Status
Not open for further replies.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Don't forget folks today fasttech has a 20% off sale. Code is on the main fasttech page.

I just put in my order that has been sitting in my cart for quite awhile LMAO. Mostly just parts and pieces of various things. Spare rebuild decks for the Subtank Minis etc.

I forgot thank you!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
vape?" data-source="post: 17669877" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape? said:
And you all are gonna help me figure this out? That's 2 very different results.
It depends on the juice. It's what we mean by "finding your sweet spot." Most of my juices that I started with were custards & are real coil gunkers & won't tolerate a higher coil along with higher watts. I could use the 1.8 coil, but only at about 8.5 to 9 watts or the custard flavoring would gunk the coil quickly & start tasting burnt. Burt custard. Yuk. With a 1.6 coil I could raise the watts to 10 to 12, get a little warmer vape & not risk burning my juice. I don't like a really warm vape but custards are soooooo good just a bit warmer. You'll see when you get your new set up & have a chance to play. You'll be surprised when you taste how different juices taste at different watts & with different ohm coils.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Church and brunch... ya know...

Told ya'll so...
dueling.gif
Lol! My first drink was rum. It didn't go well! Tequila, too...[emoji12]. I'm honestly not much for hard liqour, & don't drink often. Occasionally I'll want a beer or glass of wine. But a bottle of wine or a 6 pack will set for months.

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
It depends on the juice. It's what we mean by "finding your sweet spot." Most of my juices that I started with were custards & are real coil gunkers & won't tolerate a higher coil along with higher watts. I could use the 1.8 coil, but only at about 8.5 to 9 watts or the custard flavoring would gunk the coil quickly & start tasting burnt. Burt custard. Yuk. With a 1.6 coil I could raise the watts to 10 to 12, get a little warmer vape & not risk burning my juice. I don't like a really warm vape but custards are soooooo good just a bit warmer. You'll see when you get your new set up & have a chance to play. You'll be surprised when you taste how different juices taste at different watts & with different ohm coils.

I'm sort of putting off buying parts, extra coils, till it gets here. As soon as I sort out gear, then maybe try diy juice. Although, I don't know how easy to come by the materials will be here. Liquid Nic base , I'd have to import in smaller quantities.

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
I'm trying to figure out the safety of charging my devices off Australia mains which is 240 as opposed to 110 us. Am using a simple prong configuration adapter, which works. But vaporfi kept repeating that some kind of issue could be created because of the difference. Can't find an open thread of Aussies or internationals to ask. Any electrical engineers in the house?

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
@Vape? , we do have a few here with electrical knowledge :confused::rolleyes::wub: Unfortunately, not me :shock:

I realized something tonight about my faster than normal Fasttech deliveries. They used to come through New York customs and would be held up for a week or more. These recent orders are coming through Miami and zippidy do da, in state, at local PO within days, and ready for delivery. Things that make you go hummmmm :cry: :thumbs:

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm trying to figure out the safety of charging my devices off Australia mains which is 240 as opposed to 110 us. Am using a simple prong configuration adapter, which works. But vaporfi kept repeating that some kind of issue could be created because of the difference. Can't find an open thread of Aussies or internationals to ask. Any electrical engineers in the house?
What are you charging? USB doesn't matter. Just use your puter. But most batt chargers are 110/240.

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
What are you charging? USB doesn't matter. Just use your puter. But most batt chargers are 110/240.
A vaporfi edge model with inbuilt battery . Can't charge through laptop, only have an iPad. So it's wall socket or nada.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
A vaporfi edge model with inbuilt battery . Can't charge through laptop, only have an iPad. So it's wall socket or nada.
Why on earth didn't it come with a charger?

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
It did, and I just looked, says 110-240, so that should be fine.? They just kept bringing up the fact that it was calibrated for us consumers.? Bloody vaporfi .
Well, will be sort of starting over when I get the new kit, over time will add a few back ups as I can afford. One step at a time. I just left a group of Brisbane vapors,, mostly kids, no time to answer questions. I can get some brand names from au vendors,will help with bleeding shipping costs. But need to start with getting the hang of Vw, first. Most starter kits here only come with usb cord, no adapter. Wonder why?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I don't think so. :shock:
Yes huh!!!! :wub:

Church and brunch... ya know...
yeah but you were up early even for that! Then again, I did forget you were an hour later than me.

Under the heading of "nice to hear":
Parents are visiting this weekend.
This morning, we are sitting, and listening to music, and playing on our devices...
Mom: "What do I smell coming from your kitchen?"
Me: "Maybe you smell my ejuice?"
Mom: "What are you vaping?"
Me: "It's a strawberry/Mellon blend that I put a bit of wintergreen in."
Mom: "Yep, that's the smell. It smells REALLY good!"

:)
Awwwwwww that's sweet!! And glad y'all are having a nice visit!! Again, was so great to meet you, and I'm usin my froggy every day! Thanks!

My only talent! As you may know from others who are older than you, age brings on a distinct fading of normal conversational "appropriateness" filters. Like if someone does something stupid - when you were younger your CAF (see above) will prevent you from commenting on their lack of common sense (at least until they are out of hearing range). At my age my CAFs are raggedy, faded and useless. Evidence of this was pointed out to me yesterday while shopping with a friend who told me I was gonna get shot dead by whomever I was talking about if I didn't find at least a scrap of my CAF while out in public. LOL
lol I'm kinda the opposite, but will likely come full circle eventually. When I was younger I had very little in the way of CAF's. I spoke my mind regardless of where I was or who I was talkin to, especially as a teenager, but even as a young adult. I eventually learned it's often better to keep my mouth shut. It wasn't that I meant to be disrespectful, I was just very passionate about things, and hot blooded you might say, and often either the passion I felt about something or my temper, or both got the better of me. Now I'm far more patient, respectful, etc most of the time, (not always) But I would imagine that as I age a couple more decades the "don't give a crap itis" will take over and I'll be just as outspoken as I once was! hehehe

I sent a message about the defective Kayfun base late Friday. I placed an order for another five conversion sets early today (got 10% off). Just hoping they honor the complaint, and pop a replacement into the received order in time, before it goes out. Otherwise I would accept a credit, I guess.
kewl, glad you contacted them and hope they get it in the order for you.

I'm sort of putting off buying parts, extra coils, till it gets here. As soon as I sort out gear, then maybe try diy juice. Although, I don't know how easy to come by the materials will be here. Liquid Nic base , I'd have to import in smaller quantities.
good idea to not buy things right now, til you at least get your gear that's being sent and see what you really need. I am not glad you don't have a computer, but glad you won't be charging anything through the USB on one. I gotta differ from Gary on that one :shock: :) and say don't ever charge a vaping device through a computer. Many do and have no issues, but I'd end up being the one who destroyed the puter doin it. lol

DIY can be sorta involved, or it can be sooooo simple. I do mine stupid simple with hardly any equipment, and I just ordered a scale to do it by weight, so now my only equipment will be a scale, and a bottle lol @Myrany and @mmsjs5 aren't y'all proud of me?? hehehe My scale will be here tomorrow.
But don't even think about that right now. Time enough for that once you get comfy with yur vape gear! But if you do DIY, it will save you a ton of money both in the juice itself and especially in the shipping. And wolf can tell you where and how he gets his supplies.

@Vape? , we do have a few here with electrical knowledge :confused::rolleyes::wub: Unfortunately, not me :shock:

I realized something tonight about my faster than normal Fasttech deliveries. They used to come through New York customs and would be held up for a week or more. These recent orders are coming through Miami and zippidy do da, in state, at local PO within days, and ready for delivery. Things that make you go hummmmm :cry: :thumbs:
huh that is interesting!!!

Most starter kits here only come with usb cord, no adapter. Wonder why?
They started doing that a couple years ago I think. I always figgered cuz it was cheaper and cuz a lot of folks had a ton of wall warts.....although most that do aren't buying starter kits usually. Someone awhile back gave another reason for it, but I don't recall what it was.

