Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
And here I am researching small to mid size cities in the North as possible retirement locations. It is already too hot down here for this kitty.

Janet's sister and niece recently moved from Ft Meyers area of Florida to Aiken, SC and really like that location.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Janet's sister and niece recently moved from Ft Meyers area of Florida to Aiken, SC and really like that location.
Thanks for the tip I will look into it!

Right now the big 3 items on our list are:
I gotta have regular snow I just don't feel healthy if I don't get a winter.

It has to have decent mass transit both for me and for the hubby (wheelchair) as there is a pretty good chance I will hit the point of no longer being able to drive at a far younger age than most (due to lifelong vision issues).

It can't have an outrageous cost of living.

Edit and a 4th is how bad the vaping laws are in case we survive the FDA.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Thanks for the tip I will look into it!

Right now the big 3 items on our list are:
I gotta have regular snow I just don't feel healthy if I don't get a winter.

It has to have decent mass transit both for me and for the hubby (wheelchair) as there is a pretty good chance I will hit the point of no longer being able to drive at a far younger age than most (due to lifelong vision issues).

It can't have an outrageous cost of living.

Edit and a 4th is how bad the vaping laws are in case we survive the FDA.

opps! Aiken may not be for you. Her sister and in-laws didn't want cold or snow. Aiken averages 1 inch of snowfall per winter.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
opps! Aiken may not be for you. Her sister and in-laws didn't want cold or snow. Aiken averages 1 inch of snowfall per winter.
Tennessee if a beautiful state, gets snow in some area's. Pretty sure the vaping laws are lenient and the cost of living in the south is low low

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
guys I just finished listening to this. Starting about halfway through they get a lawyer on who has a really good idea how to beat the FDA quickly and efficiently. He is 80 years old and never lost in a case using what he proposes. Well worth the listen.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
guys I just finished listening to this. Starting about halfway through they get a lawyer on who has a really good idea how to beat the FDA quickly and efficiently. He is 80 years old and never lost in a case using what he proposes. Well worth the listen.

A 2hr video :shock: ... can you give us a summary of what his idea is?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
A 2hr video :shock: ... can you give us a summary of what his idea is?
That is why I said the last half.

Basically he has used this method to beat many federal and state agencies over the years (never lost with it). It comes down to the FDA is required to take into account how this will effect even small and medium size towns in terms of jobs and economics and they never do what is required when they issue regulations. He details how to nail them. In short government agencies just check the boxes on the form without doing the studies thus perjuring themselves. It only takes a victory in one town or city to overthrow the entire regulation. Now I am sure I am not getting this 100% right so I do suggest folks listen for themselves.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Have ordered multiple times over da past couple of years, SILICONE DTs. Sure saves chipped thoothies while boatin' and da hell wid cold weather metallic lip 'stick'!

I'll mail ya a few if ya can't find 'em...

Really appreciate the offer. You inspired me to get out there on FT and take a look. I ordered a bag of 50 for $7 including the upgraded shipping. I got the ones that look like Pro Tank drip tips. I don't know how they can even make a profit at those prices.

cheers Mick

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
In New York, it gets so cold that salt doesn't melt ice!
FB_IMG_1490412657937.jpg

A few years back it hit -30 to -40 for a few days. That was fun!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Thanks everybody, I still get a bit excited about vaperversaries, I mean, holy cow, I did did it! :D :lol: And I have you all and everybody on ECF to thank for it. :wub:

FastTech wouldn't take PayPal for devices? Is there a limit on PayPal at FastTech or has PayPal refused to process mod purchases?

Not sure who was asking about using CCs when ordering as I skimmed what I missed while gone so using this one to pass on the info.

@retired1 has this very helpful thread. Before you click that "order" button There is very helpful information in there and ways to check the security of any website you want to order from. Doubly important for me since I don't use PP. I have never had a problem ordering from FT using a cc. I've never tried to return anything to them either...

Happy Vapeversary to you too Flamingo!!!!!

I totally forgot about it. I think it was our 4th.

For those worrying...I am fine I just have not been online much in quite awhile. With the warmer weather the hands are not aching so much and I have been getting real world things done while I have the opportunity.

Latest vaping toy is a SMOK Alien 220. I am SO loving this thing. Even chain vaping at my little 15-20 watts I can go all day without changing batteries. Why oh why did I resist dual battery mods so long? The side button on the thing is wonderful since it is pretty much the entire side which lets me basically squeeze it with all my fingers and is so much easier on sore hands.

Woohoo! Good to see you. Yep, it was the fourth one. :D Glad you feeling better with the warmer weather, the move sounds daunting. We're dreading that decision. :(

I just got a new signature to replace the one that died months ago. Discovered it's my 2 1/2 year anniversary.

A while ago I got some 1/4" id silicone tubing. It was part of an idea I had for rewicking Nautilus coils, which didn't work out.

Anyway it's pothole season in Indiana and that always makes me nervous about vaping and driving. Heading out for work at 6.00 in the morning in the dark I could hit a big one while I was taking a hit and lose a tooth. That silicone tubing fits perfectly over a drip tip. It works with most drip tips because it's so flexible and stretchy. I leave a 1/4" or so sticking out past the drip tip. Looks a bit dorky but I don't have to worry about potholes. It actually feels better on the lips than stainless too.

I got 10' of the silicone tubing for $9 which will last me forever.

I thought about trying silicone drip tips a few times but every time I looked they were out of stock.

Happy 2.5 vaperversary! :thumbs:

We have more than the usual number of potholes, the spring in the middle of the highway is flowing again, our street is a disaster area but you haven't seen potholes unless you've been to Portland, OR recently. We almost hit one that was easily 18" deep. Saw a number of others that were up to 12" deep. Never seen it that bad.

I use plastic DTs but did get some silicone ones I've never used. Now might be the time. Never used SS ones because I wouldn't need a pothole to take a tooth out, sticking it in my mouth alone would do it.

@Flamingo tutu, I spoke with a local b&m (with 3stores). The California tax is 30% on nicotine!!! It is their plan to charge a separate fee for the nic and separate fee for the juice. They have not decided to bottle separately, or mix as a courtesy. But they have to pay the 30% upfront when they buy the nic.
So for them, here in Ca. It would be simple to charge two items, to save their customers. Not just customers money, but save the relationship with customers. I was told nothing else would be taxed at that rate. So we shall see.

@Zen Knitter , I like what you heard, hope it's true. Thank you for passing it on. :wub: The one thing that seems to be constant in all the speculation is only the nic containing products will be taxed. Maybe they'll be taken care of in April but since the other stuff has been legalized, maybe they won't be able to. Who saw that coming? And I guess a new round of states are up for vaping taxes. In over four decades of wanting to quit smoking, never did I think I'd be taxed for it. :facepalm:

And, Erlkonigen clones.

That one I don't think I've heard about. Erlkonigen clones, lol. I'll have to look those up.

I purchased one with my paypal one week, and the next, it said that a credit card had to be used because I had selected another. So I took the device off the list and have not purchased one since. I had purchased several previously. One in particular gave me lots of problems and it took about 6 months for them to agree to take it back. could be why they want a credit card for me on them.

Seen a lot of complaints the past couple of months about their new return policies. Seriously, you have to post a video of the the problem? Maybe you ordered another something like Aspire? I'm sorry you had problems with them.

As I read it better it sounds like ecig stuff will be looked at in July for taxing

Yeah, stick them once and then stick them twice. It's all okay, it's for the children. :grr:

Akchooley salt duzn't melt ice. It lowers the freezing point of water. Something like mid 20's itz pretty much useless.

You know, I knew that. Once upon a time. Thanks for the brain jiggle. :)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hey for you guys that use the K5 I have a problem with the Tobeccos the worst of juice seeping out the bottom. I think I found a way to stop it. It was what another guy told me. The only O rings that I have problems with are the bottom 2 on the head. The schematic says use a 1X10 on the bottom one but a guy told me use a 1X11 so while burning the SS and rewicking I took it apart and did that makes a much better seal A little hard to change the af control but doable and I think my seeping is over. Plus I rarely change it use #1.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Hey for you guys that use the K5 I have a problem with the Tobeccos the worst of juice seeping out the bottom. I think I found a way to stop it. It was what another guy told me. The only O rings that I have problems with are the bottom 2 on the head. The schematic says use a 1X10 on the bottom one but a guy told me use a 1X11 so while burning the SS and rewicking I took it apart and did that makes a much better seal A little hard to change the af control but doable and I think my seeping is over. Plus I rarely change it use #1.
I use 11 x1 on all three on the deck on all my tobecos,SXK and SJMY KF V5 clones.No problem at all with leaking or seeping.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I have found with these Russian flavors I'm able to cut them to .5% and up the nic to 6mg and working out well for me. Dang those flavors are strong, amazing 1/2ml flavors a 100ml bottle. I am sure I have enough to last the rest of my life at that rate. Each 10ml bottle makes 2000ml of juice. A couple I use 2 flavors because I love the Cream flavor with nearly all and use .5% of that also. I figure even tho it contains a small amout of diacetyl I can't be getting much.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I still would like to buy one more DNA. I use the 4 that I have daily and like my 133 and 200 the best but the 75's are nearly the same. The 133 I wanted to get seemed high priced at the time and now has been upgraded to a 166 still same price around $150. Oh and the 200 I have is the Triade and it doesn't even seem big to me anymore. It fits so well in the hand so at home I use my fav flavor Creme Brule and Cream in my authentic K5 which is for some reason just a little better then the Tobecco, especially on the 1 pip setting just a hair tighter and just right. Use the largest MTL insert on the Tobeccos making them about the same for my vaping style which is partially lung and partially MTL don't know if there is a name for that. Thought I'd try to breathe a little life into this thread. Haven't been here for a while oh and while my Triade is my fave ecig it is a little to big for the pocket. I see they are still available but have to check if they are still a 200 or a 250. That 200 board is a heck of a good board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread