Are you done stocking up?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
What was it like vaping 6 yrs ago?
Trial and error.....lots of 'new' ideas on how to put things together, how to figure out how to diy. Yep, those were the good ole' days when we all put forth our best efforts to accomplish 'how to keep off the stinkies'. Also it was very messy in those days. Thank goodness for tanks......that was the 'thing' that kept me vaping.
:)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Nah,,,,,no risk afaics....so what if there is new tech that may or may not come out? NO matter what we who have stocked up on vaping supplies can always vape. It may not be the latest greatest but that is not why we stocked up in the first place. We have ensured that no matter what we will 'nevah' go back to the stinkies.

What I mean by downside risk is If I was able to continue vaping as long as I want how I want at the same cost of today.

Reactions: Mowgli

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Trial and error.....lots of 'new' ideas on how to put things together, how to figure out how to diy. Yep, those were the good ole' days when we all put forth our best efforts to accomplish 'how to keep off the stinkies'. Also it was very messy in those days. Thank goodness for tanks......that was the 'thing' that kept me vaping.
I was curious if the ecigs back then helped keep you off cigarettes

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Only because I was determined to leave the cigs behind. It was a challenge tho, I just kept vaping right through my cravings even tho it was like sucking molasses through a straw. I remember my cheeks being sore as heck. LOL. But yes, even back then they helped.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Did you mean you hope you don't feel like a bonehead???

It won't matter what happens, as far as for me personally. If I'm happy with the stuff I've bought, (which I am) and can use it all in the longrun (which I will) and/or share it with others (which I do and will in the future)...I'm fine with what I've stashed. If it'll accomplish my goal of still being able to vape, and help others do the same no matter what...I'm fine with it. :)

EDIT: If I've stockpiled even old school cartos & tanks and mega attys & their drip tips, (that I can always use/give to others, too)...I'm not worried about having new technology that may come out. If it can be used to get my nic fix....old school or not.... :thumbs:
I don't honestly care though as I still love my Subtank Minis and Kayfun Lite Plus tanks (likely have enough clone and authentic parts to build a dozen of each) and even though I like to play around with new stuff like Smok TFV8 tanks, I will never likely be in a position that I wouldn't want to use them. If regulation kills future innovation, I will be good with what I have.

Luckily I have only been vaping for 18 months or so, so my "old technology" isn't really that old. :)

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Only because I was determined to leave the cigs behind. It was a challenge tho, I just kept vaping right through my cravings even tho it was like sucking molasses through a straw. I remember my cheeks being sore as heck. LOL. But yes, even back then they helped.
Thank you for sharing, I remember using blu and killing the battery in 2 hrs and then going back to cigarettes.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thank you for sharing, I remember using blu and killing the battery in 2 hrs and then going back to cigarettes.
I had one called safe-cig and then bought the blu. New stuff was coming out daily and I remember trying all I could get my hands on. But like I said, determination. I had looked for a few years before even finding the safe cig because I just knew there had to be better alternatives to the gum,etc. The ones I had found before that were gawd awful expensive and didn't look like something I wanted to try. I was vaping for a while before even finding ecf. And finding ecf gave me the encouragement and support to continue. The members here have always been very giving and supportive.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Surly you know now, everything old becomes new again or "vintage"
Is the new hot item!
Funny as tonight I was looking at my first generation iPod and iPod Minis and my wife said throw them out. I am not a hoarder at all, but I bet that crap will be worth a fortune one day. I'm keeping 'em.

I will be buying any Provape 1 or 2 I can find moving forward as well.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
for me it has been real easy ... a couple years ago I used to go to Vape meets, everyone was always looking for something better ... be it bigger clouds, lower builds, newest mods, etc. There I was puffing away on my ProVaris topped with Kayfuns ... amazed at how much better it was than smoking.

Today, I notice the dates on the bottom of my first used Kayfuns that I still use daily 02/2014 ... three years later, I still build the Kayfuns the same way and vape the same DIY ADVs.

and every day I am still amazed at how much better a ProVari/Kayfun is than smoking.

28Provi.jpg

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
for me it has been real easy ... a couple years ago I used to go to Vape meets, everyone was always looking for something better ... be it bigger clouds, lower builds, newest mods, etc. There I was puffing away on my ProVaris topped with Kayfuns ... amazed at how much better it was than smoking.

Today, I notice the dates on the bottom of my first used Kayfuns that I still use daily 02/2014 ... three years later, I still build the Kayfuns the same way and vape the same DIY ADVs.

and every day I am still amazed at how much better a ProVari/Kayfun is than smoking.

View attachment 636249

Oh my WOW! I'm impressed with your collection!

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada

View attachment 636249

If you like you can send me the 2 in the middle that don't match. I can send you my address.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

View attachment 636249
I stopped looking for a better atomizer starting with the SV rda clone. Today's vape mail had 4 of them in black. Cost, $25 total. They are disappearing from the market. Those take me 2 over the 10 budgeted for the stockpile. Usually I only want brushed stainless but I'm feeling like being more stealthhy lately. The black sv on an all black vtc mini, all swathed in silicone looks so good to my eye it's almost a tinge of blingitis, which i've successfully avoided so far. The all black SV's will live out their lives on all black Picos

And yes, vaping is an entirely superior experience to smoking. I stand with the smokers on breaks at work and try to figure out why I used to think spending $3,000 a year for that crappy product was ever appealing. (My cost of ingredients for a year of DIY is less than $30, about 6 cents a day.)

I tell people, if you see vapers, and they look smug, it's because they are.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

View attachment 636249

i have no idea what those things are besides the letters u typed

Reactions: corn flakes

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE

They did. Back when I started vaping the hot thing to buy was an Ego battery(plain Jane, no VV back then). Topped with a 510 atomizer which had a cartridge type mouthpiece on top of it. Lots of time was spent trying to figure out the best stuff to restuff your cartridge with when it needed changing. Paper towels were mandatory vape supplies from all the leaking and yet I used them from day 1 for 15 months and never smoked.

Had I not ever wandered off and bought a REO, and if the FDA hadn't tried to take this away before, and if I hadn't hung out on this forum as much as I did in the beginning, I'd probably still be happily vaping on a little 650 mAh eGo battery and scratching my head wondering what in the hell is wrong with everybody around here. :D

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
They did. Back when I started vaping the hot thing to buy was an Ego battery(plain Jane, no VV back then). Topped with a 510 atomizer which had a cartridge type mouthpiece on top of it. Lots of time was spent trying to figure out the best stuff to restuff your cartridge with when it needed changing. Paper towels were mandatory vape supplies from all the leaking and yet I used them from day 1 for 15 months and never smoked.

Had I not ever wandered off and bought a REO, and if the FDA hadn't tried to take this away before, and if I hadn't hung out on this forum as much as I did in the beginning, I'd probably still be happily vaping on a little 650 mAh eGo battery and scratching my head wondering what in the hell is wrong with everybody around here. :D
Thank you for sharing, it's nice to hear stories of people quitting with the 1st and 2nd models of ecigs

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
IIRC...I gave a "heads up" to DaveP for GlassBottleOutlet.com, when he was looking for glass bottles. Their prices beat out 3 other major suppliers for the Boston round bottles with the polycone caps. All sizes are less there! I've placed 3 orders from them so far, and everything has been at the lowest prices and very well packed for shipping.

You did, and thanks for the tip, JC!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
What type of ejuice was available back then?

Prefilled Cartridges and a small selection of bottled juices were the choices of the day in 2010. Most were tobacco flavors with names suggestive of the cigarettes they mimicked.

There was the Joye 510 cig-a-like that looked like a plastic cigarette. The filter part was a plastic tube with a hole on the end to draw through. Inside was a wad of cotton that you dripped juice into. The longer part had a slim battery with a coil that contacted the cotton when you snapped it all together. You could vape for a few minutes on a fill. The hard part was sensing when the juice was about gone. Push it too far and the cotton would scorch. Then, you had to pull it out and repack the filter part.

Joye%20510%20Parts.jpg

The eGo model used a prefilled catridge with a similar heating coil and a metal mesh instead of cotton. It was a leaky world back then.

The-Fat-Batts.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread