Anyone else shy about e-smoking in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Can't figure out why people would hide it unless you're doing it in a place where you know it's not approved of (eg. movie theater). I agree with Superstargoddess. If you hide it, it'll look bad.

At the movies isn't quite as bad since it's super dark in there and nobody is going to be looking at you anyway, but somewhere that it is more obvious is one of those things were it's like "Hey, what is that guy smoking? He's trying to hide it pretty badly, I bet it's crack/weed/etc".

mbolack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2009
Tulsa
I still go outside. One of the reasons I could never quit the analogs is that I actually like having an excuse to step away for a few minutes. I'm not anti social I just need an occasional change of scenery.

Now I have something interesting to talk with the other smokers about.

Yeah, there is something special about the camaraderie of the smoke hole! I am going to a trade show at the end of Sept, and fully intend to visit the smoke hole just like I always have. That's where the interesting people are! And I'm betting I give away all of my big stash of vendor cards!

elpee

Aug 18, 2009
Iowa
i just smoke mine whenever i want to. i would agree with some of the earlier posts, if you try and hide and look guilty people well wonder what the hell you are doing. i vape on a 510 with a manuel battery so it doesn't really look like a cig and it has a bright blue light... hard to mistake for a cig. i have had a couple of people look at me funny and then just go on with there day. i also life in des moines so i gaurantee you they have no idea what it is i have. unless that is they recently saw the smoke anywhere kiosk at the mall...

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
At the movies isn't quite as bad since it's super dark in there and nobody is going to be looking at you anyway, but somewhere that it is more obvious is one of those things were it's like "Hey, what is that guy smoking? He's trying to hide it pretty badly, I bet it's crack/weed/etc".

Well at a movie, I only hide the LED and either hold in the vapor or blow it into my shirt, merely out of courtesy so as not to disturb others' viewing of the movie. I don't try to hide what I'm doing. Other than that, I usually have it held between my teeth all day so I don't lose it. I use it whenever/wherever, though I usually try to refrain in places that have always been non-smoking.

Mr.B

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I have developed the habit of walking around with my personal vaping device in my mouth. I went into Hollywood Video the other night and puffed as normal. I did get a look or two but I guess there was nobody with the guts to approach me. I am actually waiting for someone to challenge me just to see how I react under pressure LOL.

VAPE ON!

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
OMG I can't even imagine being shy about it. I try finding places where someone will come up to me and ask me about it LOL. I've made so many damn converts it's not even funny. Being in Asia where there really isn't a big community like ours I get a LOT of interest. There are a LOT more smokers over here and there's isn't quite the stigma associated with smoking (think America 1950's).

Yeah, people are starting to change to a more modern western thought process about smoking and are looking for healthier alternatives... no one wants to quit. *snicker* That's how I nab them! Bam! e-cig convert!

I'm also a forum junkie and stay abreast of the new info so I'm well armed to shelve any questions and concerns.

I'm just worried I'm going to start trading blows when I head back to the states on vacation. From my experiences here in S. Korea, Japan, Thailand, etc. people generally leave you to your own business and if it just "has to be addressed" they at least try to come up and talk about it intelligently, in which case we have a conversation and they walk away happy that I'm vaping.

However, I was born and raised in the U.S. and I know someone is going to try an assert their dominance over my habit because they are misinformed and belligerent... in which case they'll find that I have no qualms with being a much more belligerent donkey-headed ...... then they ever could have imagined.... yeah and I'm not above trading blows. Some people need to learn by osmosis and I don't mind helping the process with a few well placed licks. I don't respond well to ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread