Are you done stocking up?

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Stories like this are why I steadfastly stick with what has worked for me for 5 years now.
New atty? Not interested.
New kinda wire? Nope.
I bought stuff to last me a lifetime, and I'm not going to replace it with something "better".

Me too. Actually I'm kind of scared to try new gear in case I do find something I like better.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Me too. Actually I'm kind of scared to try new gear in case I do find something I like better.

Fear.PNG

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
When I see the term 'stocking up' as it applies to vaping it rings in as supplies to me (expendable supplies, not gear). I have a large enough supply of vaping expendables on hand to probably see me thru until my last day sucking air. But I guess I am guilty of stocking up on some gear too though IAMA with many of my various gear models I have several of each of them and up to over a dozen of some of them. Lately more supplies nor new gear have not been on my priority list though. So all I have bought recently is 2 Wotofo Profile Unity Mesh RTA's (and brought back out of mothballs 2 Sig 213 TC mods to run them on). I've never been a fan of RTA's, and I mostly only run squonk mods anymore. So these were a stretch for me. But mesh atty's have been my main thing for well over a year and a half (have 23 of them)... and the 9 Wotofo Profile Mesh rda's share top billing along with 9 Digiflavor Mesh Pro's out of the lot of them. So I had to at least try a couple of these out.

I mix my DIY's for mesh builds now days, and like with the mesh RDA's these RTA's have earned a couple of spots in my rotations. I have no plans to buy anymore of them, but that is simply because I don't really want to start running anymore of my many TC mods again.

GunMetal and Gold versions to go on the GM and Gold 213's (crappy picture - camera woes).

wpuX2.jpg
213WPU2.jpg

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Stories like this are why I steadfastly stick with what has worked for me for 5 years now.
New kinda wire? Nope.
I bought stuff to last me a lifetime, and I'm not going to replace it with something "better".

If I subscribed to that philosophy...I'd still be vaping on my top coil with the wicks-running-down-to-the-bottom Tanks and (slightly heavier than a brick) (11W Max) MVP2's...rather than my current immeasurably more satisfying Zenith/Sinuous P80 setups...:shock:

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
New kinda wire? Nope.

I like trying different stuff.:vapor:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like trying different stuff.:vapor:
Yea, me too. It's a problem. I do think I'm gonna buy like 10 or so regulated mods on a budget that I like okay though. I think that because I know they will actually stay in the closet with Tom Cruise. I'm thinking it might be the Eleaf invoke I love that sucker mine will NOT die. It has been used and abused, too.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If I subscribed to that philosophy...I'd still be vaping on my top coil with the wicks-running-down-to-the-bottom Tanks and (slightly heavier than a brick) (11W Max) MVP2's...rather than my current immeasurably more satisfying Zenith/Sinuous P80 setups...:shock:
I also started with stuff like that.

And it got me off the cigs. But it was generally a PITA. Then I found stuff that wasn't, and have stuck with it.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I stayed with the same stuff for years. It just stopped being satisfying. I think my first four years I might have spent $800-1,000 total, diy supplies and all.

I was overdue for an update/upgrade. But it’s also been a lot of fun trying new things, and I’ve found some great stuff along the way. No regrets.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have gone through spells over the years where I’ll try a bunch of different tanks until I find one I like a lot and then buy a bunch of them. That will keep me happy for a year or two and then I’m back to looking for something else.

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    I have gone through spells over the years where I’ll try a bunch of different tanks until I find one I like a lot and then buy a bunch of them. That will keep me happy for a year or two and then I’m back to looking for something else.

Same here, but I always seem to go back to the tanks that I liked and bought a bunch of.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    That said, I'm gonna re-do them tomorrow 'cause I have a 1000+ mile road trip coming up late next week. I'll feel more comfortable doing that with reasonably fresh builds.
    That's the way to do it. I tend to do it almost last minute. And, you know how that always goes!
    Oh but they are. Easier to fill, easier to build, far more build options, better direction of airflow, which all gives better vapor and flavor.
    If that happens to be what you like. That just means that what you like hadn't been invented yet. NOW, you can relax and enjoy - like the people that found their sweet spot a long time ago.
    "Aye two".

I've got stuff as old as 2012, and as new as....

Oh damn. Well, yesterday (if I must be truthful). :blush:

The last time my vape style changed was around March of 2012, when I locked in at 9-11 watts, 22mm atties, and my first solid piece of equipment (an ancient relic called "Provari" or something like that). ;)

I keep adding stuff but the variations are nil. My youngest son said to me yesterday, "That freezer of yours is absolutely hilarious."

That doesn't stop him (or the other vaping kids) from taking what they need from me, when they need it. o_O

I wonder if I'm done stocking up yet. ;) :w00t:
    I still have my old Rough Stack and little black box from Mad Vapes from March of 2011. Not that I actually use them. But, I could!

I still buy. But, I don't get excited about it unless the price is $20 or under, no more than about $22 after shipping. Unless, of course, it's pretty!

I still keep thinking of adding more nic, every time that I mix for my sister or my brother. But, I barely have any room left! My freezer will be nic only if I add any more!
    Yea, me too. It's a problem. I do think I'm gonna buy like 10 or so regulated mods on a budget that I like okay though. I think that because I know they will actually stay in the closet with Tom Cruise. I'm thinking it might be the Eleaf invoke I love that sucker mine will NOT die. It has been used and abused, too.

Anna
    I really like my Invoke. So small for a 2 battery mod!

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Oh but they are. Easier to fill, easier to build, far more build options, better direction of airflow, which all gives better vapor and flavor.
    If that happens to be what you like. That just means that what you like hadn't been invented yet. NOW, you can relax and enjoy - like the people that found their sweet spot a long time ago.
    Au contraire! You mean something that you didn't know you needed. ;) There is no such thing as a sweet spot in the ever changing vaping scene. The best you can do is the best for now. :D

Reactions: Fidola13

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    My current thinking, I'll get some more nic just because. I shouldn't be procastinating on that. I have the freezer space The OLED screen issue has me getting some backups for the backups in the form of protected mods with no screen. That turns out to be 4 Pico Squeeze plus Cthulu 1928 rda's. And I'll probablly get a tube mod and some $5 replacable boards. That seems like the most cost effective last line of defense. Finally an MTL RTA came along I like so 4 Berserker minis and extra glass from FT. I have vaped an SV rda clone from FT for the last 3 1/2 years ($7 each). It's still my favorite vape. The SV's seem to be gone from the market so good thing I picked up a few. I like my recently acquired Pico X and might get a couple more (low priority). The X is good in the winter because the fire button is easy to find with a gloved hand.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I'll get some more nic just because. I shouldn't be procastinating on that.
    Yep. Nic should be priority #1 for anyone's stockpiling plan, and the only time procrastination is warranted is in the heat of the summer.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Yep. Nic should be priority #1 for anyone's stockpiling plan, and the only time procrastination is warranted is in the heat of the summer.

It always seemed like nic might be treated differently to everything else. They can jump on hardware and juice like they are talking about in the House and Senate. Nicotine has to be available for cigarette manufacture. They would need a separate remedy, like making it available to licensed buyers only. It could happen tomorrow, outside of the other legislation that's going on.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    For the lovers of the Pico, it might be a good idea to check out Central Iowa Vapors. Sigelei 213's, Aspire Speeders and Wismec Predators too, even my favorite RX75. Search on the word "open". I took a chance on a couple RX75's and a Speeder myself.:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread