Are you done stocking up?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have tons and mine still work from 12 years ago so I am not concerned. They don't hold a charge as well but still works for me.

Yeah, I've saved most of my batts for flashlights. But if I have to I'll use them for low wattage vaping, like 15W or less. They still last a while at lower wattages.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Last year when you could still buy/sell on reddit and decent batteries were a bit hard to find in stock, I bought 8 used Molicel P42a batts for $10 shipped from a reputable seller, with cases. I normally don't bother buying used batteries for various reasons, but he said most of them were barely used and he was selling because he quit vaping. So I bit. All seem to be in very good shape except one that had a dented and crooked positive plate with slight rust on one leg, so I ditched that one due to safely concerns (but it still worked). I'm glad I jumped on that deal. The ones I'm not using yet are in their case labeled as "Use first, bought used", after using them down to about 3.6v for storage.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm finally getting low on my VG and decided to order more. Wow, have prices gone up! At Essential Depot it's more than doubled! Heartland Vapes was 1/3 of the price, but it's OOS which makes me wonder how long it's been out of stock. So where are people buying their PG and VG these days? I'm not sure what restrictions there might be in VG these days.
    I just checked. They do have Tractor Supply in PA. But, VG can even be bought at a grocery store. It's used for skin care. I've found it in the section that has odd things (like lice shampoo).

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... VG can even be bought at a grocery store. It's used for skin care. I've found it in the section that has odd things (like lice shampoo).

It will make you Hair Shiny also.

That is, If you feel your Hair Isn't Shiny enough.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Propylene glycol is also commonly used in:
    • Fast foods.
    • Soft or carbonated drinks.
    • Processed snacks.
    • Baking ingredients for cakes, biscuits, cupcakes, and pancakes.
    • Beverages that are alcoholic.
    • Coloring agents for food.
    • Ice cream flavors.
    • Ice cream with flavors.
    • Canned foods and also dairy products.
    https://greenlivingzone.com/propylene-glycol-in-food/

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just checked. They do have Tractor Supply in PA. But, VG can even be bought at a grocery store. It's used for skin care. I've found it in the section that has odd things (like lice shampoo).

Yes, just realize that it is sold in small bottles and is super expensive bought this way. But I guess if this is all you can get, then it's better than nothing. PG on the other hand, not sure if that can be found in grocery and drug stores. Never looked for it.

Reactions: bnrkwest

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I have problems with "E-cigaretteforum" and "E-cigaretteforum Dark" styles. I had to switch to the "ECF" style and everything works fine. Go to "Preferences" and you can change your style at the top of the preferences selections.
    Same. I have to do the ECF style otherwise things just get wonky

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Yes, that is expensive, but I was referring to...

VG can even be bought at a grocery store. It's used for skin care. I've found it in the section that has odd things (like lice shampoo).

Walmart and drug stores sell VG in 6 oz bottles. But that is an expensive way to buy it. Walmart has it for $4.66 per 6oz bottle. That translates to $99.41 per gallon. I have a bottle I bought from CVS a long time ago but never used. EDIT: However if one is very strapped for cash and can't buy a whole liter or gallon, this is a godsend, of course, if mixing small quantities of juice.

If you or anyone is looking for VG and PG, I made a list of some sources that may be useful.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/list-of-pg-vg-sources-usa-only.8416/
    I can't put the link in my signature like my other 2 lists because there is a 2 link max rule for signatures. :(

Last edited:

schismz

ECF Veteran
    Aug 2, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    I do too. I ordered 10 18560's last month. I would order more but I fear they wouldn't hold up well in storage.

Are we running out of batteries? I have like 50 18650s another 50 21700s, I don't charge/discharge, etc, I just don't use the new batteries, let them sit for years, and then without careful scientific analysis, I just charge them up and they seem to work as expected...

FWIW everything I buy usually has its origins with Mooch's battery list at the time/epoch :)

I'm old enough to remember buying a couple of four gallon Glycubes on sale for ~$40. OK, with shipping they ended up closer to $60, but still. I rebottled it all in quart (or liter?) sized glass bottles and have quite a lot left. For anyone wondering whether PG and VG stores well... It does. :)

Its cool to know it lasts in glass bottles. I've never done anything with it other than throw the boxes in a cool place in basement. Materials from 2016 seem fine. Looking at receipt from 2016 I paid $220 for 8 glycubes. Looking at one from 2020, it was $332.41 ... so $112.41 increase for same thing, 4 years later.

Looking up same on essential depot right now, I've got: $327.55 for the same thing (in all cases the 8 glycubes = 4 pg, 4 vg in my case). So the cost has decreased by roughly $5 between 2020 and 2022.

The only thing I'm very OCD with is frozen nic in medical freezers, in my case kept at 0F. It's all Chemnovatic from years ago, and Carolina eXtraction Tech since Chemnovatic became problematic to source a few years back. That's all re-bottled, sealed, ziploc-bagged and sometimes taped, because drugs are hard to replace and I expect one day in the not too distant future it'll be significantly more difficult to buy nic.

Devices, I have the Infinity Bunker loading up since 2016 Vapocalypse, and contains everything that was high quality and survived since 2010. I don't need anything else since a long time ago, so in 2022 I've only purchased 35 or 40 devices so far :)

IDK, every time I see the price of the pods arbitrarily increase or the vape taxes go up in different states, I am filled with a mixture of glee/I don't care, this has 0 effect on me personally ... and much sadness, for seeing an entire industry wiped out and replaced with crap, which is more ridiculously over-priced by the day, and all that's left for most people who still pursue vaping.

Having said all that the grey and black markets seem alive and well. Every other deli, gas station or bodega mysteriously keeps stocking all the banned flavors and synthetic nic devices. If the store sells Delta 8, 9, 10, then there's a very high probability they have more interesting nic devices if you ask them.

The only thing that's become nearly extinct outside of vape shops who mostly have crap, are open systems.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I'm now thinking that having that capability would be a good idea for every vaper's stockpile. DIY with a modified wind trainer and any old bike seems workable.

It might also motivate me to climb on that bike once in a while.:D

Made me remember the tire driven generator on the English bike I rode as a kid. You could ride at night as long as you didn't stop pedaling! The light would surge and pulse with the action of your legs. It was bright on a downhill run!

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Walmart and drug stores sell VG in 6 oz bottles
    or you can order it through walmart.com by the gallon for $34.95 Robot or human? I don't know why it says robot or human. The link takes me to the gallon of VG :D

The very first VG I bought was the 6 oz bottle. I only bought one. After that i went for the much cheaper gallons. I still use the bottle that first VG came in. I am not big into recycling but am into re-purposing. :D
    Are we running out of batteries? I have like 50 18650s another 50 21700s, I don't charge/discharge, etc, I just don't use the new batteries, let them sit for years, and then without careful scientific analysis, I just charge them up and they seem to work as expected...
    Selection seems to be getting slimmer. I suspect before long our choices will be limited even more.
    , I am filled with a mixture of glee/I don't care, this has 0 effect on me personally ... and much sadness, for seeing an entire industry wiped out and replaced with crap, which is more ridiculously over-priced by the day, and all that's left for most people who still pursue vaping.
    I too am set for the rest of my life with plenty left over for someone else. A product finally came along that had the potential to do what the anti-smoke crowd claimed they wanted, and that was to eliminate cigarettes. Instead of getting behind it they have almost killed it. I am truly ashamed of most of the human race. Instead of live and let live it is all about money, power and most of all, control.
    end of rant.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Its cool to know it [PG and VG] lasts in glass bottles. I've never done anything with it other than throw the boxes in a cool place in basement. Materials from 2016 seem fine.
    I have not done any testing that indicates glass is better for storing PG and VG. I just don't like storing anything in plastic long-term.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Molicel P28A batteries on sale for $3.99 each at 18650BatteryStore

Mooch rates these the best all-around 18650s. I have some myself and I'm inclined to agree. I paid considerably more for them this spring.

They also have Samsung 40Ts for $3.99 but since I don't use 21700s, I have no opinion regarding them.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit

Mooch rates these the best all-around 18650s. I have some myself and I'm inclined to agree. I paid considerably more for them this spring.

They also have Samsung 40Ts for $3.99 but since I don't use 21700s, I have no opinion regarding them.

Thanks! Decent deal on the P28A's. Just grabbed 8 of them.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I keep going back and forth whether to buy some or not. I really don't need 18650 batteries. A lot of the mods I am using are 21700 but I hate to miss out on a deal like that.

Users who are viewing this thread