The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

528 Custom Vapes Driptech DS squonker

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by inswva, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. latexyankee

latexyankee Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    going to try this now Tralfaz

• Like Like x 1
  2. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    i have the clone Drip Tech DS with the same intermittent button problems but see no real tweaks like i had hoped for , i diss assembled , retightened , squirted with Deoxit gold and still miss fires with every finger but my right thumb is the only slight form of consistent fire action i can get but I'm not happy with that, anyway I'm posting to keep this thread alive looking for a miracle fix, bend , replacement whatever to solve the button issue most of us have at some time :vapor:

3. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Hi guy, i having both DS (ori n clone), ori have no issue with firing but my clone seem like give me some headache on it ..........

Btw FYI, clone and ori does different in size, clone is few MM taller, fire button small and internal is different too ...... part can't be exchange (i think bottle system is useable) ....

4. Hitcat44

Hitcat44 mere Pawn in Game of Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 9, 2015
    Ft. Vape-WKY
    No firing/firing Button issues with auth DS here.

But on another subject,,,, does anyone have 1st-hand experience and can confirm if the Squonk-Bottle Cavity screw-Cap from a Clone will fit an Authentic?
    Ya see, like an Idiot, I was filling the Bottle in mine in the Jeep (while Wife was driving of course) and the Cap was sitting on my lap and vanished into thin air not to be found.... Sock-Monster must have branched out into the Vape Gear Parts Bidnez and was lurking under the Passenger Seat.
    I sent a message to 528 Customs Contact Us email and hope they will respond and can sell a poor Doofus one or 2 of them but covering bases just in case.
    Worst case scenario guess I can "booger-up" a rubber Plug that will suffice.

5. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    I have since fixed my button and am very happy with the performance of this clone device:vapor:

6. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018
    btw how u fix that button (clone) i try dismantle everything n try most combination but still no luck compare with ori version .....
    thanks

7. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018
    nope is different in thread, ori have much less thread than clone but both button same size ....... btw bottom plate (or door that hold bottle n battery) is different in size, clone is 1-2 mm bigger ....

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    I had the screw loose inside below the button, thought it was a floating contact, tightened it and it was fixed:vapor:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hitcat44

Supporting member
    Jun 9, 2015
    Ft. Vape-WKY
    Thnx for the response & Intel SonnyCool :thumb:
    Then will hopefully wait for a reply from 528 and ask the Wife to put a better set of eyes in the Wrangler searching for the wayward OEM Cap.

10. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018
    having a little nightmare with my ori 528, it look like button can get loss easily and cause constant firing ..... lucky i at home and quickly disable battery screw .....

11. Hitcat44

Supporting member
    Jun 9, 2015
    Ft. Vape-WKY
    Follow-up;
    Well, the Wife found the Cap under the carpet under Pass. Seat so back in bidnez.
    528customs did indeed answer my email promptly (IMO) Monday morning. They did confirm that the DS & TS are done & not going to be produced anymore. Was told the Driptechs were never intended or made to be anything but a limited Edit. and Run Device that has "run its course" and now onto new and better things to come. They did tell me to watch their FB Page for new Developments coming to Market in that regard....

As for the Squonk-Bottle screw-in Body Cap, they said Device Owners can still order these and other Replacement Parts for the DS & TS through them by sending an email to info@528custom.com
    To be safe and since they were only $5 each, I ordered 2 Bottle Caps and 2 Batt Caps. Paid to them via Paypal. They were shipped the next day.
    Kudos to 528customs & their CSR for their prompt, courteous and professional responses, info, and exemplary Service :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. latexyankee

Nov 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I hqve an authentic TS and out of nowhere its started leaking in the bottle chamber. Not sure how to dial it down. it leaks with different attys different torque on the cap, i cant figure it out, orings look good. Any tips?

13. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    It's more likely to be the bottle

14. latexyankee

Nov 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nah both bottles both pins. Although i will try some replacements. Anyone know where to get the correct size?

15. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    My clone DS leaked at the tube, i took the top plate off, wrapped the tip of the metal tube with Teflon Tape, inserted tube into correct tube hole creating one piece unit of plate, switch, bottle, installed and noleaks, i should add this is only a fix for any length time if you use a top side re-fil bottle @latexyankee

16. latexyankee

Nov 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yea something isnt right. I have a feeling its coming from the tube that goes inside the bottle. the think orange o-ring in the switch assembly is intact. I just cant figure out what exactly is causing the problem and why it started suddenly.

17. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018
    following .... i need extra bottle but not willing to pay 20 for 5

18. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018
    My squonk set, few week ago, i have 4squonk set and i think is about time to sell some off, two week later i success to sold two set off ....... But i have 7 kit now + acc .........
    Need to quit this forum. Lucky none of it is crazy expensive ...
    20180212_222646.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ben Davison

Ben Davison New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Hi! So i got the 3fvape DS clone the problem with mine was the contact pin was overheating melting the threads in the button maybe as a result of the pin beeing to loose but it persisted event though i had the button perfectly tuned ending in me breaking it after trying a host of different solutions to fix it.
    I contacted 3fvape and they wanted me to make a video and upload it to youtube so they could see.
    Im not going to do that and i wonder if they would just make me chase my tail around there system until i gave up anyway. i dont know. Anyway im thinking of making my own button for it now since i love the mod it just never really worked for more then a day.

20. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    I've done the video thing with good results , and not much more correspondence necessary after that, but in your case, your right, making the piece yourself may be quicker/easier? @Ben Davison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.