PAYPAL is shutting down e-cig companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homedude

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2011
Conroe, Texas
I've noticed the lack of suppliers using paypal, what is the list of ones that openly use paypal?

No! Please don't do this. If an e-cig company is accepting paypal, they are doing it under the radar and probably want some discretion so they don't get shut down. Making a public listing would just get them shut down that much quicker.

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
I hate PayPal. I switched over to Amazon Payments two years ago. It's pretty much the same thing, but without all the BS. I wish more people on the classifieds were willing to use it or that I could get a "verified member" status with it. I'm certainly not going to trust my money with PayPal. I don't like the company. I don't like how they deal with the FDA. And I don't like how they treat their buyers and sellers.

lefthooked

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2011
Cape Coral, Florida
i wish people would stand up to the FDA, this is bull honky. PayPAl is a huge company and they should stand up for their rights!

found this image after the FDA called me on an ofer I bought online from a bodybuilding store....."yes, I didnt use said product and flushed it down the drain" :yeahreet:!

fda.jpg

Vaprific

Dec 29, 2011
USA-AUS-SEA
Have a business address outside the US and you'll be fine. Look at TW, LF, EM, HG. all use PP.

It's a US rule.

Only because a company called Moneybookers will also close your account (they're not even nice about it as PayPal is) instantly if you even have a link or a advertisement to an e-cig site. They are a second rate wannabe competitor to Paypal, and they dont' even bother to warn you or restrict you. Their decision is final. They are a big player in Europe however. So many people lose their online business, and their way of supporting themselves for being silly enough to want to help people get more healthy.

I admit times like these really depress me. So many folks who are supposedly "anti-smoking" are in fact helping big tobacco out by taking this wonderful option away.

This is very possibly a part of their strategy. They pose as "concerned citizens" and complain to companies that someone is selling cigarettes to their kids. So ISPs get scared and close down web sites or hosting accounts, advertising companies close their accounts with you, search engines kick you out. And even EzineArticles, who supply content for many a dubious subject, has lumped e cig vendors in that group that includes drug dealers, terrorists, and nuclear materials traders. Yep, mention e cigs in an article and you're toast.

So how long before this happens to even our refuge of freedom here on ECF? I hope the admins, or organizers of this site pre-empt this by making sure their ISP is aware of the truth of e-cigarettes. That might not even help though when a "concerned customer"(with a Big tobacco pin on his chest) complains that they are hosting a site that harms public health and are liable to lawsuit.

The only two weapons we have here are information and our numbers. And by numbers I mean using our wallets and power of choice as consumers to boycott companies who are spreading misinformation or just being lazy in finding out the truth, or are bowing to pressure from unscrupulous lawyers or government (Big tobacco) agents.

No I don't have any evidence that this is all one big "conspiracy" by Big Tobacco, and I'm not even sure that I think so. The reality shows that it is possible and plausible though, and if you were in charge of a Big Tobacco company, what would you do?

One thing I am sure of, is that if we don't start acting as a group, a very large group, we will soon ALL be legislated into criminalhood or incarceration. And for me spending over 40 years as a tax paying, law abiding citizen, this makes me livid to be blunt. To want to take me away from my family for having the audacity to want to live longer!

There is very little to delineate government from tobacco companies in this battle. Both are protecting their money and will do anything to do so, even at the expense of our insignificant (to them) lives.

Sad thing is, I don't think this will happen (organising as a whole collective), so I am going to have to divest myself of anything to do with promotion or advocating electronic cigarettes. The stock I have will last me a long time, so I can be like a lot of vapers out there who just want to look out for #1, and slink back into the shadows and vape in private until I get tossed in the slammer. (explanation: I'm an expat American,and where I live e-cigs were banned two days after the FDA published their original findings)

As recent history has suggested, many people are content to let their freedoms slip away without a fight and by choosing this course of action, deserve the results. That could never be more true in this new smoking war.

But I personally am not going to pay such a high price any more. Not until I see that vapers are serious about protecting their freedom of choice for tobacco harm. Tossing a few bits to CASAA is just not going to cut it.

Slightly meandering unintentionally off top rant finished lol

Bullmastiffguy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Trochu,Alberta
altavapes.com
I used pay pal for a purchase a couple of weeks ago and no problems here. They want their share of the money just like everyone else. The only reason were having trouble for vaping is the Gov, and cig manufacturers are losing money.
If every vaper out their donated $10 we'd have enough money to bribe someone too...........

Katatonik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
I used pay pal for a purchase a couple of weeks ago and no problems here. They want their share of the money just like everyone else. The only reason were having trouble for vaping is the Gov, and cig manufacturers are losing money.
If every vaper out their donated $10 we'd have enough money to bribe someone too...........

That's because you're in Canada.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
no problem from this site for me.

when buying from the classified you are sending paypal payment to an individual and it's just marked a "goods" or "service". The main issue with paypal as I understand it is they will not allow an actual e-cig or e-cig related businesses to do secure enterprise transactions. if I were to buy device from somone from the classifieds, for all paypal knows I'm paying for the "service" of you shipping my a battery and a metal tube...;)

I have recently made 3 purchases from these here classifieds without issue.

Theken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
If they find that the purchase was for e-cigarette related goods, they will hold the funds and in a couple cases this has been lost money. I don't understand why anyone would support paypal after the position they have taken. To be a member of the vaping community and still use paypal, to me, is very strange. I cancelled my paypal account (which was active for nearly a decade with thousands of dollars in transactions) along with the reason being due to their stance on e-cigarettes was my only real option. Dwolla is a much better alternative imo

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
Paypal stinks in so many ways. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I refuse to have anything to do with them. I would like the three thousand bucks back that they owe me although I know I will never see it. Evilbay/payscam should be boycotted by everyone. They have basically created a monopoly in several areas and they don't give a dang about their customers at all. Over the years I have paid tens of thousands of dollars in fees to both of these and they both turned around and stabbed me in the back.

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
If they find that the purchase was for e-cigarette related goods, they will hold the funds and in a couple cases this has been lost money. I don't understand why anyone would support paypal after the position they have taken. To be a member of the vaping community and still use paypal, to me, is very strange. I cancelled my paypal account (which was active for nearly a decade with thousands of dollars in transactions) along with the reason being due to their stance on e-cigarettes was my only real option. Dwolla is a much better alternative imo

Right on they owe my over three grand and will not give it back.

daen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2012
Denton, Texas
www.smokincrow.com
If they find that the purchase was for e-cigarette related goods, they will hold the funds and in a couple cases this has bQeen lost money. I don't understand why anyone would support paypal after the position they have taken. To be a member of the vaping community and still use paypal, to me, is very strange. I cancelled my paypal account (which was active for nearly a decade with thousands of dollars in transactions) along with the reason being due to their stance on e-cigarettes was my only real option. Dwolla is a much better alternative imo

Thanks for the warning Theken! Much appreciated. I too have an account with them for other things but certainly didn't know this.

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
They shut me down years ago because of ecigs.
My wife signed up so she could buy some eBay crap, 1 month later they shut her down even though she did nothing wrong (other than association with me).
She called them, they won't tell her why they shut her down.

I tried several credit cards to buy eBay or other things, as a non member. None of them are "allowed".
I guess they spent many hours "hunting me down" to not allow any transactions from me or even my wife.
Simply amazing and totally uncalled for.

Bottom line, don't use PayPal for anything....NOTHING. I'd be very careful with them as they can lock your account and likely steal cash from you also.

There really need to be a PP boycott....wishfully thinking.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I do not live in USA, nor do I buy from companies in USA, but Paypal has started blocking payments in other countries too. Four weeks ago I sent for a bunch of atomizers from a company in another country, and Paypal refused to transfer my money to that company for the first time in over two years, so I paid directly with my credit card instead. Three weeks ago I sent for 750ml 24mg e-liquid from another country and Paypal had no problem with that payment.

Conclusion: Paypal, and maybe FDA, knows about some companies which deals with e-cigs and e-liquid, and do not know about other companies. So please do not write about companies they have not discovered and banned yet. FDA or Paypal may have informers in big e-cig forums. For companies it also helps to have a company name which does not contain words like e-liquid, e-cigs, smoke, etc in the company name. The company which I no longer can use Paypal for has the word e-liquid in its company name.
Which countries and which companies????? It doesn't tell us anything if you are so vague....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread