528 Custom Vapes Driptech DS squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    The 528 are already on 3fvape and so are a few other new releases.
    Geekvape Gbox is back out,plus a few others.
    Gbox was preorder but 528 was in stock but only the 2 cell.
    I like 528 better than coppervape because the deck will stay well connected from screws versus magnets.
    Even if surface is oily or dirty the screws should be make a much more solid connection.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    I just saw on instagram that 528 custom will no longer be making the DS or TS. No reason was given. Follow this link and see in the comments..

You are correct, no more 528 DripTech's. They changed their tune stringing me along from more of them being back in stock within weeks to calling them a (one time) limited run now. IMO because the DT-TS has been cloned already (although they won't admit that is the reason). The clones are not 1:1, they look like pure junk to me. I let them know my thoughts on their not making anymore DT's for their loyal 528 customers who like me would never buy any of those clones. As fast as they sold out that run, another run or two would have been easy enough to sell even at their 5X the price of the clones cost. I would have bought at least 2 or 3 more.

So, instead I have 2 more Goons coming from another source to go with the 6 I already have. They most likely will be my last purchases of 528 gear.

• Creative
    Reactions: Dan_nj

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    You are correct, no more 528 DripTech's. They changed their tune stringing me along from more of them being back in stock within weeks to calling them a (one time) limited run now. IMO because the DT-TS has been cloned already (although they won't admit that is the reason). The clones are not 1:1, they look like pure junk to me. I let them know my thoughts on their not making anymore DT's for their loyal 528 customers who like me would never buy any of those clones. As fast as they sold out that run, another run or two would have been easy enough to sell even at their 5X the price of the clones cost. I would have bought at least 2 or 3 more.

So, instead I have 2 more Goons coming from another source to go with the 6 I already have. They most likely will be my last purchases of 528 gear.

I heard they didn't fully pay for first run of mods so still owe money to china who made them , hence why they then sold on plans to clones [emoji23]

A shambles of a company that tries to destroy autherised sellers of goons by claiming they where selling clones , when had all paper work provided by 528 but still called them clones sellers ,
    528 started from buying clones drilling them out an selling on at nearly 3 times what they paid , your loyalty to a shill of a company

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
    Jan 6, 2016
    Hey I think what 528 customs did to eightvape is deplorable and after some of the other stuff I have seen them stick there nose in to I really do not like them as a company. These driptech mods though (authentics) are freaking amazing. They are well built quality mechs and the only thing even close on the market are Custom Classics that I cannot come close to affording. I have a DS that I paid p
    Full price for and I picked up 2 TS's at %40 off. Greg Stephens seems like a really awesome guy and I don't mind supporting him at all and .... 528 however I'm not going to limit myself from using an amazing product because they are greedy asshats.

Still as an avid squonker who loves mechs not getting these would have been stupid. My only issue right now is that I wish I could score some contacts and hardware spares so I can maintain them over the long haul !!!!!

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I'm at my wits end with this thing, it just won't fire consistantly. I can tear it down and may work for 3 hours or 5 minutes but it will start to fail 90% of the time. Sometimes it takes EXTREME force for the button to make contact so the mod will fire. Other times it will not fire at all.
    Sometimes I can pick it up after it's been sitting for days and it will fire on first attempt but nothing more.

Somehow the screw is not making direct contact. Has anyone figured how to fix this to be consistent? Will 528 refund/repair? It's absolute junk to me atm.

CrazyChef

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 9, 2015
    Worcester, MA USA
    Yea it stays the same orientation. There were times it moved and I thought I had it figured out but nope.
    Yeah, I thought mine stayed the same too. I had to completely disassemble the mod and put it back together making sure everything was tight. Haven't had a problem since then.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2012
    Orbit City
    Glad I found this thread. Mine just started misfiring yesterday after a couple of months of daily use. I adjusted the firing button screw and it's all good. The company may be run by jackassess but this mod is still great. Since they're not making them anymore, I'll probably snag a clone TS at some point to go with my legit DS. I sure would have liked a series version, though. Maybe a clone DS series conversion? Hmm.

Reactions: CrazyChef

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
    Apr 5, 2016
    How is the clone? Haven't seen much on it.
    3f vape have got a better looking clone on their site... Looks more 1:1 than the the previous one which hasn't had very good reviews... Bad threads... Dodgy switch.. Terrible 510 that breaks easily... Was on an Australian squonker forum that I found the info...

Last edited:

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    How is the clone? Haven't seen much on it.
    I got the clone from 3Fvape. I was a bit concerned about it after reading about problems people were having, but got lucky with mine. For the $20 bucks it cost (had a coupon) it’s not bad at all.

This is the one I got: Driptech-DS Goon Box Style Green Aluminum 8ml Squonk Mod

3F now has some from a different vendor for a couple bucks less.

It’s not a 1:1 clone, especially with regards to the bottle. It has a silicone bottle (usable capacity of about 5.5ml) with a SS stem that fits into the 510. It can be fiddly to get it seated when full since pushing the bottle into the mod to seat it will cause juice to come out of the stem. Once seated it has not leaked at all. I use a filler bottle for refills to avoid having to deal with seating the stem.

You only get one bottle. I ordered a spare for $2. It’s the same bottle, but it does not come with the SS stem but rather just a conventional tube.

Decent machining on the case with the exception of the bottom edge. One side was a bit sharp and I needed to round it over a small amount with a file to make it more comfortable to hold. Threading on the battery caps and bottle cap are very fine but have not been a problem. I put a touch of Ox-guard on the threads to keep them smooth. The bottom plate slides in/out smoothly and the magnets hold it well.

Zero problems with misfiring. The button has a longer and softer throw than I would prefer, but has fired every time. It's pretty easy to take apart for cleaning the contacts.

No problems so far with the 510 staying put but, since it’s press-fitted, I’ve tried to be gentle with it (e.g., not pulling off the atty cap when it’s on the 510). However, the 510 is not adjustable. Atty’s with long 510's will have a gap; ones with short 510's will not make a connection.

I’ve been using it for about a week. Performance has been very good. Love having a dual battery setup.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2012
    Orbit City
    I posted previously that I was having some firing issues with my legit DS and had adjusted the screw under the button to get it firing right. Turns out that worked for a while, then it started misfiring again. I've been reluctant to really crank down the bottom contacts for fear of denting or damaging my batteries, so I tried tightening the contact on the battery under the firing switch an extra half turn or so to the point where it felt like the cap might strip. I haven't had any issues since then and the thing hits like a truck with fresh batteries.

Could it really have been that simple?

Reactions: CrazyChef

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Apalachicola, FL, United States
    I posted previously that I was having some firing issues with my legit DS and had adjusted the screw under the button to get it firing right. Turns out that worked for a while, then it started misfiring again. I've been reluctant to really crank down the bottom contacts for fear of denting or damaging my batteries, so I tried tightening the contact on the battery under the firing switch an extra half turn or so to the point where it felt like the cap might strip. I haven't had any issues since then and the thing hits like a truck with fresh batteries.

Could it really have been that simple?

I can’t speak to your situation, but with my TS, snug does the job quite sufficiently. Id try a good cleaning of your contact points and a reassembly of the firing circuit paying very careful attention to the alignment of the battery contact plate and switch contact.

Reactions: Tralfaz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread