Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I just got thru shopping at BullCity and picked up some Highway, Desert Ship, RY1, and some AP. I have my Arabic at 4% and things have really picked up with that one, Love it in a 60/40 PG mix with 1.7% FA Flash. Gonna try some others now to see if I like them as well. I've been reading some back posts and will try some of Ya'lls recipes just to get me going.

There are DIY gurus in this thread that can lend some great advice on Hangsen for you. My comments are from a much lower experience level than some who post here.

RY1 will need something like .5% Acetyl Pyrazine (AP) to kick it up to a good, nutty tobacco taste. Same with Desert Ship.

Highway is good as it is. Just find the percentage that suits your taste.

Arabic is also good in a single mix for me. It's a spicy tobacco flavor with some complicated notes in the vapor.

I haven't tried FA Flash. Tell us what you think about it and provide some insight into its flavor.

Here's a thread that might interest you. Hangsen flavors are listed and reviewed as well as other flavor makers.
MASTER - Flavor Reviews and Tasting Notes • r/DIY_eJuice

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG-TFA

Looks like The Flavor Apprentice makes it opl.

On the FA Flash question
: I've been using that for about 2 years in all my mixes to help add more TH to my juice's. I have to have TH (ex-smoker here) and that is all that Flash does. It doesn't add any flavor that I have noticed, but helps with that "Back of the throat" sensation that cigarettes and cigars (I inhaled cigars also) gave me, just not quite as strongly as cigarettes did, but better than anything else I have tried that was supposed to add more TH to juice. I have settled on 1.75% of Flash (as more causes a buildup of phlegm in my throat) but others looking for added TH might be able to use a higher % in their mixes. I tested Flash in a 50/50 Unflavored solution with ECX Nic and noticed a definite difference with and without Flash in there as far as TH goes.

Arabic HS: I started using it at .5% and worked my way up to now 4% and have settled there. At 4% I can get that background sweetness to come thru which I like quite a bit, I use "ECX" 100mg NIC (for even more TH) at 9mg/ml and "ED" PG/VG and "FA Flash" at 1.75% with it as my only other additives in my mix. I tried going up to 4.5% and 5% but lost that background sweetness I was looking for in the Arabic, so am at 4%, and like that very much. @JeremyR got me onto the Hangsen Arabic HS initially, and ever since, that is the only mix I have used outside of my Menthol Mix (my #1 ADV).

I have already read enough about Highway to feel confident in starting at 4%, with my ECX NIC/Flash/and "ED" PG/VG.

AP: I got that to go with the RY1 and Desert Ship and plan to use .5% of it (I read all about the Corn Chip taste if used in higher amounts).

I like Strong Tobacco flavors and will read that link you put up for me Dave. Thanks for that. I've been in this thread off and on for quite some time now, that's why I posted here about my purchase, as I figured that any new info about those flavors that ya'll found since I was last here I would want to know about.

I'll check back with my findings (if you would like) and any questions I might have concerning those new flavors I just got.

Looks like my BullCity order is still Awaiting Fulfillment. Must be due to the Holidays.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I saw that mix with RY1 and Highway on the previous pages, and will try that out also. It looks interesting for sure.:thumbs:

I went to that link you put up for me Dave, Thank You again as I had not seen that one before. The comments on "Hangsen's Cigar" looks very interesting (I almost added that in with my order this time, but didn't). I don't usually go onto Reddit as I find that site confusing to navigate around in, so thanks for that link.

After 52 years of Tobacco use (Cigarettes, Pipe, Cigars, RedMan Chewing Tobacco), and now off of Tobacco for 2 years and 9 months, I am finally able to "start" tasting "some" of those more subtle notes that ya'll talk about all the time (I guess it just takes time to recuperate). I was beginning to think that I had about destroyed my ability to taste and smell completely.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I saw that mix with RY1 and Highway on the previous pages, and will try that out also. It looks interesting for sure.:thumbs:

I went to that link you put up for me Dave, Thank You again as I had not seen that one before. The comments on "Hangsen's Cigar" looks very interesting (I almost added that in with my order this time, but didn't). I don't usually go onto Reddit as I find that site confusing to navigate around in, so thanks for that link.

After 52 years of Tobacco use (Cigarettes, Pipe, Cigars, RedMan Chewing Tobacco), and now off of Tobacco for 2 years and 9 months, I am finally able to "start" tasting "some" of those more subtle notes that ya'll talk about all the time (I guess it just takes time to recuperate). I was beginning to think that I had about destroyed my ability to taste and smell completely.

I smoked for about the same number of years before discovering vaping. Had it not been for vaping I probably would have continued smoking. It's the act of smoking that had me hooked. Vaping supplies that and the nic and flavor. I started at 24mg and moved down to 3mg and still, vaping works for me even at that low nic level.

If you haven't already, subscribe to HIC's notes and download the PDF on his Flavourart observations and recommendations. It's worth a couple of bucks to get that. He just asks for a donation amount of your choice. I used Paypal.

HIC's Notes on FlavourArt Flavors

Last edited:
Reactions: 52anddone

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I started vaping RY1/Highway a few months ago after reading about it here. It's very good to me at 4% Highway, and 5% RY1. It's slightly sweet, and very smooth. For those looking for that harsh back of the throat hit, you might need to add something.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

To be honest, I found that Reddit link in a Google Search. It's one of the easiest ways to find multiple links on a particular ecig subject.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Looks like I had to get some more Hangsens. This time I got some:

Red USA mix HS
Pipe (French Pipe) HS
Gold & Silver HS
Elder Captain HS
RY3 HS
Cigar SC

With what I already bought that will be here Friday, I should have enough to keep me off the streets and out of trouble.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I got my order of Highway, Desert Ship, RY1, and A.P. today (a day early) and immediately set about making a 10ml test batch of Highway to see what that is all about.

80/20 PG
9mg/ml ECX Nic
1.75% FA Flask
4% Highway (then afterwards raise to 5% to test)

Shaken not stirred, and a hot water bath for about an hour so far.

The above is the exact recipe I use when making my Arabic HS (only in a much larger amount). After that I might tinker with adding .25% of AP to see what that is like also. Even further down the road I'll do that recipe with RY1/Highway that I read about also.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
JMO, tobaccos are fine for me the next day. The only thing I prefer aged are vanilla blends. I don't use tobacco absolute much, but that's another one that needs a bit of a steep. Hangsens though, sometimes I need it same day and it's been fine.

Okie Dokie then, that's good, as I couldn't wait and just had to dip into my Highway 4% mix and try it early this morning. Thank You Matt. My Highway 4% mix was good, but will try a 5% mix after I get this 10ml of 4% vaped, just to see if a stronger mix is more to my liking and even better. Then after I decide on either 4% or 5% of Highway, I'll try it with the RY1 added at either a 2%, 3%, or 4% solution to see how that works. Only until now (at 2 years and 9 months away from tobacco) would I have even thought of doing this, as my taster wasn't fully back enough for me to entertain this kind of taste testing and even enjoy it. My taste and smell had been D.O.A. for such a long time after quitting tobacco that it took me something like 2 ½ years before I could really start enjoying my Arabic-HS at higher levels. All this time I have been using Arabic as a TH enhancer only and at .5% strength, anything stronger and I wasn't noticing that much difference, then about a month ago I decided to try again to up my % of Arabic and was rewarded with more flavor which I hadn't been noticing before, and now I'm at this new phase which is blowing me away. It's good to have my taste and smell back again after so many years of almost nothing. This goes to food also, now I can taste it, and like it.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I started vaping RY1/Highway a few months ago after reading about it here. It's very good to me at 4% Highway, and 5% RY1. It's slightly sweet, and very smooth. For those looking for that harsh back of the throat hit, you might need to add something.

That would be me, but I'll tinker with it. Thanks opl. :thumb:

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
So I just got my first hangsen flavor.

Hangsen Watermelon. Is there any alcohol in this flavor? Would it pair well with any of the following... TFA Watermelon, TFA Watermelon Candy, TFA Mango, TFA Cantaloupe, TFA Honeydew, FW Hard Candy?

I already have a watermelon recipe I really love that mainly consists of TFA Watermelon and TFA Watermelon Candy but yeah most importantly I need to know if this flavor has any sort of alcohol and what it could potentially pair well with would be nice to know as well.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Just FYI. A couple other Hangsens that have been popular over time include Magic Mix, Desert Ship and Indian. I also enjoy PE, DE, Parmal, Delux, and Congress. More details on any of these should be available with site search. Enjoy!

Magic mix!? Now that's my jam. To me it tastes like a better version of tobacco absolute that doesn't have the film that develops in your mouth (from the TA). Also, if I were to guess, there might be a small amount of guiacol in MM so you don't have to mess around with it too much, great stand alone flavor, in fact one of my favorites. Vaping it right now @ 4%.

LoveVanilla - What is your favorite vanilla?

52 -How is that Gold and Silver? It's one I've been eyeballing for some time now.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Straight up preferences would be FA vanillas with maybe Vanilla Classic as favorite. Backed off others early due taste/hints to diacetyl; confident not the case for FA. Hangsen Vanilla Pipe is suspect to me. However, this was only Hangsen tobacco out of forty to fifty where noted.

Great idea Mattdogg; haven't had a vanilla tobacco mix in a long time. Indeed might mix both vanilla and hazelnut tobaccos.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
52 -How is that Gold and Silver? It's one I've been eyeballing for some time now.

I'll let you know when I get it, supposedly Monday (that's what USPS tracking says anyway).

So far I like Highway at 4% but it seems a little thin in flavor, so will up that to 5% and see what happens. If I like 5% of Highway on it's own, then I will add some RY1 to it and compare. I take it that RY1 will add some sweetness ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Mattdogg

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Straight up preferences would be FA vanillas with maybe Vanilla Classic as favorite. Backed off others early due taste/hints to diacetyl; confident not the case for FA. Hangsen Vanilla Pipe is suspect to me. However, this was only Hangsen tobacco out of forty to fifty where noted.

Great idea Mattdogg; haven't had a vanilla tobacco mix in a long time. Indeed might mix both vanilla and hazelnut tobaccos.
I like FA Classic Vanilla another great choice would be Inawera Shisha Vanilla

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'll let you know when I get it, supposedly Monday (that's what USPS tracking says anyway).

So far I like Highway at 4% but it seems a little thin in flavor, so will up that to 5% and see what happens. If I like 5% of Highway on it's own, then I will add some RY1 to it and compare. I take it that RY1 will add some sweetness ??

Hangsen RY1 is a straight up tobacco taste with very little sweetness and will add a bit of harshness. I think what your after for a bit more sweetness is RY4. Another thought is if your looking for that bit of sweetness and some added body and fullness with a bit of a smoothing effect try Inawera chocolate at 1%. It adds that slight touch of sweetness and a nice fullness/thickness. It's a nice accent to complement any tobacco without overpowering that tobacco goodness.
Chocolate-INW

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread