.
There would have been mostly local and state issues to vote on.

Citizens ignoring the chance to vote on local and state issues are exactly how the crooks and cons became frontrunners.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA

Citizens ignoring the chance to vote on local and state issues are exactly how the crooks and cons became frontrunners.

I said "presidential candidate." I have been known to vote on local ballot initiatives on the rare occasions I care much about them (most recently against school funding, because I am a heartless ......., and also because I don't think the small town I live in needs to spend 75 million dollars tearing down three perfectly adequate middle schools and building a new big one, even if the state is willing to come up with matching funds.) I don't think my vote makes _much_ difference in this case, but as I said it's a fairly small town, so I bothered.

EDIT: I did completely fail to vote on the initiative that classed vaping as smoking here and made it pretty much prohibited everywhere smoking is. I don't feel too bad about not voting on that one though- it passed with a huge majority, and really there's no reaching some people. My neighbors are definitely "some people" in this regard.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

In the town I grew up, the surrounding towns, the county and the local city, there would have to be a mass movement of write in candidates for that to be true at any given point since I've been of legal age.

And I have family and good friends that have held local seats.

Hell, I used to buy Other Stuff from a state congressman who voted to increase the police force to fight the war on drugs.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Hell, I used to buy Other Stuff from a state congressman who voted to increase the police force to fight the war on drugs.
No different than the Deeming regulations really -- use the law to reduce competition.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
No different than the Deeming regulations really -- use the law to reduce competition.

In the face of such abject failure, to continue a furtherance of gov expansion in any or all functions where it is prevalent is utterly irrational. That we continue to do so justifying it on the basis of political ideology is absurd. Nobody wins except for those who wish to see our comprehensive demise. Our regulatory processes are at the moment doomed and in no manner assured by their bankruptcy and lack of accountability for their outcome. Those who would ignore this stark reality dismissing those who would object as impractical purists, idealists, etc. in so doing repeat the error which has brought us here.

Good luck. :)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
You can vote for anyone.
Not just a party candidate.

100 likes. It is out of local elections that candidates are grown and become known to then become primary challengers to the incumbents. (As a aside, it can also become clear in lower offices whether they have integrity. It also provides an opportunity to compare campaign statements made versus actions taken.)

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
100 likes. It is out of local elections that candidates are grown and become known to then become primary challengers to the incumbents. (As a aside, it can also become clear in lower offices whether they have integrity. It also provides an opportunity to compare campaign statements made versus actions taken.)

Agreed. If everything wasn't so drown in muddy water and gray area...

And voters actually paid attention.

This would be fool proof.

But it's all too easy to condemn a candidate for a higher office for not voting in a piece of legislation they promised on that became too corrupt via rewrites, party favors, omnibuses, etc. ...

You have to dig deeper into the details to reveal the truth.

And most simply don't have the time.

Unfortunately, that doesn't disqualify you as a voter.

Neither does relying on mainstream media "truths" and sound bytes for your opinion.

Reactions: DC2 and B2L

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I'm reminded of that famous quote "you have to pass it to see what's in it".

Now I know that was just the idiocy of Nancy Pelosi shining through.

But it displays all too well the urgency to seem like something is being done and the fact that at least some of these bills aren't being read... or at least studied to a modicum of understanding... by some of our hired help before they're willing to make a bill a law.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm reminded of that famous quote "you have to pass it to see what's in it".

Now I know that was just the idiocy of Nancy Pelosi shining through.

But it displays all too well the urgency to seem like something is being done and the fact that at least some of these bills aren't being read... or at least studied to a modicum of understanding... by some of our hired help before they're willing to make a bill a law.

How much money on our current VP's defense of the vaping legislation signed into law in Indiana would be "I didn't know exactly what was in it"? I was relieved for the folks of Indiana when a federal court tossed that nonsense out.

My view is I can't be totally upset at that approach, as the sheer volume of legislation that gets tossed around does make it difficult to expect a politician to know and understand everything in say a 2,000 page line item budget. That's what their staffers are supposed to be on top of as there are more of them who can break it down into manageable chunks for their review and executive summaries. That's why voting for a given candidate involves more than just the individual, but the team they will bring in with them. Frequently it's hard to find out who all those folks are and including them in your decision making process at election time. Still, on a national level, at least for the executive branch, you have some idea who they will likely select look what the cat dragged in individuals who were involved during their election campaigns, as well as educated guesses on the type of individual they will choose for senior positions.

Reactions: Pamawoman

Users who are viewing this thread