add to my knowledge please.. direct inhaling..

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
so we are coming to some conclusions...

amercan... younger generation.. week cigs or alternative chemicals..

plus people who have wimp e cigs and are trying to get something out of them..

older buggers who learned on real strong old fashioned tobacco have never heard of the method... he he.. like me..

UK pot smokers still dont direct inhale.. at least i have never met one that does..

of course the other thing is a modern young smoker never had a dad to teach em how to do it properly.. he he

teach yourself on the quite.. perhaps

trog

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Not just old, Trog. Also smokers of cheaper stuff would never try direct inhale, because it was too harsh.

It suprised me, too, but then I realised I never thought much about how other people smoke. Trying to remem,ber now, I think the direct inhale ones might be those who held the analog between thumb and forefinger and placed it in the exact center of their lips - you know what I mean, I hope.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
When I was reading this thread from the very begining, I was thinking the exact same thing as Dstruct. When I was into my "ciricular acitivies" Direct inhale was always the best option for poor quality. I try once in a while with cigs and e-cigs but its next to impossible to get a fix on a taste, but you do get alot more vapor. Just like drinking, how people can open their throats and just let it poor straight down. Lol Now that is definitley an american thing.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
Not so fast! Lol

When smoking "alternative chemicals".. People usually direct inhale..

But...

Direct inhaling never really carries over to smoking real cigarettes!
or so i hear.....

That's why I included the statement "before they started really smoking cigarettes".

If you learn one way, you'll probably keep doing that, regardless of the medium.

And I doubt very seriously you're going to have a teenage smoker turn to his other friends and go "now how am I supposed to smoke these?"

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Trog , I try as hard as I can to direct inhale with the screwdriver,I can't. All I do is cough. I can do it somewhat with the pens.

all this is very relevant stuff... i think i know what u mean frankie..he he..

but the fact a sizable bunch of people use a totally different method of smoking explains a lot of misunderstandings..

it also explain why so much importance is attached to a very light draw for some.. why some people have different problems than others..

i know i cant do the direct draw thing... its just to much like hard work and it does make me cough and it seems very harsh and unnatural to me..

and i am still amazed that so many people use the method direct inhale method..

but at least i now know quite few do use this method..

trog

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Last edited:

K.P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
United Kingdom
I can direct-inhale if I want to...but part of the enjoyment of smoking for me (normally or with an electric) is blowing out clouds of thick smoke from the mouth instead of the thinner mist that comes out of the lungs. Before I got the 901, when I was rolling my own, 25-30% of the time I'd just be puffing it like a cigar/pipe (not actually inhaling much at all).

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Another variation I forgot all about.
My grandmother was a closet smoker.
No one, outside the immediate family, ever saw her smoke.
She smoked heavily at home for over 65 years, and never inhaled.

thats is what some folks do with a pipe or cigar.. too much in one go if all inhaled i would think being the main reason..

trog

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
If I'm remembering correctly, Leaford is the reviewer that only ever direct inhaled.
(If I'm wrong Leaford, my apologies.) I remember thinking how difficult that would be to learn to smoke that way... and why?
THAT'S dedication! :shock:
That is correct, and maybe it's because I smoked other substances first before trying tobacco. :cool: Or maybe it's because I learned to smoke on my own, not from friends or role models. :cry:

I knew cigars and pipes were smoked by drawing into the mouth, without inhaling at all. I had done both on occasion. But it never even occured to me to just draw cigarette smoke into my mouth, since I was going to inhale the smoke anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread