Are you done stocking up?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    ...Samsung 30Q from IMR. These things are not cheap.

<:oops:>Didn't want to say anything but for future purchases keep an eye on 18650BatteryStore's Deal of the Day page a couple months before you know you're going to buy batts.
    30Q batts are on deal for $3.99 and cheaper shipping (USPS Priority). Total order would have been $6.50 less for 6 30Q batts. </:oops:>

Last edited:

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    It's become a possibility, although probably unlikely, that I will have to move in the spring. This is one of the main reasons I didn't transfer all my nic to glass... I didn't want one breaking in a move and I don't own a house. The other was laziness ;)

If he confirms to extend the least another year though I'll try and get to it.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I can leave my house without my vape these days no problem, but I forgot to charge batts at lunch and now I have two dead sets and I'm about to have a nic fit because it's been 10 whole minutes since the second set died! Thankful for quick charge right now. And oh man does my single batt mods tank taste awful, I think I'll just wait it out. Let it sit too long.

Reactions: misswish1

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    And oh man does my single batt mods tank taste awful, I think I'll just wait it out. Let it sit too long.

Just fire it and blow on the DT opening for a while and let it vaporize a bit. Do that a few times then try it again. That works for me but I vape simple 1-flavor juices.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    @UncleJunkle Yes I'm one flavor as well but to be quite honest I have no idea how long that thing sat, could have been months. Cleaning it out tomorrow. o_O

I successfully waited out the painful half hour for the duals to top off at 100% and am happily cloud chucking again. Phew!

*ETA* I just tried your trick anyways, no go on this old juice.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Two daily mods “broke” recently and, while replacements are in the closet, they are no longer available for purchase. And, while hard to count in the freezer, nic seems to go at a steady rate. And the prohibitionists continue with ridiculous lies. Anyway, made first purchases in a while: two Vaporesso GEN S Mods and another liter. Don’t have this mod currently, but seems a good fit. Hope all are well -- and enjoy!

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Out of curiosity, which mods were they and about how long in use? Did they just give up the ghost or did you have some hand in their demise?
    Smoant Cylon: built like a tank, very good TC, and highly reliable. In use since Sept. 2019. Hard dropped a number of times; normally just reinsert batteries. However, recent drop chipped metal on the latch and now opens unexpectedly.
    Aegis Squonk: Purchased Dec. 2019. Solid and reliable mod though found it's Achilles heal. Drop at the wrong angle and the body (holding the tank) fractures at the two [only] attachment screws. Glued body pieces together and now operational though less aesthetic and the tank is no longer replaceable.
    HCigar VT Inbox V3: Purchased Sept. 2019. Still operating but usb charging port (with infrequent use) causes erratic mod behavior.

These led a fairly pampered life with reasonable care and mostly used around the house; though fairly heavy use. All remain usable, in their degraded states. Electronics, buttons, and 510s all work without issue. Squonk bottle on Inbox was replaced (had spares). So my experience says 1-2 years lifespan on quality, regulated mods. Uncertain on durability for Gens but knew from past experience these others were reliable.

Last edited:

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Considering quitting vaping, and it has nothing to do with addiction, regulations, taxes or health. Let me explain.

My roommate/landlord complained that he could see and smell it in his room above me. I tried convincing him to let me run the furnace on the circulate setting so that it pushes the vape back into my room but he didn't like that idea and told me not to touch the thermostat again in the end (it was working btw). It's now currently on circulate at night only, but isn't kicking on for circ much because the heat is on at night. I'm not sure if he knows it's set that way or if he wants it set that way but it works out in my favor so I'm doing as instructed and not touching it.

I've been lucky enough not to have to deal with this very much and have very understanding roommates but I'm not sure if this problem goes away if I do end up moving. He's the first person to complain and he has only been able to notice 2 days in 2.5 years. I'm a ways away from buying a house still. Who knows how my future roommate/landlord feel about me vaping inside and I didn't quit smoking to have to go outside to vape. Being able to "smoke inside" was my number one draw to vaping. You may feel differently.

But that's not the ultimate reason I want to quit, that's why other people would like me to quit which only carries so much weight. The thing is... I'm sick of the vape on everything. My laptop had a cooling pad under it and the fans would actually drip a little vape out. My car windows had to be cleaned nearly every week when I was actually driving. I had to change out my HEPA air purifier filters twice this summer, they were dripping in vape. I cleaned my room mirrors 3 weeks ago and they're already caked in vape. My computer is about two months old and the clear case side is already showing vape, appears to be both on the inside and the outside. I blow vape away from the computer. Mind you we're in heating season now so the AC hasn't been on, my HEPA filters aren't soaked and I'm still having the problems some people said would go away with the humidity. I really don't like the idea that there's probably vape flowing throughout all of my PC component's fans.

The computer is brand new and was not cheap as I'm a gamer so this is really bothering me. I know I vaped with my old machine for years and then my laptop for years without issue but to be honest I'm just sick of the mess. And yes I'd rather quit than switch to tootle puffing, been there done that.

Unsure if I'll get the guts to do it, whether I can carry it out, or if this is just a rant but thanks for listening anyways. It's a big decision that's been on my mind lately. Didn't feel like starting a thread.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As far as ruining PCs, I have heard of that, but doesn't happen to me. Heavy vaper, but no more than 20W and I do 50/50. However, in the spring and fall when it's humid, by walls get wet to the tough. Same for plastic blinds.

Consider toning it down and going with less VG? I mean at least in the home. Then go outside for a minute or so if you really need to blow a nice satisfying cloud.

Car is not really a problem. I don't drive much but even when I did the windows is always down even when cold or hot. Could never drive 'n' vape without a window at least cracked. Windshield gets a film to the point it needs to be cleaned, but it takes months for me.

By all means, though, quit if you want. No harm in that.

My roommate/landlord complained that he could see and smell it in his room above me.

He's just saying that because he knows you vape and he hates the idea of it.
    I know the type. Sees the vape clouds, thinks "OMG, I hate smokers!"

If you can tone it down and try to be more stealthy about it, tell him you quit. I bet his bi+ching will also quit. Psychology.

ETA: Oh wait, never mind, I understand now, you live in the same unit together. Sorry

• Useful
    Reactions: Haktuspit

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Anyway, made first purchases in a while: two Vaporesso GEN S Mods and another liter. Don’t have this mod currently, but seems a good fit.

If you find out that you like the Vaporesso Gen S Mods...the original Gen is almost identical to the Gen S, except for a few mm difference in size and the colors it comes in. They're available for $27.27 + S/H at a US vendor. The Gen S Kit with the NRG-S tank...is available at the same vendor for only $6 + change more than the Gen Mod alone.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    If you find out that you like the Vaporesso Gen S Mods...the original Gen is almost identical to the Gen S, except for a few mm difference in size and the colors it comes in. They're available for $27.27 + S/H at a US vendor. The Gen S Kit with the NRG-S tank...is available at the same vendor for only $6 + change more than the Gen Mod alone.
    I'm just being nosy here. I appreciate that you prolifically offer assistance, and I've personally benefitted from a recommendation or two that you've made.
    But, why do you often request a PM for more information, or fail to provide a link, as in the above ('a US vendor' is vague). If you don't feel comfortable answering me in public, I reckon you could PM me or just disregard my query.

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Well I picked up a couple more odds and ends in the last couple of days. Another Aegis Solo kit and a couple of rebuildable tanks. Nothing shocking.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Turns out I am a COVID long hauler and even after all this time am still battling crippling fatigue. So yeah not online much, naps are far higher on my list.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Well I picked up a couple more odds and ends in the last couple of days. Another Aegis Solo kit and a couple of rebuildable tanks. Nothing shocking.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Turns out I am a COVID long hauler and even after all this time am still battling crippling fatigue. So yeah not online much, naps are far higher on my list.
    Hope that clears up soon!

Cjax

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2012
    RVa USA
    Ok so I hadn't been on ecf in a long time until a couple of weeks ago when I stumbled on this thread. You could say I was "inspired" to re-evaluate my stockpile and blow the dust off some old relics I've been hanging onto to see if they still fit my vaping style (mostly they don't).

Long story short, since then I picked up a series mech, a parallel mech, Profile rda, Aromamizer Supreme v2 and the mesh deck, a Widowmaker rta, a Reload rta, Kylin M, spare tanks for my Crius and Bellus tanks (I've missed those guys!), and a sheet of pure copper I can cut up into internals for a couple wooden bf projects I've been meaning to finish (well...start).

All I can say is you people are a bad influence!

I think the only things at this point I really NEED are some extra mesh and some magnets for the doors on the bf woodies. And maybe a support group.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread