Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Its been a while. Sorry. All this talk about yard work and mowers. I bought my Grandfathers mower when he passed away. I still use it and its a great mower. The good old 38" 12HP MTD. That must have been when they made a better mower. Its a early 90's. I had to replace the flywheel last year. They said it was now aluminum (not steel) and the starter gear went from steel to plastic. What killed me was it was all original till then but wouldnt you know it the plastic starter gear blew up like a bomb in less then a year. Of course its an as is part. Cheap but not the point. Thats all its needed. Its a pretty old mower too. I will keep it as long as I can fix it. I miss my Grandfather dearly and I think of him ever time I look at it.

On to the update for the Zenesis. I got it and it had some problems but it all seems to be worked out now. I can tell I will like it for years to come and enjoy only spending around $15 per year for mesh and wire rather then $8 every 10 days for carto's. Its a real clean beastly way to vape. Raw power and the most thick vapor I have ever seen. Its a heavy APV though. 8.25oz or 235g. I dont vape near as much as I did and am going to lower my nic from 18mg down to around 12 and I am also switching to 100%vg.

Here is a good review. Mac used 100%vg in this review. I have yet to do a proper one due to the issue I had and I am not switching cause Mac's clouds are thicker then mine. I feel mine are plenty thick with 50/50. I am just changing cause I got a deal on a bunch of it. I help my dad out with a lot of DIY juice. So the switch will make it more affordable for me.

blkhwk07

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Ohio,in the sticks!
Hi, everyone! I'd like to join your group and even put a cute picture of one of my doggies as my profile pic because I read in an earlier post that cute doggie pics are a requirement for admission.

I'm female, married for thirty years this August, fifty-mumble mumble years old, and I'm a writer. I have four daughters (I know, I know, what was I thinking?) two dogs, and right at this point in time--four cats, although I've had as many as eleven at the same time in the past. I can't turn away strays, even pregnant ones, so my home office has also served as a maternity ward and nursery for cats several times. It's always fun trying to concentrate on your work when there are kittens scurrying across your lap with their little needle claws out.

My youngest daughter is graduating from high school next month, her older sister is getting married in July, and then once I pack the graduate's bags for NYU this fall, I will have an empty nest (well, except for hubby and the six pets). This is one of the most stressful times in my entire life and yet--no analogs for over two weeks and I'm fine. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I read through all 32 pages and it was nice to get to know a little about each of you. I'm so glad there is a friendly place to come and talk about vaping with people who get it.

Hello and Welcome, nice to meet you!:)

blkhwk07

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Ohio,in the sticks!
Its been a while. Sorry. All this talk about yard work and mowers. I bought my Grandfathers mower when he passed away. I still use it and its a great mower. The good old 38" 12HP MTD. That must have been when they made a better mower. Its a early 90's. I had to replace the flywheel last year. They said it was now aluminum (not steel) and the starter gear went from steel to plastic. What killed me was it was all original till then but wouldnt you know it the plastic starter gear blew up like a bomb in less then a year. Of course its an as is part. Cheap but not the point. Thats all its needed. Its a pretty old mower too. I will keep it as long as I can fix it. I miss my Grandfather dearly and I think of him ever time I look at it.

On to the update for the Zenesis. I got it and it had some problems but it all seems to be worked out now. I can tell I will like it for years to come and enjoy only spending around $15 per year for mesh and wire rather then $8 every 10 days for carto's. Its a real clean beastly way to vape. Raw power and the most thick vapor I have ever seen. Its a heavy APV though. 8.25oz or 235g. I dont vape near as much as I did and am going to lower my nic from 18mg down to around 12 and I am also switching to 100%vg.

Here is a good review. Mac used 100%vg in this review. I have yet to do a proper one due to the issue I had and I am not switching cause Mac's clouds are thicker then mine. I feel mine are plenty thick with 50/50. I am just changing cause I got a deal on a bunch of it. I help my dad out with a lot of DIY juice. So the switch will make it more affordable for me.

Glad your liking the Z,I still don't see any on the site. But I've read he was having some online payment problems.
I've been vaping 100% VG for about 2 or 3 weeks. I wanted to see if it worked better for me.
My problem was super dry throat and sinuses, so I wanted to see if it was the PG.
I was using the sinus rinse once or twice a day,sinus spray ALL day,sucking on hard candy ALL day,and drinking at least 2 gallons of water a day. And still had a raw throat and sinuses (even a bloody nose)!
I can say for me anyway that I can't do PG (was doing 70/30 PG/VG),now my wife has no problem.
I've been vaping AVE juice,one of them has 5% PG and it seems ok. But the rest are 100%VG.
I'm glad I found what it was, the dryness was getting old and painful!

blkhwk07

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Ohio,in the sticks!
Hey all! Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Glad to see you Ohio sickies are getting better! Don't send it this way... :glare: Our backyard, garden project is coming along nicely. Raised beds are filled with soil, no plants yet... spent yesterday afternoon and today laying sod. Decided to go the sod route instead of trying to grow a new lawn with seed. I figured that would be a disaster with dogs and needing to get back to where we put the garden in. Looking really good, but man are we beat! Have a nice fire pit now, which we have already used 2 nights in a row now. Tomorrow is my birthday and my folks are coming over for the day from LaPine (central Oregon, high desert area) so that will be nice. Brother will be coming over too to visit the parents also. Should be a nice day!

On a vaping note... I wanted to try some fillerless cartos/tanks so I ordered some stardusts, phoenix cartomizers and fluxomizers. Finally got them today. So far I have tried the phoenix. So far I like it really well. Easy to fill, even though you have to use a syringe/blunt needle. Not finicky, great vapor and taste. Haven't messed with the fluxomizers or stardusts yet. The ones I recieved have the short wicks (stardusts) which may be good/bad... IDK. Have read mixed reviews on them, so will keep an open mind and give 'em a shot anyway.

Well, that's it for tonight all. I am beat! Gonna hit the hay. Still gotta get up early and do a little house cleaning before the folks get here... the inside has been a little negleted with all the outside work going on. Can't believe all the dirt that got tracked in yesterday... Oh well...

Take care all. Will see ya all later!

Which phoenix did you get? I wanted to try some but, Got Vapes only had the tank style.Is that what you got?

daisygirlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
SE Ohio
Glad your doing better Daisy and Di, this Buckeye Bug is starting to work it's way thru my plant.
I hope you can only get it once,I don't want it again!:)

Wouldn't you know it - I had Colin check my tonsils about 30 mins ago and he said the left one (which is where I hurt) looks like a wad of chewing gum - plus my lymph nodes are say HI! HI! HI! *ugh* Just when I thought I was in the clear! Plus, I keep tugging on my left ear like a 2 year old because I can tell I've got a middle, and judging by my wave of vertigo when I got up right before Colin looked down my throat, it's probably an inner ear too. Good thing we have NOTHING planned for the rest of the month so I can just sit back and let it heal. Most tonsillitis is viral so not much to do but eat/drink cold stuff and ride it out as long as I don't get a high fever.

I'll still be in and out - I can't stand being offline so much, lol! Remember, also, that I never close my browser unless I reboot, so when Colin's logged in, it shows me logged in as well, to anything I have open. If it's in sleep mode, I'll disappear :)

toodles for now (and I get chicken and stars soup later - yay!)

daisy

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Glad your doing better Daisy and Di, this Buckeye Bug is starting to work it's way thru my plant.
I hope you can only get it once,I don't want it again!:)
That was the sickest I have been in forever!! I went to work two of the three days that I was feverish and it was a nightmare. I didn't try the Crown Royale treatment, but I did drink a ton of Mogicha, Japanese barley tea. One of my students brings me bags of it. It looks like it's going to be another beautiful day in northwest Ohio!!! Enjoy!

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Hi, everyone! I'd like to join your group and even put a cute picture of one of my doggies as my profile pic because I read in an earlier post that cute doggie pics are a requirement for admission.

I'm female, married for thirty years this August, fifty-mumble mumble years old, and I'm a writer. I have four daughters (I know, I know, what was I thinking?) two dogs, and right at this point in time--four cats, although I've had as many as eleven at the same time in the past. I can't turn away strays, even pregnant ones, so my home office has also served as a maternity ward and nursery for cats several times. It's always fun trying to concentrate on your work when there are kittens scurrying across your lap with their little needle claws out.

My youngest daughter is graduating from high school next month, her older sister is getting married in July, and then once I pack the graduate's bags for NYU this fall, I will have an empty nest (well, except for hubby and the six pets). This is one of the most stressful times in my entire life and yet--no analogs for over two weeks and I'm fine. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I read through all 32 pages and it was nice to get to know a little about each of you. I'm so glad there is a friendly place to come and talk about vaping with people who get it.

Hey Jude! (Sorry, I had to) Welcome and your cute doggie pic totally wins. Great job on not smoking during stressful times. I totally get it; this has been the hardest year of teaching that I have ever had and presto change-ono ciggies here. Welcome and keep posting!

Last edited:

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Wouldn't you know it - I had Colin check my tonsils about 30 mins ago and he said the left one (which is where I hurt) looks like a wad of chewing gum - plus my lymph nodes are say HI! HI! HI! *ugh* Just when I thought I was in the clear! Plus, I keep tugging on my left ear like a 2 year old because I can tell I've got a middle, and judging by my wave of vertigo when I got up right before Colin looked down my throat, it's probably an inner ear too. Good thing we have NOTHING planned for the rest of the month so I can just sit back and let it heal. Most tonsillitis is viral so not much to do but eat/drink cold stuff and ride it out as long as I don't get a high fever.

I'll still be in and out - I can't stand being offline so much, lol! Remember, also, that I never close my browser unless I reboot, so when Colin's logged in, it shows me logged in as well, to anything I have open. If it's in sleep mode, I'll disappear :)

toodles for now (and I get chicken and stars soup later - yay!)

daisy

Ohhh, no Daisy. Hey, you can be online and have vertigo! We accept dizziness here! (tee hee that was not a blond joke, I swear, and yes I am a blond.)

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Its a heavy APV though. 8.25oz or 235g. I dont vape near as much as I did and am going to lower my nic from 18mg down to around 12 and I am also switching to 100%vg.
That and the money you save makes it worth it. The weight alone would keep me from using it. It seems like a perfect "guy" vape tho. It's good to see you Strike.

JmeMcG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
Which phoenix did you get? I wanted to try some but, Got Vapes only had the tank style.Is that what you got?

I did not get the tank style phoenix, just the cartomizers. I must have been lucky to get them when I ordered if they are out now (I ordered all this new stuff from GotVapes myself). I am wondering what the generic name for these phoenix cartos are. I am liking them so much already that these would be something I would consider buying in bulk from somewhere like HC. I have not taken this one apart to try and clean it (which I guess you can) because I just started using it yesterday and it doesn't need to be cleaned yet. You definately have to fill them exactly the way that they show on the video. The only thing I can say that I don't care for is the rubber drip tip that comes with these. I get a weird taste from it. Thought maybe you absolutely had to use it with these cartos (the way it goes inside the tube seals off the teeny little fill hole in the top silicone cap) but found out that a standard drip tip (that would fit a boge) will work fine. So far so good. It has been nice to fill it with juice and go. I have used boges since day one and even though I liked them a lot, was getting tired of constantly topping them off to make sure they were nice and wet. You can vape these phoenix clear down to empty without any problems.

JmeMcG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :bday:

I promise to not send the sickies your way :)

On Thursday afternoon, a nice man drove up in a truck with a trailer on the back and left me a Cub Cadet LTX 1040, 42" deck riding lawn mower, or tractor as my dad refers to it :) He'd called me Weds. to tell me it was coming. My old mower (sorry, tractor) was a Yard Man 42" with over 600 hours on it when I got it - I've spent the last 2 summers jump starting it because even with the proper wiring/battery/younameit - it won't hold a charge! It was sooooooooo nice to just turn a key and whoosh! It shoots the grass out about 20 feet - the old one dropped clumps :facepalm: This one has a serious PTO and a nice 19 hp engine - with the gas cap on the outside! It even mows in reverse - woohoo!

I would SO love to do raised beds - but I could never afford the soil to put in them! We may get someone to come till a section of the yard where the old owners had their garden, years before I got the house. I still have 3 lovely fruit trees and a Concord grape arbor which has taken over half the 60 ft long, 8ft tall hedge that we're going to try to tame as soon as it's done blooming - double :facepalm:

Enjoy your day, and may it be a good start to a great year!

daisy

Thank you Daisy! 44 today...

We needed 2 1/2 yards of soil for the two beds. Have a place about a mile from the house that sells a premium garden blend (that's what they call it...) soil, mushroom compost, sandy loam, chicken waste all blended together. It is what they recommend for starter beds. It was $35 a yard, so I didn't think that was too bad. Never would have been able to afford buying it by the bag at the Depot or Lowes. We were lucky we had all the wood here from other projects, so it has been mostly labor at this point. Now I just have to figure out what to plant.... LOL!

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Tried my hand at serious mixing of flavors today for the first time. I've been having trouble finding a first-thing-in-the-morning with my coffee vape. All the flavors I like for the rest of the day are too sweet and it's the only time I find myself craving an analog. I bought some Sweet Virginia, but it was too strong a flavor for me. I mixed it with unflavored nic juice plus some caramel cappuccino, a few drops of this, a few drops of that, and I think I might have made a mix I can live with until the other flavors I have on order arrive. At least I hope so. It's still has a slight burnt pecan taste, but at least it's not super sweet.

Anybody have a not too sweet flavor that works for their first vape of the day that they'd like to recommend?

Gosh, I hope you all are feeling better. Sounds like a very nasty bug was making the rounds. My youngest has a bad cold right now, but at least no fever with it. Take care of yourselves.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Thank you Daisy! 44 today...

We needed 2 1/2 yards of soil for the two beds. Have a place about a mile from the house that sells a premium garden blend (that's what they call it...) soil, mushroom compost, sandy loam, chicken waste all blended together. It is what they recommend for starter beds. It was $35 a yard, so I didn't think that was too bad. Never would have been able to afford buying it by the bag at the Depot or Lowes. We were lucky we had all the wood here from other projects, so it has been mostly labor at this point. Now I just have to figure out what to plant.... LOL!

Happy Birthday!!

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Tried my hand at serious mixing of flavors today for the first time. I've been having trouble finding a first-thing-in-the-morning with my coffee vape. All the flavors I like for the rest of the day are too sweet and it's the only time I find myself craving an analog. I bought some Sweet Virginia, but it was too strong a flavor for me. I mixed it with unflavored nic juice plus some caramel cappuccino, a few drops of this, a few drops of that, and I think I might have made a mix I can live with until the other flavors I have on order arrive. At least I hope so. It's still has a slight burnt pecan taste, but at least it's not super sweet.

Anybody have a not too sweet flavor that works for their first vape of the day that they'd like to recommend?

Gosh, I hope you all are feeling better. Sounds like a very nasty bug was making the rounds. My youngest has a bad cold right now, but at least no fever with it. Take care of yourselves.

Hmmm, taste is so subjective that it is hard to recommend something to a new vaper. My favorite flavors are all tobaccos like NLV Gold and Kentucky Premium from Vermillion River. Gold kind of tastes like caramel popcorn or something and I love it for my morning vape.

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
Hmmm, taste is so subjective that it is hard to recommend something to a new vaper. My favorite flavors are all tobaccos like NLV Gold and Kentucky Premium from Vermillion River. Gold kind of tastes like caramel popcorn or something and I love it for my morning vape.

Thanks. I might give that a try. I don't even think about analogs the rest of the day, but for some reason, first thing in the morning, I want something a little harsher and not so sweet. KBV's OMG is pretty good as is their RY4, but they are both still a little sweet. I might try diluting them with some flavorless and see what happens. I also have some tobacco flavor juice that came with my original kit. Maybe mixing a little of that in with the OMG would work.

I feel like a mad scientist. :p

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Thanks. I might give that a try. I don't even think about analogs the rest of the day, but for some reason, first thing in the morning, I want something a little harsher and not so sweet. KBV's OMG is pretty good as is their RY4, but they are both still a little sweet. I might try diluting them with some flavorless and see what happens. I also have some tobacco flavor juice that came with my original kit. Maybe mixing a little of that in with the OMG would work.

I feel like a mad scientist. :p

Have you tried a 555? They tend to NOT be sweet, but are really nutty. I have never been able to fully like any of them, though it seems as though I want to. (weird, huh?) I love most RY4's and their derivatives.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Glad your liking the Z,I still don't see any on the site. But I've read he was having some online payment problems.
I've been vaping 100% VG for about 2 or 3 weeks. I wanted to see if it worked better for me.
My problem was super dry throat and sinuses, so I wanted to see if it was the PG.
I was using the sinus rinse once or twice a day,sinus spray ALL day,sucking on hard candy ALL day,and drinking at least 2 gallons of water a day. And still had a raw throat and sinuses (even a bloody nose)!
I can say for me anyway that I can't do PG (was doing 70/30 PG/VG),now my wife has no problem.
I've been vaping AVE juice,one of them has 5% PG and it seems ok. But the rest are 100%VG.
I'm glad I found what it was, the dryness was getting old and painful!

Wow. I had never heard of anyone having issues like that, but it definitely don't sound fun. Good news is the Genesis Atty shines with VG. Here is something that may help you test drive for cheap. Otherwise many other people are also making them now. It wont be long before they are more common.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsgTnSaTqRI

blkhwk07

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Ohio,in the sticks!
That was the sickest I have been in forever!! I went to work two of the three days that I was feverish and it was a nightmare. I didn't try the Crown Royale treatment, but I did drink a ton of Mogicha, Japanese barley tea. One of my students brings me bags of it. It looks like it's going to be another beautiful day in northwest Ohio!!! Enjoy!

I know, if I had the sickness also I most likely wouldn't have thought of alcohol. But I couldn't kick the fever till the shots.
Then when it broke I couldn't stop sweating!
Luckily I only missed one day of work,but a couple days I didn't know if I would make it all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread