Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

;)

You mean like, so now the registration deadline for manufacturers and products has come and passed, an nobody has talked about this yet...

What will this mean for vendors and manufacturers? What if some of them were unaware or just didn't bother?

When the deeming first hit, we got some reports of enforcement actions on some vendors for underage sales, so will there be some actions on this compliance deadline? What about new products being sold that were not on the market prior to the deeming, seems like new products are dropping on a weekly basis just like nothing ever changed lol, is the FDA just gonna let it all fly because the market is overwhelmingly spread out?

Maybe the deeming is confusing for the FDA to even know how to begin enforcing it, we should call for a re-write .

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You mean like, so now the registration deadline for manufacturers and products has come and passed, an nobody has talked about this yet...

What will this mean for vendors and manufacturers? What if some of them were unaware or just didn't bother?

When the deeming first hit, we got some reports of enforcement actions on some vendors for underage sales, so will there be some actions on this compliance deadline? What about new products being sold that were not on the market prior to the deeming, seems like new products are dropping on a weekly basis just like nothing ever changed lol, is the FDA just gonna let it all fly because the market is overwhelmingly spread out?

Maybe the deeming is confusing for the FDA to even know how to begin enforcing it, we should call for a re-write .

Eh, lots of folks I'm sure registered. It didn't look like a burdensome process. It's the PMTA process that's the make or break issue for US vaping. And for now it appears things are delayed while the FDA figures out just what a PMTA should contain for approval. Until that comes along, listening to music is about all you can do.;)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Eh, lots of folks I'm sure registered. It didn't look like a burdensome process. It's the PMTA process that's the make or break issue for US vaping. And for now it appears things are delayed while the FDA figures out just what a PMTA should contain for approval. Until that comes along, listening to music is about all you can do.;)
Yeah, they were pretty generous on that extension...perhaps because it is going to take some time to figure out a way to change the course and steer clear of the iceburg they created.

Gottlieb made that sweeping announcement, and at the end of it Zeller said there would be a Q&A session in a weeks time at the end of it, and now crickets...it would be nice if they at least gave a timeline for themselves on when they will release more concrete guidance.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yeah, they were pretty generous on that extension...perhaps because it is going to take some time to figure out a way to change the course and steer clear of the iceburg they created.

Gottlieb made that sweeping announcement, and at the end of it Zeller said there would be a Q&A session in a weeks time at the end of it, and now crickets...it would be nice if they at least gave a timeline for themselves on when they will release more concrete guidance.
It's been over 7 years since the cigarette portion of the FSPTCA was made into law, and the cigarette industry is still working under DRAFT guidance. So...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It's been over 7 years since the cigarette portion of the FSPTCA was made into law, and the cigarette industry is still working under DRAFT guidance. So...
so...tell them from the top on down...YOUR FIRED!!!!!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It pains me to realize that many manufacturers may have done meaningful testing recently in order to prepare PMTA applications, but now that the date has been pushed out will slow down testing or withhold their results. Whatever benefit the FDA deeming could have brought has been undermined by the moving target deadlines.

The large window of opportunity to simply do a money grab and plan to exit the industry by the time there is any accountability will encourage that behavior.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It pains me to realize that many manufacturers may have done meaningful testing recently in order to prepare PMTA applications, but now that the date has been pushed out will slow down testing or withhold their results. Whatever benefit the FDA deeming could have brought has been undermined by the moving target deadlines.

The large window of opportunity to simply do a money grab and plan to exit the industry by the time there is any accountability will encourage that behavior.

IMHO, I'd rather have the delay and wait on seeing those test results than see a whole bunch of manufacturers exiting the market due to a vague and ambiguous application process leading to approval. Besides, while the proprietary testing stuff remains under wraps, there's still lots of research going on not subject to that limitation.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have now. Thanks Opinionated-- I think. That Schumer is really something. I hate to say it, but lately every time I see a politician I think, "Time for that person to die." I don't think of DOING anything to make it happen, but my auto-gag reflex is back. I mean, I don't mean to wish ill of anyone, but there is just SO MUCH ABOUT POLITICANS that deserves ill-will at the moment.

I really think our best bet is a lottery with no special interest groups or lobbyists. Everyone would have to care, because they'd be inflicting their laws on themselves once they return to their non-political job, and then they have to live with the consequences. NO SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS either, politicians are not known for their speaking abilities, or their abilities to adhere to fiscal responsibility, logic, or sanity. I don't expect a lottery to change that (much) it just would be a little harder to get, you know, entrenched. Also, ALL the mentally ill, addicted, and impaired are INCLUDED in the lottery, you know, we have to get along with these people in Real Life.

I'd go down the road of wealth distribution, I really would, except that.... That's kind of behaving Just Like Politicians Today, so I'm against it. :)

Anna

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I have now. Thanks Opinionated-- I think. That Schumer is really something. I hate to say it, but lately every time I see a politician I think, "Time for that person to die." I don't think of DOING anything to make it happen, but my auto-gag reflex is back. I mean, I don't mean to wish ill of anyone, but there is just SO MUCH ABOUT POLITICANS that deserves ill-will at the moment.

I really think our best bet is a lottery with no special interest groups or lobbyists. Everyone would have to care, because they'd be inflicting their laws on themselves once they return to their non-political job, and then they have to live with the consequences. NO SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS either, politicians are not known for their speaking abilities, or their abilities to adhere to fiscal responsibility, logic, or sanity. I don't expect a lottery to change that (much) it just would be a little harder to get, you know, entrenched. Also, ALL the mentally ill, addicted, and impaired are INCLUDED in the lottery, you know, we have to get along with these people in Real Life.

I'd go down the road of wealth distribution, I really would, except that.... That's kind of behaving Just Like Politicians Today, so I'm against it. :)

Anna

We already have redistribution…all debasement skims uphill. I don't blame government for this but for the corruption of it. Mr. Schumer is a perfect example. I dunno Anna, is there a fate worse than death? Such authors of confusion have surely earned it. Sad that this community in particular has become its intimate target.

Good luck. :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
We already have redistribution…all debasement skims uphill. I don't blame government for this but for the corruption of it. Mr. Schumer is a perfect example. I dunno Anna, is there a fate worse than death? Such authors of confusion have surely earned it. Sad that this community in particular has become its intimate target.

Good luck. :)

There has to be an enemy, something to fear in order to keep the masses in line and bowing to their leadership as they chip away at our freedoms little by little - we the people are the frogs in the pot as the heat is slowly being turned up.

First, they came for the....

Users who are viewing this thread