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
Just went on another excursion looking at possible next mods, available in au,someone smack me, still about as clear as mud. found the caged tank for 10$+ au, not bad. Gotta stop myself from jumping ahead. I guess using the vaporfi products till they die, will be my backups for a while.too much money already spent. I'm actually using a 1.2 on the vice, using 24 Nic juice, but not quite satisfying to vape. Can't taste it much. The tank gets quite hot. I've got .5 coils for it, I guess I'll try that. The heat is still worrying though. Very bad design, in my opinion.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Lol! My first drink was rum. It didn't go well! Tequila, too...
emoji12.png
. I'm honestly not much for hard liqour, & don't drink often. Occasionally I'll want a beer or glass of wine. But a bottle of wine or a 6 pack will set for months.

I will vape rum from time to time and love a touch of rum in my coffee (vape) also.

Had my first hard alcohol drink for almost 30 years when we toasted Tex down in Florida...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I will vape rum from time to time and love a touch of rum in my coffee (vape) also.

Had my first hard alcohol drink for almost 30 years when we toasted Tex down in Florida...
I do love a hot Bloody Mary, & Mojito's are great in hot weather!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Kenna wrote: It depends on the juice. It's what we mean by "finding your sweet spot." Most of my juices that I started with were custards & are real coil gunkers & won't tolerate a higher coil along with higher watts. I could use the 1.8 coil, but only at about 8.5 to 9 watts or the custard flavoring would gunk the coil quickly & start tasting burnt. Burt custard. Yuk. With a 1.6 coil I could raise the watts to 10 to 12, get a little warmer vape & not risk burning my juice. I don't like a really warm vape but custards are soooooo good just a bit warmer. You'll see when you get your new set up & have a chance to play. You'll be surprised when you taste how different juices taste at different watts & with different ohm coils.

I'm able to vape at 10 watts all day on a Kayfun. I go to 12 watts from time to time and back down to 10W. Some juices taste better at 7W.

To be able to vape all day at 10W and 12W I use a tight wick that barely fits through the coil. I have to roll the end with heavy finger pressure until it will fit into the coil. When I pull it through I have to twist constantly to get it to move through without bending the coil legs. Once it's in place I pull it gently back and forth to size the wick until it moves without bending the coil legs. Then, I cut the wick ends to just touch the deck on each side.

It's a force fit at first that results in a complete coil contact with no hot spots on the coil. Juice feeds freely through the wick if I do it that way.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'm able to vape at 10 watts all day on a Kayfun. I go to 12 watts from time to time and back down to 10W. Some juices taste better at 7W.

To be able to vape all day at 10W and 12W I use a tight wick that barely fits through the coil. I have to roll the end with heavy finger pressure until it will fit into the coil. When I pull it through I have to twist constantly to get it to move through without bending the coil legs. Once it's in place I pull it gently back and forth to size the wick until it moves without bending the coil legs. Then, I cut the wick ends to just touch the deck on each side.

It's a force fit at first that results in a complete coil contact with no hot spots on the coil. Juice feeds freely through the wick if I do it that way.

Cotton or Rayon?

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I too drank my share and ten other people's by the time I was 25. Mistaking a rubbish bin for a bar stool. Wasn't pretty. Tea, coffee, and ginger beer will do me, these days. Lots of ice water. Iced tea when I make it.

MMMMMmmmm... I love ginger beer. Was in Perth for a coupla days (years ago, when I was still in the Navy). Found a bar and got hooked on some kind of ginger beer that came in a black and white striped bottle... kinda looked like a "zebra pattern"... never seen it since, but I'm pretty sure that I drank my own weight in that stuff that night. :D

All soft drinks are Coke. Unless they are actually Coca Cola. Or Dr Pepper. Rum goes in Coca Cola or cocktails only.
Texas it's a whole nother country! ;)

That's not just a Texas thing... I grew up with the same line of thinking in Mississippi... beverage choices were Coke or Tea... which meant soda or sweet tea! :lol:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
@Kenna reminded me that I needed to post this over here on the porch... I'm finally happy with my Vanilla Custard! :D

Okay, well here is my vanilla custard recipe. I think that I am finally happy with this one... even though it really needs to steep for about a month. :(

Brickhouse Custard
TFA Vanilla Custard - 10%
TFA French Vanilla Creme - 5%
TFA Dulce De Leche - 5%
TFA Egg Nog - 5%
TFA Vanilla Bourbon - 3%
TFA Sweetener = 2%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread