Are you done stocking up?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Dumb question but I haven't done building in a few years cause I don't like it. Would it work and be easy to use those pre-built coils in this tank? I have a ton of those.

Yes, it works very well with the pre-wound coils, IMO. That's all I've been using in my Berserkers. I've been using mostly the SS 316L 1.3ohm coils from FT at $3.49/bag or box of 100. I've also used the same SS coils in 1.5ohm, and some Kanthal A1 1.5ohm from them, too. The SS in 1.3ohm are my favorites, even though I don't use TC.

The screw heads on the deck are nice and large, and there's a little notch on each side of both posts. That notch makes it easier to keep the leg in position after you've gone under the screw head with it. I just use a fingernail to keep the end of the leg in the notch while I tighten the screw head. Then I just pull the leg end back out straight from the screw head and nip it off close.

The Berserkers are topfill, but I always bottom fill mine, too, like cats5365 does. Quite a few people on the forum Berserker threads had trouble with some gurgling and leaking with topfilling. Those that have switched to bottomfill have no problems with either at all. Either way you fill...you still have to remove a part of the tank, so it's really no big deal to bottomfill instead, IMO.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
Dog Dog Dog
Earl Earl Earl
Go Go Go

All equally MTL-y loverly.

:)
Every time I rebuild the Erl, with it's special two cut tail thinning & muscular shoulders, I grumble and ask myself, 'why do I put myself through this?' Then I fill and vape it, and tell myself.. 'Oh yeah, that's why'.:thumb:

Egos & Trons (CLRs) are my normal go to's.
Followed closely by KFL+V2's & Erls (vape quality awesome, but a little more work to rebuild)

Have some SXK Dogs on the way from FT. Will see where they fall in, on the favorites list.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Gotleib, FDA head, says recently,
"We’ll take forceful steps to stem the youth use, even if our actions have the unwelcome effect of impeding some opportunities for adults."
FDA advances investigation into whether more than 40 e-cigarette products are being illegally marketed and outside agency’s compliance policy
This is a serious shot across the bow I won't be ignoring.

In theory I have enough nic and hardware to hold out for 10-20 years depending on whether my assumptions about durability and shelf life are accurate. The latest comments from the FDA persuade me to make some further additions to the stockpile in the form of a couple more mods and additional nic. I shouldn't need to do that but the FDA threatens too cut off my access to supplies and revoke the more relaxed deadlines. My main worry right now is that my Pico screens will go stale on the shelf and I won't be able to get replacements. With Arctic Fox firmware they are configurable via USB on a computer but that would be a big pain.

On the forum it seems like the vapers can be divided between the ones that have settled on a setup or a couple of setups and they leave that alone. Then there are the ones who haven't settled down and are regularly trying novel stuff. If you're one of the unsettled ones stockpiling can get very expensive. I know I would stay satisfied wiith Picos and SV rda clones. I'm not worried there might be something "better" because I'm not looking for something better.

Evolv sells them:
EVOLV - Home

Evolv uses a 128x32 OLED screen. Not sure if Evolv's are the same screen a Pico uses. The number of pins and the width of the ZIF connector vary on these displays, but the displays themselves are fairly generic and can be found elsewhere.

All Products | Mouser

Popular 128x32 Oled Display-Buy Cheap 128x32 Oled Display lots from China 128x32 Oled Display suppliers on Aliexpress.com

1pcs 0.91" OLED display module 128x32 pixels white 8pin SSD1306 driver 4 wires SPI interface Plug in-in LCD Modules from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Thanks so much for the tip. Now I expect the answer will turn out to be yes. I might write to eleaf and ask for a part number. They should be willing. I bought the product and am asking for support for a special situation to put it mildly. My hunch is if fresh screens are available years from now for legacy devices I'll have no problem keeping Picos running for the long run. Thanks again.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Every time I rebuild the Erl, with it's special two cut tail thinning & muscular shoulders, I grumble and ask myself, 'why do I put myself through this?' Then I fill and vape it, and tell myself.. 'Oh yeah, that's why'.:thumb:

Egos & Trons (CLRs) are my normal go to's.
Followed closely by KFL+V2's & Erls (vape quality awesome, but a little more work to rebuild)

Have some SXK Dogs on the way from FT. Will see where they fall in, on the favorites list.

I'm with ya, Doug! I also love my Eggs and Trons, and still enjoy my KFs!

Love your thoughts on the Dogs when you give them a whirl. Seems your vaping preferences might be klose to mine, and with that said, I think you just may fall in love with them!

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Yes, it works very well with the pre-wound coils, IMO. That's all I've been using in my Berserkers. I've been using mostly the SS 316L 1.3ohm coils from FT at $3.49/bag or box of 100. I've also used the same SS coils in 1.5ohm, and some Kanthal A1 1.5ohm from them, too. The SS in 1.3ohm are my favorites, even though I don't use TC.

The screw heads on the deck are nice and large, and there's a little notch on each side of both posts. That notch makes it easier to keep the leg in position after you've gone under the screw head with it. I just use a fingernail to keep the end of the leg in the notch while I tighten the screw head. Then I just pull the leg end back out straight from the screw head and nip it off close.

The Berserkers are topfill, but I always bottom fill mine, too, like cats5365 does. Quite a few people on the forum Berserker threads had trouble with some gurgling and leaking with topfilling. Those that have switched to bottomfill have no problems with either at all. Either way you fill...you still have to remove a part of the tank, so it's really no big deal to bottomfill instead, IMO.

Thank you, guess I will get one or 3 of those things, just in case.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Thank you, guess I will get one or 3 of those things, just in case.

You're welcome for the info. I hope you like it/them, too. However, if it turns out you have any problems, please contact any of us who regularly use Berserkers, before you just give up. We may know some tips or ideas that could help you. :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yep. I like it, but I should caution you, it's my only MTL RDA so I don't have too much of a comparison. I like the way it vapes, dripping is harder with the smaller mouthpiece but keep in mind I have a fine motor tremor and you don't.

I'm buying more nic, for absolute certain. That is one thing I'm not going to ignore.

I can't decide whether to save up for a dicodes mod or like, spread the wealth for my vape closet.

I am very happy to have an Appalachian husband with a TON of tools, actually because worst case, if I need a plastic tube for a mod he will be able to make me one, especially if I nag hard enough. There is talk on the Provari thread about modding out PVs that use button tops and I am paying close (if somewhat incoherent) attention. That type of stuff.

Not everyone has it oh so easy though.

Seriously though worst case everyone American General Snus, bet it's not even on the FDA radar, my son's slogan for it is, "MOM! That's what the homeless buy!" (My response, "Then the homeless are smart") the amount of alkaloid in it in some ways compensates for the hand to mouth and you can always vape Pg/.Vg on top of it for the Inhalation Effect.

NO SMOKING THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is my Joan of Arc statement for today. Be like the homeless and fly under the radar with a product many folks consider so low rent and disgusting, they don't even know what it IS. It is also CHEAP. But, it won't kill you.

TRY SOME.

Anna

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Evolv sells them:
    EVOLV - Home

Evolv uses a 128x32 OLED screen. Not sure if Evolv's are the same screen a Pico uses. The number of pins and the width of the ZIF connector vary on these displays, but the displays themselves are fairly generic and can be found elsewhere.

All Products | Mouser

Popular 128x32 Oled Display-Buy Cheap 128x32 Oled Display lots from China 128x32 Oled Display suppliers on Aliexpress.com

1pcs 0.91" OLED display module 128x32 pixels white 8pin SSD1306 driver 4 wires SPI interface Plug in-in LCD Modules from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

If I remember correctly from earlier threads there are 2 types of screen. Maybe LED and OLED. One type decays over time and the other one doesn't. And the type used in Provaris is the one that lasts for a long time. Not a lot of pixels so it's a more limited display but it seems like a good trade-off.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    If I remember correctly from earlier threads there are 2 types of screen. Maybe LED and OLED. One type decays over time and the other one doesn't. And the type used in Provaris is the one that lasts for a long time. Not a lot of pixels so it's a more limited display but it seems like a good trade-off.
    Well, that news just made me very happy. Looks like it’ll be me, my crew of provaris, diy supplies and a bunch of questionable dna mods in the post vapocolypse bunker lol

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Well, that news just made me very happy. Looks like it’ll be me, my crew of provaris, diy supplies and a bunch of questionable dna mods in the post vapocolypse bunker lol

As long as you have the adapter since apparently button top batts are about gone. Maybe they think no one wants them since Provape closed. Maybe just the zillion out there that are still in use.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    As long as you have the adapter since apparently button top batts are about gone. Maybe they think no one wants them since Provape closed. Maybe just the zillion out there that are still in use.
    I just ordered some from RTD. After a discussion with them, bought the ones they suggested for the provari. Their customer service is quite responsive

Users who are viewing this thread