Not open for further replies.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Free Shipping on orders over $79 My Account Help

Home Pipes Pipe Tobacco Cigars Accessories Value Tobacco
Hearth & Home

Hearth & Home is best known for creating tobaccos that are full of flavor, aroma and burning characteristics. Master blender Russ Ouellette has carefully handcrafted each blend and they've been enjoyed thoroughly by our P&C Faithful. One of the all-day smoking bulk tobaccos to come out of the Signature Series is 10 to Midnight. A dark, full Balkan-style tobacco containing bright and matured Carolina and Virginias, a healthy mixture of Turkish and Orientals, and plenty of flavorful, fragrant Latakia. This blend is perfect after a long 9 to 5 day with a nice strong glass of single-malt scotch or bourbon. If you fill your pipe daily with this blend or have always wanted to try it, this is a perfect time. Currently, you can purchase 10 to Midnight bulk pipe tobacco during our Bulk-A-Thon which will give you 15% off your order! Just add the promo code BULK15 to the cart. Best way to stock up on your favorite late night smoking tobacco.

Reactions: Str8vision

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
upload_2018-4-15_17-18-27.png

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I don't know if anyone else has extracted the tobacco called exclusive from C&D, but I'm not finding the strong flavor described bellow. I'll give it more time to soak.

"This is a special treat if you're a real Perique fan. Cornell & Diehl's Exclusive is made with 50% of the dark Louisiana tobacco, balanced by toasty red Virginia, and an especially tame Cavendish. The result is bold and spicy, while being remarkably cool. Definitely not for the faint of heart."

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I don't know if anyone else has extracted the tobacco called exclusive from C&D, but I'm not finding the strong flavor described bellow. I'll give it more time to soak.

"This is a special treat if you're a real Perique fan. Cornell & Diehl's Exclusive is made with 50% of the dark Louisiana tobacco, balanced by toasty red Virginia, and an especially tame Cavendish. The result is bold and spicy, while being remarkably cool. Definitely not for the faint of heart."

I masoned some up with my last batch. Should be ready to filter in June. Im hoping for strong too.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA

I sampled C&D's "Exclusive" a year or two ago and wasn't really impressed with the results. It's one of those blends that should have yielded stellar NET but just didn't.

• Agree
Reactions: checkum

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I've been enjoying C&D's "Constellation" for the past few weeks, good stuff. Before that I was vaping a blend of C&D's "Pirate Kake" and "Da Vinci". The Pirate Kake is too strong on its own but the Da Vinci tones it down while also complimenting the flavor.

I've been looking at various blends and can say I'm glad I extracted the tobaccos I did when I did, many blends are out of stock and have been for months. Can't find Tsuge's "Ryujin" (Dragon God) anywhere for months, wonder if the manufacturer discontinued it. Fortunately, I don't need any but am surprised it disappeared.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I've been enjoying C&D's "Constellation" for the past few weeks, good stuff. Before that I was vaping a blend of C&D's "Pirate Kake" and "Da Vinci". The Pirate Kake is too strong on its own but the Da Vinci tones it down while also complimenting the flavor.

I've been looking at various blends and can say I'm glad I extracted the tobaccos I did when I did, many blends are out of stock and have been for months. Can't find Tsuge's "Ryujin" (Dragon God) anywhere for months, wonder if the manufacturer discontinued it. Fortunately, I don't need any but am surprised it disappeared.

I fully agree with you on trying to find some blends. I also am sad to say some of my favorite blends, when found, do NOT taste the same as they used to! Some, I can tell when opening the package of tobacco, don't even have the same smell. :-x

• Agree

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Str8visionUltra Member, and others looking for Tsuge's Raijin dragon God, try this site. They claim to have some.

Unfortunately, "Raijin" (Thunder God) is a completely different blend from the Tsuge Gods series of tobaccos, the blend I like is "Ryujin" (Dragon God). There are four blends in the series, most vendors carry three of them; Raijin, Gunjin and Fujin but for some reason all stopped carrying Ryujin at about the same time. I don't know for sure but suspect one of the tobaccos Tsuge uses in the blend became unavailable. Fortunately, I have 240mls of condensed Ryujin extract so wont be doing without anytime soon.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Reporting on Gawith & Hoggarth ~ Dark Flake “Unscented”:

This tobacco was cool closet macerated for 8 months in PG. It was given a warm bump start at 125 degrees for 8 hours.

Even after using my usual maceration techniques... I wound up needing to use about 25% in the mix for a suitable vape; usually I need no more than 15% in the mix. Let’s say G&H Black Irish X is at a volume level of 10. This tobacco is basically Black Irish X at a volume level of almost 2. And as far as this tobacco being “Unscented”... there is still a goodly amount of the “Lakeland essence” (tonquin) which stands out.

It’s not a bad extraction, mind you... the overall flavor of tobacco is enjoyable. It just isn't in my wheelhouse of a nice stout-ish Burley/Virginia extract right now. I will say, if I knew that the intensity of this extract was going to be as low as it is... I would have cooked it a bit longer and at a higher temperature.

Oh well... live, learn and pass it on.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Cornell & Diehl "Constellation" and Tsuge "Ryujin", both are robust English style blends.

Ryujin is a Virginia, Perique (Arcadian black) and Latakia blend of tobaccos, so basically a VaPer with Latakia chaser. The fire cured Arcadia black Perique used in this blend is the best I've found and plays well with the sweet Virginia tobaccos. The Latakia adds a depth and complexity most VaPers lack. Unfortunately, Ryujin is very difficult to obtain, its little brother "Raijin" isn't the same.

Constellation is a Virginia, Burley, Cavendish and Latakia blend. Similar to "Mississippi Mud" but far more flavorful, the Cavendish and Burley mesh perfectly with the Virginia and Latakia tobaccos. Outstanding blend that yields both high and low flavor notes, a feat few NETs manage to achieve.

Not for the faint of heart, Constellation and Ryujin are robust NETs. I enjoy these NETs most after vaping them long enough to become somewhat desensitized to their smoky Latakia, only then do the other tobaccos come to the forefront and share the spotlight. I don't need to rotate different flavored NETs throughout the day to prevent flavor burnout, once the Latakia is tamed these NETs hold their flavor day after day. An acquired taste perhaps best reserved for hardcore NET aficionados. ;)

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Cornell & Diehl "Constellation" and Tsuge "Ryujin", both are robust English style blends.

Ryujin is a Virginia, Perique (Arcadian black) and Latakia blend of tobaccos, so basically a VaPer with Latakia chaser. The fire cured Arcadia black Perique used in this blend is the best I've found and plays well with the sweet Virginia tobaccos. The Latakia adds a depth and complexity most VaPers lack. Unfortunately, Ryujin is very difficult to obtain, its little brother "Raijin" isn't the same.

Constellation is a Virginia, Burley, Cavendish and Latakia blend. Similar to "Mississippi Mud" but far more flavorful, the Cavendish and Burley mesh perfectly with the Virginia and Latakia tobaccos. Outstanding blend that yields both high and low flavor notes, a feat few NETs manage to achieve.

Not for the faint of heart, Constellation and Ryujin are robust NETs. I enjoy these NETs most after vaping them long enough to become somewhat desensitized to their smoky Latakia, only then do the other tobaccos come to the forefront and share the spotlight. I don't need to rotate different flavored NETs throughout the day to prevent flavor burnout, once the Latakia is tamed these NETs hold their flavor day after day. An acquired taste perhaps best reserved for hardcore NET aficionados. ;)

Constellation sounds like I need to give this one a try. Thanks Str8vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread