Status
Not open for further replies.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
i have the clone Drip Tech DS with the same intermittent button problems but see no real tweaks like i had hoped for , i diss assembled , retightened , squirted with Deoxit gold and still miss fires with every finger but my right thumb is the only slight form of consistent fire action i can get but I'm not happy with that, anyway I'm posting to keep this thread alive looking for a miracle fix, bend , replacement whatever to solve the button issue most of us have at some time :vapor:

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
No firing/firing Button issues with auth DS here.

But on another subject,,,, does anyone have 1st-hand experience and can confirm if the Squonk-Bottle Cavity screw-Cap from a Clone will fit an Authentic?
Ya see, like an Idiot, I was filling the Bottle in mine in the Jeep (while Wife was driving of course) and the Cap was sitting on my lap and vanished into thin air not to be found.... Sock-Monster must have branched out into the vape Gear Parts Bidnez and was lurking under the Passenger Seat.
I sent a message to 528 Customs Contact Us email and hope they will respond and can sell a poor Doofus one or 2 of them but covering bases just in case.
Worst case scenario guess I can "booger-up" a rubber Plug that will suffice.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
i have the clone Drip Tech DS with the same intermittent button problems but see no real tweaks like i had hoped for , i diss assembled , retightened , squirted with Deoxit gold and still miss fires with every finger but my right thumb is the only slight form of consistent fire action i can get but I'm not happy with that, anyway I'm posting to keep this thread alive looking for a miracle fix, bend , replacement whatever to solve the button issue most of us have at some time :vapor:

I have since fixed my button and am very happy with the performance of this clone device:vapor:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
No firing/firing Button issues with auth DS here.

But on another subject,,,, does anyone have 1st-hand experience and can confirm if the Squonk-Bottle Cavity screw-Cap from a Clone will fit an Authentic?
Ya see, like an Idiot, I was filling the Bottle in mine in the Jeep (while Wife was driving of course) and the Cap was sitting on my lap and vanished into thin air not to be found.... Sock-Monster must have branched out into the Vape Gear Parts Bidnez and was lurking under the Passenger Seat.
I sent a message to 528 Customs Contact Us email and hope they will respond and can sell a poor Doofus one or 2 of them but covering bases just in case.
Worst case scenario guess I can "booger-up" a rubber Plug that will suffice.
nope is different in thread, ori have much less thread than clone but both button same size ....... btw bottom plate (or door that hold bottle n battery) is different in size, clone is 1-2 mm bigger ....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hitcat44

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
btw how u fix that button (clone) i try dismantle everything n try most combination but still no luck compare with ori version .....
thanks
I had the screw loose inside below the button, thought it was a floating contact, tightened it and it was fixed:vapor:

Reactions: SonnyCooL

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Follow-up;
Well, the Wife found the Cap under the carpet under Pass. Seat so back in bidnez.
528customs did indeed answer my email promptly (IMO) Monday morning. They did confirm that the DS & TS are done & not going to be produced anymore. Was told the Driptechs were never intended or made to be anything but a limited Edit. and Run Device that has "run its course" and now onto new and better things to come. They did tell me to watch their FB Page for new Developments coming to Market in that regard....

As for the Squonk-Bottle screw-in Body Cap, they said Device Owners can still order these and other Replacement Parts for the DS & TS through them by sending an email to info@528custom.com
To be safe and since they were only $5 each, I ordered 2 Bottle Caps and 2 Batt Caps. Paid to them via Paypal. They were shipped the next day.
Kudos to 528customs & their CSR for their prompt, courteous and professional responses, info, and exemplary Service :thumbs:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I hqve an authentic TS and out of nowhere its started leaking in the bottle chamber. Not sure how to dial it down. it leaks with different attys different torque on the cap, i cant figure it out, orings look good. Any tips?
It's more likely to be the bottle

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
My clone DS leaked at the tube, i took the top plate off, wrapped the tip of the metal tube with Teflon Tape, inserted tube into correct tube hole creating one piece unit of plate, switch, bottle, installed and noleaks, i should add this is only a fix for any length time if you use a top side re-fil bottle @latexyankee

Last edited:

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
My clone DS leaked at the tube, i took the top plate off, wrapped the tip of the metal tube with Teflon Tape, inserted tube into correct tube hole creating one piece unit of plate, switch, bottle, installed and noleaks, i should add this is only a fix for any length time if you use a top side re-fil bottle @latexyankee

Yea something isnt right. I have a feeling its coming from the tube that goes inside the bottle. the think orange o-ring in the switch assembly is intact. I just cant figure out what exactly is causing the problem and why it started suddenly.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
My squonk set, few week ago, i have 4squonk set and i think is about time to sell some off, two week later i success to sold two set off ....... But i have 7 kit now + acc .........
Need to quit this forum. Lucky none of it is crazy expensive ...
20180212_222646.jpg

Ben Davison

Feb 16, 2018
Hi! So i got the 3fvape DS clone the problem with mine was the contact pin was overheating melting the threads in the button maybe as a result of the pin beeing to loose but it persisted event though i had the button perfectly tuned ending in me breaking it after trying a host of different solutions to fix it.
I contacted 3fvape and they wanted me to make a video and upload it to youtube so they could see.
Im not going to do that and i wonder if they would just make me chase my tail around there system until i gave up anyway. i dont know. Anyway im thinking of making my own button for it now since i love the mod it just never really worked for more then a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread