Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Damn! Some of my favorites gone forever.:cry:

First was Dunhill, now McClelland, I wonder who'll be next.... The email from P&C today;

The sad news has been announced about the future of McClelland and the masses are stocking up before everything is gone. We wanted to give our P&C Faithful an opportunity to stock up on your favorite bulk items before our inventory is depleted. We have McClelland bulks like Vanilla Black Cavendish, Cyprian Mixture, Light Cherry Cordial and much more to choose from that we know you will want to get your hands on. So come and stockpile what you can before time runs out on McClelland!

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Yeah, I got that email also. Very sad, not only for me since I've come to depend on Mc's Perique and Latakia but mostly for those who've enjoyed their tobaccos for 40 something years. I checked a few sites last night and Mc's blending tobaccos seem to be gone.

I have a big tin of Save Big on Dominican Glory Maduro - Pipes and Cigars that I"ll need to ration.

Boxster

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Buda, Tx
Yeah, I got that email also. Very sad, not only for me since I've come to depend on Mc's Perique and Latakia but mostly for those who've enjoyed their tobaccos for 40 something years. I checked a few sites last night and Mc's blending tobaccos seem to be gone.

I have a big tin of Save Big on Dominican Glory Maduro - Pipes and Cigars that I"ll need to ration.
I was just trying out an extraction of McClelland Frog Morton On the Bayou. Good stuff!
Was looking forward to trying more of the Frog Morton line.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
First was Dunhill, now McClelland, I wonder who'll be next.... The email from P&C today;

The sad news has been announced about the future of McClelland and the masses are stocking up before everything is gone. We wanted to give our P&C Faithful an opportunity to stock up on your favorite bulk items before our inventory is depleted. We have McClelland bulks like Vanilla Black Cavendish, Cyprian Mixture, Light Cherry Cordial and much more to choose from that we know you will want to get your hands on. So come and stockpile what you can before time runs out on McClelland!

What a revolt'n development, as Riley would say on the life of Riley. {I date myself}

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I'm still enjoying NET made from Tsuge's "Ryujin". Not for the faint of heart, it's definitely an acquired taste. The sweet Virginias, spicy fire-cured Arcadian Black and smokey Latakia yield a bold NET. Five years ago I wouldn't have given this NET the time of day, would have complained that it's too smokey, spicy and stout but here I am, cherishing every puff. :)

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I'm still enjoying NET made from Tsuge's "Ryujin". Not for the faint of heart, it's definitely an acquired taste. The sweet Virginias, spicy fire-cured Arcadian Black and smokey Latakia yield a bold NET. Five years ago I wouldn't have given this NET the time of day, would have complained that it's too smokey, spicy and stout but here I am, cherishing every puff. :)
Sounds great to me! :pervy:

Reactions: Str8vision

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
4 Noggins

hh.jpg

Last edited:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
It's odd and bit surprising but I haven't extracted many blends from the Mac Baren line of tobaccos. I didn't intentionally avoid the brand, it just worked out that way. I might need to remedy that while the sale is running, assuming of course P&C actually has them in stock, a rather big -IF- with P&C the last few years.

• Agree
Reactions: checkum

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
It's odd and bit surprising but I haven't extracted many blends from the Mac Baren line of tobaccos. I didn't intentionally avoid the brand, it just worked out that way. I might need to remedy that while the sale is running, assuming of course P&C actually has them in stock, a rather big -IF- with P&C the last few years.

Ah, the whole image didn't capture. This is at 4 Noggins, not P&C.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I received an email from P&C today announcing something or another about Mac Baren pipe tobaccos, just assumed it was the same sale. After looking a little closer, P&C is only offering sale prices on Mac Baren's Halberg series of pipe tobacco. Evidently that line is being discontinued by Mac Baren.

Reactions: 67Tele

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I ordered the Pure Virginia from 4 Noggins and then some blenders from Smoking Pipes.

Your Order Details
LR8VSgNYmf4pqY0swYXP0odLCOaAfZ6Ex0xOaDEKDvbYE_oju1GOHhJXaeh3Lkr67aXyLKiIVoXN4sI0aPtTHQhaGUcUB4ASsDHDWUBtEoUafH-KP6E=s0-d-e1-ft
Cornell & Diehl
White Burley
Sku: 005-459-0019 Quantity: 1
Options: 1oz
Price: $2.18
z86GbMJIrCq74xF-lz5TyFqtCUT2dEGO-IHxEXyjb8w-fR2b7tnkxMB7BDMv3BZ0oL3VIgnrTQAMUbJppI3roWIUPeoAOU9UPZsOYZV-VZouX8AdZG4=s0-d-e1-ft
Cornell & Diehl
Red Virginia Cavendish
Sku: 005-459-0023 Quantity: 1
Options: 2oz
Price: $6.06
j6pvf7NeHkEXJ4XPVPtwfkGt2ByPjs_vtKisANzL2flsMcz4xfTG9eMaJGMTAyauHtFSDjE5pBG2B4EdSNZ4TZQ8PEy-reTs1FPTdh-Q_PLdS8GPJj0=s0-d-e1-ft
Cornell & Diehl
Long Cut Perique
Sku: 005-459-0077 Quantity: 1
Price: $7.54
IRMS9aDPzPmdW-br1k5mxbE-ckXUbmbi6MmGMzLqA5x3VClaYOmCACJ56R8UWtwB3TdiXboWVTpLad07-qqIiJnPJXiwZeyqtw7ypf06-6lDHYdX5Rw=s0-d-e1-ft
Cornell & Diehl
Dark Burley
Sku: 005-459-0018 Quantity: 1
Price: $4.11
lK7CAqAivcHsJ7qVM20dHyZkow96CMnaDtTbELkThNgUql2smL21sok1sTwLO-fBeo3vqan2S576abJ-ocSu_wxK5EDf4G4QEE9lpgk9xLluqcDVVLo=s0-d-e1-ft
Cornell & Diehl
Cube Cut Burley
Sku: 005-459-0021 Quantity: 1
Price: $4.00
QtdhpTnzp3nvYC-BqXpcECdawC01V_35THTIEhYwG5b_5CTi7Ow5u2rW7CI3QIf_PbIVhVCe82Sts59XCp0Nt7jTdzdqUB405H4lLm3ZpUC8QcLQaXc=s0-d-e1-ft
Sutliff
507C Virginia Slices
Sku: 005-443-0046 Quantity: 1
Price: $2.74
Yhm_WV-ACynDjA--4yvF6bO1eWtI3TKJoByv6Es0UmH7d1JtbwxkvdvP0juQUkejs1PV8vju_xlivS7U6dnhDkBxp-AjEvGrmUSD8u_zrfUGakwsjF8=s0-d-e1-ft
Peter Stokkebye
Black Cavendish
Sku: 005-005-0032 Quantity: 1
Price: $2.43
jYew0GyEmcmdfjjaUTfAZEZjTPdJUzE9XzuelftKmNrhS2ApZhC0MiCdUruWKhOeDbJJ0FX-oqvBho-rYCiEgdWxXHS4xK71XkSZaZRt1p5S45miA-g=s0-d-e1-ft
Mac Baren
Virginia No. 1
Sku: 005-004-0005 Quantity: 1
Price: $5.69
uen0X964170bsY_3FzGvCM_h8fNdVNXpZqtbmPuOSi3chFgGxfUu8HjotqnOcOMsWkx8wtYTcCJfLTNZX8EQeRREp7pZGEhE663XjS-ECsnWP7_JyEw=s0-d-e1-ft
Gawith Hoggarth & Co.
Brown Cavendish
Sku: 005-001-0070 Quantity: 1
Price: $7.78

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I have been enjoying this extraction for a long time and as recently as all day, off and on, yesterday:

Profile:
tobacco: Latakia, Perique, Turkish, Virginia
Style: English
Room Note: 4 - Distinct
Cut: Ribbon
Packaging: Tin
Country of Origin: United States
Flavor Intensity: 4 - Distinct
Brand: Cornell & Diehl
Less Details
Click the icons below for product information.

Cornell & Diehl Joie de Vivre

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
......Latakia, Perique, Turkish, Virginia......

Definitely fits my flavor profile :) Joie de Vivre is a C&D blend I haven't extracted, I don't even recall seeing this one before. One of their new "cellar series", which are tinned tobacco blends that will reach their peak flavor after 10-15 years in storage. With the FDA's impending nonsense I have to wonder if C&D is hinting at something here... ;) One thing it does tell me; tinned tobacco has a l-o-n-g shelf life.

Reactions: checkum

Boxster

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Buda, Tx
I have been enjoying this extraction for a long time and as recently as all day, off and on, yesterday:

Profile:
Tobacco: Latakia, Perique, Turkish, Virginia
Style: English
Room Note: 4 - Distinct
Cut: Ribbon
Packaging: Tin
Country of Origin: United States
Flavor Intensity: 4 - Distinct
Brand: Cornell & Diehl
Less Details
Click the icons below for product information.

Cornell & Diehl Joie de Vivre
Same tobacco profile as Frog Morton "On the Bayou"
I will have to give this a try.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Definitely fits my flavor profile :) Joie de Vivre is a C&D blend I haven't extracted, I don't even recall seeing this one before. One of their new "cellar series", which are tinned tobacco blends that will reach their peak flavor after 10-15 years in storage. With the FDA's impending nonsense I have to wonder if C&D is hinting at something here... ;) One thing it does tell me; tinned tobacco has a l-o-n-g shelf life.

Try it you'll like it, LOL. I could NEVER wait 10 to 15 years to try this. Especially after getting a whiff of the opened tin....

• Agree

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Damn! Some of my favorites gone forever.:cry:
Mike and Mary McNiel, owners of McClelland, wrote the below letter to friends and customers on February 28th, 2018:
The McClelland Tobacco Company is closing after 40 years.

Well that sux. I have their Mellow Apple 96 I haven't even tried yet (though it is extracted, filtered, and mixed 100ml two months ago). Now I will be sad to even try it. And really sad if it turns out to be a favorite !
Somebody want to explain to this old fart what "Progress" actually means, again ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread