Anyone else shy about e-smoking in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I don't vape at work, don't even bring them in. I work at a maximum security prison, where tobacco is not only banned, it's illegal. Even though this isn't tobacco, its definitely not something I would want the inmates to get ahold of. Many of them are stupid enough to try to drink the liquid to get their fix. As the unit physician, I sure don't want to have to deal w/ that medical emergency. The equipment would be a hazard too, as it could be used to start a fire, probably deliberately. Lighters and matches are banned too.

I take the long walk through all the locked gates and security checks and go out to the smoking area. I do get a lot of questions about it, which I'm glad to answer. So many, that I need to start the handing out of cards.

I've vaped a bit in nonsmoking establishments, which is any public place where I live. But I've been discrete and haven't had any confrontations. If asked to put it up, I would. It is the choice of the establishment whether or not to allow e-cigs, and creating a ruckus would only lead to banning of public vaping.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2009
    Acme Looniversity
    Hi, I am a new E Cigarette user. My daughter bought this cigarette for me on Ebay, and it has absolutely NO instructions. It does have a charger, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out! Can anyone help? The only thing that fits in the charger is the E cigarette itself, not the little battery. Is it broken? Please help. darlinggayle

The easiest way is to find out which one you have. It's probably listed on the Ebay order or orginal posting. Once you know which one you have pop over to YouTube and do a search for that model (dse901, joye510, whatever). Once you see people using it you'll get the idea. Also do a search on YouTube for "Tips Electronic Cigarettes". IGETCHA69 (aka Scott or IGETCHA) has two videos that are essential. They cover cleaning, dripping, refilling. I burned them to DVD just so my Mom could watch them.

--Prof Daffy
    P.S. No, seriously. They really are great videos.

fozzie

Aug 11, 2009
    I live in a tiny town where me and 3 other people are the only ones who own ecigs (no im not making this up i know all 3 of them) and im not shy about it at all. I dont do it while im at work because i work around food and im pretty sure the health inspectors would have a fit if they saw it. I vape in the movies and in restaurants and get some pretty crooked looks from people but they usually dont say anything and if they do they ask what it is. It gets a bit annoying sometimes to explain the details and most of the time its over some peoples heads (thats the ignorance of Louisiana for you)

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
    Jul 19, 2009
    Rockledge, FL
    Hi, I am a new E Cigarette user. My daughter bought this cigarette for me on Ebay, and it has absolutely NO instructions. It does have a charger, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out! Can anyone help? The only thing that fits in the charger is the E cigarette itself, not the little battery. Is it broken? Please help. darlinggayle

What model do you have? Can you tell from the instructions you (hopefully) got with it?

It sounds to me like you're confusing the e cig with the "little battery". I think what you think is the "little battery" is actually the atomizer. That doesn't get charged.

What gets placed in the charger is the battery, which is usually the longer part of the e cig once you unscrew it from the atomizer. There is also a cartridge that comes off the other end of the atomizer. This holds your nicotone juice.

It's really hard to tell what parts you have from your post. But try to unscrew the battery from the atomizer. That should fit into your charger easily - probably it will screw into the charger. When it's fully charged, there should be a little light somewhere on your charger that changes color - usually green when charged.

Once charged, you should be able to screw the charged battery back onto the atomizer/cartridge assembly and vape away.

If this doesn't work, send another post, and we'll try again. Good luck!

KevinD872

ECF Veteran
    I've only really vaped in public once, outside of a hotel. There was a guy smoking an analog on the other side of the entrance. He seemed to be giving me funny looks, but I just took 5 or 6 puffs and went back in.

To be honest, I feel a bit weird about it, only because a lot of people don't know about them.

A little off-topic, but I was on the phone with a hospital about a pre-surgery thing and when she asked if I smoked, I said that I had quit but that I am using an e-cig and therefore still getting nicotine (what she was really after). Her response was, "Oh, the patch?" I said no, it is basically a cigarette, just no smoke or nasty chemicals. She said, "That's exactly what I need. Something to hold in my hand and put in my mouth." I told her that in my opinion, e-cigs are the perfect answer for anyone wanting to quit smoking. I also told her that if she was interested, she had better hurry because the FDA wants to ban them. :)

SLDS181

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2009
    Western NJ
    The only person I feel funny vaping around is my mom.

Actually, I told my mom about mine today, having just got it yesterday - she was ecstatic! I never smoked around her, but I used my 510 to show it to her. She thought it was great, checked to see if there was a smell, and said "Wow, thats great! You can even use it inside!"

Actually, I told my mom about mine today, having just got it yesterday - she was ecstatic! I never smoked around her, but I used my 510 to show it to her. She thought it was great, checked to see if there was a smell, and said "Wow, thats great! You can even use it inside!"

She was just being nice. I showed her mine last week.

- -
    Okay,
    Father Luke

truthseeker

ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SLDS181

She was just being nice. I showed her mine last week.

- -
    Okay,
    Father Luke

Cute and funny exchange there Father:D. Enough innuendos there to make the smart ones laugh. Great website by the way, I especially love the "karma" one when she did it "over and over" just like it was done to her.:thumbs:

On a side note:
    Fearless Prediction...

Superstargoddess
    Senior Member(Admin in the Making)

Don't forget us ordinary folks when you become an admin ok?:w00t:

Have a great day!;)

I especially love the "karma" one when she did it "over and over" just like it was done to her.:thumbs:

sign0201.gif

- -
    Okay,
    Father Luke

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2009
    Ohio
    On a side note:
    Fearless Prediction...

Superstargoddess
    Senior Member(Admin in the Making)

Don't forget us ordinary folks when you become an admin ok?:w00t:

Have a great day!;)

Haha, thank you! I wouldn't mind helping out around here actually. I was once a mod on a very popular fan forum website for a very popular tv show years ago. Also have been a mod for a very popular chat room. :)

I'm new to this whole community and whole e-cig thing, but I like to participate in the deep conversations and help other people out (especially the other new people) when I can. I just noticed a couple of days ago how many posts I had made and couldn't believe it myself. I'd actually like to start making videos from a noobie point a view as soon as I am able to get a webcam.

As for the convo about someone telling their mother, I told my grandmother about the e-cig and her first reaction was "I don't know about that stuff that's made in China, that stuff is always bad and dangerous." To which I replied "I bet that if you pick everything up in this house and look at it, 90% of it was made in China." ;)

catlvr

ECF Veteran
    Jun 24, 2009
    Kern County California
    I'm not showing mine off, but I do just love the second looks I get driving! :w00t:I've snuck hits at the Dr.'s office, the pharamacist's and I puff all day at work(only a couple people know). I would never vape at Wallmart, Target etc.... Never had the need for a cig before while shopping, don't need to vape either. But seeing how I'm always in the dressing room.......:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread