Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I tried 15W~19W, and it was tastless and so I tried to make it higher, finally I get it at 22W. I tried 15W~19W on salt, it taste better but too much TH for me.
Could it be my mod, I wonder. Thanks for the advice.

Regarding vandyvape mtl wire, should I use ni80 or ka1?
It simply sounds a bad combo of watts for the build paired with sweet quite high VG e-liquid. I agree with a past comment 0.89ohm in Ammit 15W max, i do lower builds than would be the norm in MTL RTA's but i would be doing 22W with a 0.5 - 0.6ohm build. If you are struggling for flavour at lower wattage close the airflow down, if you find that just doesn't give the sought of airflow you like maybe you would be more suited to going down the DL route and getting an RTA like the Elevate or single coil Zeus (both with leak resistant top-airflow like the Ammit). P.S it's not a mod issue.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Greetings, I just joined this forum which is my first time joining a forum.

I just bought a rainbow ammit mtl rta 2 weeks ago and berserker 1.5 mini a week ago.
When using ammit, both cotton and the wire gets dirty in a half day usage, so I have to change the cotton and clean the wire daily.

I am using Geekvape MTL KA1 Clapton wire on 0.89 ohm 22W.

Anyone having the same problem?
Changing coil everyday is good practice but unacceptable; its easier to roll a cigarette than recoil.
Some sweeter juices burn faster and gunk up the coil... the other factor is heat it can burn the coil in the middle and you can see the charring on each end of the coil.
Try to find the most optimal medium of heat from the lower end. After a day or more of vaping the vape will gradually diminish so you incrementally increase the heat until its time to change out the wick and/or coil both. But that way you are regulating the damage to the wick to get the most out of it.

I use Temp control so I learned to control both temp and watts. Its a much better way to regulate and have knowledge of how much heat and power is kosher.

In my experience 400 degrees up to 470 degrees is acceptable within up to a week or more ending up at the higher temp. Power goes from low watts up to about 20 max for me.

Reactions: YHX72

YHX72

Jun 7, 2019
Jakarta, Indonesia
i love ni80, kanthal only for mechs and RDA's seldom, lol

well, i love this ammit mtl rta for salt, i only use frebase liquids for DTL, 03mg max, and salt nic for pods and mtl,

used a bit 06mg frebase nic for a while, no puch, no TH nothing, stood on salt nic,

currently using SS316 mtl wire, tricore claptons, faster ramp up, decent flava, amazing longevity, the problem is the vct and don juan reserve i mostly use, love'em,

about the salt you used, remember strengh or nic level? there are several levels in market!

Regards,

2 years back, I went into a vaping shop. They threw me a Sirius 200W mod and Govad RTA with a very sweet 3mg liquid. They didn't teach me about wire, cotton, nothing and I don't like vaping. At that time, I try vaping to quit smoking but failed. So, I quited vape and I didn't use it again until last month.

Day 1, bought upods (juul clone). Nice little thing. After more than 3 puffs, leak up.
Day 2, bought breeze 2. This is much better! There's 1 small problem, taste and battery.
Day 3, bought another breeze 2 to make up the battery problem LOL yet saw better pod from the net.
Day 4, bought Geekvape flint kit. This is the best but still, battery problem.
After enjoying so many pod systems, I decided to try asmodus .blank and I can't take it. I don't know what's the problem. Coughing and coughing. I don't know MTL yet at that time ROFL.
Day 8, bought Ammit. I don't think it can beat flint kit or rather I don't know how to do it.
Day 10, bought BSKR 1.5 mini. I like this one very much for better taste. What I don't like, it's hot after 2-3 chain puffs. A small 22mm.

With the pods and RTA, I bought too many salts liquid that i can only take with pods. The TH is too strong for me if I use it in rta. Like I said, just started / beginner XD

Cheers

YHX72

Jun 7, 2019
Jakarta, Indonesia
It simply sounds a bad combo of watts for the build paired with sweet quite high VG e-liquid. I agree with a past comment 0.89ohm in Ammit 15W max, i do lower builds than would be the norm in MTL RTA's but i would be doing 22W with a 0.5 - 0.6ohm build. If you are struggling for flavour at lower wattage close the airflow down, if you find that just doesn't give the sought of airflow you like maybe you would be more suited to going down the DL route and getting an RTA like the Elevate or single coil Zeus (both with leak resistant top-airflow like the Ammit). P.S it's not a mod issue.

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply.
Can these MTL RTA beat or be a par with pods system?
When I use 15W, I get a little stale and lots of smoke. Didn't know what to do, so I lifted the powed up, guess that's not a good thing to do?

: so happy to know that my mod has nothing to do with this

Last edited:

YHX72

Jun 7, 2019
Jakarta, Indonesia
Changing coil everyday is good practice but unacceptable; its easier to roll a cigarette than recoil.
Some sweeter juices burn faster and gunk up the coil... the other factor is heat it can burn the coil in the middle and you can see the charring on each end of the coil.
Try to find the most optimal medium of heat from the lower end. After a day or more of vaping the vape will gradually diminish so you incrementally increase the heat until its time to change out the wick and/or coil both. But that way you are regulating the damage to the wick to get the most out of it.

I use Temp control so I learned to control both temp and watts. Its a much better way to regulate and have knowledge of how much heat and power is kosher.

In my experience 400 degrees up to 470 degrees is acceptable within up to a week or more ending up at the higher temp. Power goes from low watts up to about 20 max for me.

Hello ukeman, thanks for the reply.
I did quite the same thing to BSKR 1.5, but the coil and cotton are great!
I don't know how long it will last, this is the fifth day, everything's good.
Cotton still clean. I am curious why that happened.

Mod, I am using power mode, the only mode I know LOL
Inside setting, there is TCR, do I have to adjust that?

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi Tim, thanks for the reply.
Can these MTL RTA beat or be a par with pods system?
When I use 15W, I get a little stale and lots of smoke. Didn't know what to do, so I lifted the powed up, guess that's not a good thing to do?
You should be getting superior flavour with an RTA over a pod device although i must admit some pod systems are giving really good flavour now. It may be loads of things causing the lack of flavour. Position of the coil makes a lot of difference you can have an RTA or RDA that gives the best flavour in the world but if you position the coil wrong then it can give a muted vape, try watching some youtube videos of the Ammit having a build.

Reactions: YHX72

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
You should be getting superior flavour with an RTA over a pod device although i must admit some pod systems are giving really good flavour now. It may be loads of things causing the lack of flavour. Position of the coil makes a lot of difference you can have an RTA or RDA that gives the best flavour in the world but if you position the coil wrong then it can give a muted vape, try watching some youtube videos of the Ammit having a build.
Do you get quite a dry vape? you might be suffocating the wicking channels with cotton so it's struggling to wick that would cause the cotton to brown if it's not properly saturated with e-liquid

YHX72

Jun 7, 2019
Jakarta, Indonesia

That is what I'd hope, RTA/RDA better than pod system but I couldn't get it.
I did watched a few youtube.
Vic, Djlsb, Mike & a few others, follow what should be done but still the taste.
Maybe, I still did something wrong

Last edited:

YHX72

Jun 7, 2019
Jakarta, Indonesia
Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I am using Cotton Bacon. Is this cotton so bad?
Sorry, never heard Rayon before.

Just watched youtube, hopefully I can get it in my country to try it.
Nothing wrong with cotton bacon, for some people rayon is a better wicking material.

You may need to play around with your wicking technique either way.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I mostly follows some reviewer's wicking.
It is harder than it looks, I suppose.
I use simple round wire mostly, 28gs SS316L and KA1.
My builds with either wire are spaced 4 to 5 winds. I like a cool vape. Some flavours dont translate well at lower temps and others are crisp and spot on.
Occasionally I will use a .3 clapton or whatever coil, or lower, crank up the watts and am surprised at how different a juice can taste between two same rta's with very different builds.
Ive moved from MTL and the Ammit MTL to DL setups but I still use very similar coils but slightly different wicking in some cases. There is a difference in taste between MTL and DL. I think some flavours are better DL and some are better MTL, for me.
I could never build a coil and get a vape that was cool enough but with satisfactory throat hit and vapour with mtl, didnt matter what wire I used.
So I DL at 14-20w using .6 to .9ohm coils, and when I do MTL on a berseker or ammit mtl its the same coils but at 9-11w.
Right now Im using a butterscotch that seems to be destroying cotton and coils daily along with an unflavoured juice that can use the same coil and cotton for weeks on end with no real signs of taste drop off or weirdness.

Not sure how any of that is helpful to you tbh but it keeps the thread bumped for others to see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread