Are you done stocking up?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
When I went and checked on them, before posting the link the first time...Black was the only option shown. I never did see Grey as an option at all. Weird, IMO. Glad you were able to order another one, and it's the Black you wanted. :thumbs:

ETA: You definitely got the last one, because they aren't even shown any more on this eleaf product page...not even as Out of Stock. Guess he won't be getting more afterall.

Eleaf/ISmoka Parts : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

The Pico S that I ordered a couple of weeks ago is performing really well. The Samsung 40T 21700's I ordered for it are doing a good job, also. I can vape at least 24 clock hours on one cell at 10W. The Pico S is a tad bigger than a standard Pico, but still pocket friendly. The display has nice resolution and brightness. The fire button is sturdy with a nic click feel. There's enough switch pressure to prevent pocket activation, but not so much as to cause a sore finger. TC mode seems accurate. The battery cap is in the same place as the original Pico but the entire tube unscrews and lifts out to change the battery.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Have you tried the Pico 25 85W? I bought some for my stash when they first came out, but haven't used any yet. Wanted several because they accept larger than 22mm tanks.

Eleaf iStick Pico 25 85W Battery - $38.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

Haven't tried that one yet. I probably have enough gear to fully equip several people, but I still have to look at the latest and greatest hardware and buy new stuff. I blame that on the FDA threats. It's not my fault. It's a self preservation instinct in motion. :)

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I've got about 18 years of nic and 10 years of our ADV flavoring chillin' and still feel a bit uncomfortable. It felt adequate a couple years ago. I'll hold out for sales in the winter months unless the tightening noose on vaping accelerates this year.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I got some ss clapton wire the other day. It isnt what I ordered but I decided to build a coil with it anyway.
Coil came out at 0.12ohm, my usual coils are about .7ish and 14watts.
Ive used about 25ml of juice in two days up from about 6-7ml in two days.
Everythings. Changed. I cant see going back from this.
Im going to have to buy 2battery mods and more nic base. Maybe rethink my wire stash as well.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Everythings. Changed. I cant see going back from this.
Im going to have to buy 2battery mods and more nic base. Maybe rethink my wire stash as well.
Stories like this are why I steadfastly stick with what has worked for me for 5 years now.
New atty? Not interested.
New kinda wire? Nope.
I bought stuff to last me a lifetime, and I'm not going to replace it with something "better".

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Stories like this are why I steadfastly stick with what has worked for me for 5 years now.
New kinda wire? Nope.
I bought stuff to last me a lifetime, and I'm not going to replace it with something "better".

It took me a long time and a lot of wasted money to arrive at the same place.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Couple more liters of nic comes next. Then coils. And then yes, a few more inexpensive regulated mods. It's gonna happen sooner than I thought, is all.

Sigh. I have RTAs for days and I am super glad I did not sell any more of my provari 2.5 stash, well just because.

Anna

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
New kinda wire? Nope.
Ah... I did that for awhile after 8/8/2016 until my juices started to taste very old and I wanted some fresh juice again.

Oh course, I started to look at hardware again and I am so glad I did. Vaping is just getting easier to maintain, better flavor, and more efficient than ever before. Sure I still have my old stash for just in case. But I hope I never have to go back to them if I could help it. My stash is from 2016 and things have changed a lot since then. What year is your stash from Rossum?

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
New kinda wire? Nope.

I also have a setup that has worked well for a few years and have enough of it to last. I do occasionally entertain some new stuff just for fun and to handle the thicker sweet liquids I vape for fun. Like most guys, a bit of unfamiliar and strange is exciting from time to time!

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
Recent shopping and review of my gear:
8 tanks 8--- I like
8 dripper/squonk-- I like
3 regulated mods- until they die 1 has already lost USB charge port
3squonk mods
3 mechmods
Lifetime of nicotine
Plenty of flavors still even after I piffed some. In a pinch I can go without flavors (aka Neat) as I find plain ejuice as semi-sweet

2 kangertech atty (rba+drop in coil)- need to stock pile coils at some point or commit to sweet talking young men when I get old to setting up my coil/wicks ;)

3 attys to be traded/piffed down the road.

I do have 1 more basket building at ft.. Back up glass and parts only for tanks I own and like. I'm in no hurry to buy the basket as I am waiting to see if I need and other parts

Few weeks ago I bought a small tin box like an old lunchbox to store everything.. Hoping to avoid 'crushing' the gear..but I'm not sure I like it so now I'm looking at small camera bags. (Yes I can be very OCD)-remember I want my world to fit into 2 or 3 backpacks)---ughh!
usb port dead,do you need a battery charger?the lunch box thing sounds cool.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Oh course, I started to look at hardware again and I am so glad I did. Vaping is just getting easier to maintain
I don't see how it can possibly be easier to maintain. I started keeping a maintenance log last summer. I've done nothing resembling maintenance to any of my gear since January 10th. OK, that's exceptional; normally I'm looking at dry burn and new wick more like once a month, but it seems the stars aligned on these builds.

That said, I'm gonna re-do them tomorrow 'cause I have a 1000+ mile road trip coming up late next week. I'll feel more comfortable doing that with reasonably fresh builds.

My stash is from 2016 and things have changed a lot since then. What year is your stash from Rossum?
  • The mods I actually use are all from 2015-2017 (mechanical squonkers).
  • The atties are from 2014-2016 -- smallish BF atties suitable for MTL.
  • My nic is also all from the same period; I ordered my first liter two weeks into vaping on December 31, 2013 and finished stocking by the middle of 2016.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I don't see how it can possibly be easier to maintain. I started keeping a maintenance log last summer. I've done nothing resembling maintenance to any of my gear since January 10th. OK, that's exceptional; normally I'm looking at dry burn and new wick more like once a month, but it seems the stars aligned on these builds.
Oh but they are. Easier to fill, easier to build, far more build options, better direction of airflow, which all gives better vapor and flavor.

I don't know if you played around with those exotic coils or not. But some of them can be amazing. Some of them actually wick the juice like your own wicking. Just imagine, coils sucking up juice! Pretty amazing stuff and hopefully even better in the future.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
New kinda wire? Nope.

Me me me Me me me Me me me Me me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me me.

(myself & I, and perhaps Irene too)

8 and 1/4 years, and I'm STILL kwite happy with what's worked.

Perfectly stated, Rossum!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
One has a failing screen and another has a dodgy battery cap that you have to fiddle with when the power goes out. They aren't that old.

My experiences are exactly the same as yours, both issues.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
New kinda wire? Nope.

Ah... I did that for awhile after 8/8/2016 until my juices started to taste very old and I wanted some fresh juice again.

Oh course, I started to look at hardware again and I am so glad I did. Vaping is just getting easier to maintain, better flavor, and more efficient than ever before. Sure I still have my old stash for just in case. But I hope I never have to go back to them if I could help it. My stash is from 2016 and things have changed a lot since then. What year is your stash from Rossum?

Me me me Me me me Me me me Me me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me meMe me me.

(myself & I, and perhaps Irene too)

8 and 1/4 years, and I'm STILL kwite happy with what's worked.

Perfectly stated, Rossum!

"Aye two".

I've got stuff as old as 2012, and as new as....

Oh damn. Well, yesterday (if I must be truthful). :blush:

The last time my vape style changed was around March of 2012, when I locked in at 9-11 watts, 22mm atties, and my first solid piece of equipment (an ancient relic called "Provari" or something like that). ;)

I keep adding stuff but the variations are nil. My youngest son said to me yesterday, "That freezer of yours is absolutely hilarious."

That doesn't stop him (or the other vaping kids) from taking what they need from me, when they need it. o_O

I wonder if I'm done stocking up yet. ;) :w00t:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
My youngest son said to me yesterday, "That freezer of yours is absolutely hilarious."
Apparently he wasn't a Boy Scout because he doesn't understand the concept of "Be Prepared".. ;)

That doesn't stop him (or the other vaping kids) from taking what they need from me, when they need it.
Have you considered something like this?

doorwhitelarge.jpg

:vapor:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Are the clones any good?
I got them from Fasttech on July 20th and I never tried them out yet. Very nice zippered cases though. Supposedly you can't tell the difference except the coil leg holes are not drilled all the way through. Which is fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread