(Brainstorm) The Next Vaping Scandal(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I think it would be a grand idea for us to discuss possible propaganda the Anti-vaping types might throw at us in the near future. Not little stuff, like an individual saying, "they still don't know what's in those things" to any of us. That's for another thread. I'm talking the big stuff, like the THC scandal of 2019. I think we all know that the propaganda machine kicked up another notch in an effort to have the public shun the vaping industry, and ultimately, it's consumers.

What sort of major stories do you think might come down the pike in 2020 or the next few years? I say we discuss it openly. If for no other reason than we know they read this forum and so if one of these scenarios play out, we'd be able to connect the dots immediately.

I'll go first with the obvious. In general, I'm quite certain a story will come out soon regarding a child and vaping. To be more specific, I think it'll be a young child (6 to 10) that will somehow be in danger from personal vaping materials (of a relative). Here in 2020, it'll be then able to frame the Final Guidance at happening the right time, and the need for state's to pass stringent laws that help FDA with enforcement, and prevent youth access to the product(s).

I welcome others input, even if it is conjecture beyond 2020.

Reactions: stols001

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
If a child "(6-10)" gets a hold on ecig equipment/materials/nic, then the parent/s ahould be held accountable and charged with endangerment. That IS NOT a fault of the industry.

Agreed. But I'm really only looking at it from propaganda view in this thread. I'm not trying so much to predict a story that could happen as much as saying I see them going in that direction strategically. Can't deny that I'm certainly suggesting that ANTZ may actually generate the story. Not necessarily orchestrate it (cause, mmmm.... that would be bad), but essentially choose a story that helps make clear why FDA and states need to do everything they can to keep such items away from children.

I can see an uptick in reports if the agenda is to quash smoking cessation through vaping.

That's certainly in their playbook.

Would love to hear any ideas for stories you think could be coming soon / this year.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Weren't we taught to judge by actions rather than words? So what about sponsorship of Tobacco Free Kids by the tobacco lobby?

Your second question is suggesting that could happen? If yes, I find that interesting. But I honestly don't see that happening in 2020. Would be crazy if it did.

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have one (a real one) that I refuse to post or discuss because it would be so horrible for vaping I won't. When the family got it off FB without major media reaction I was SO RELIEVED.

That's kind of what I think of this thread though. WHY give them any ideas? If you have something great, keep it close to your vest or whatever that saying is, etc

Anna

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
That's kind of what I think of this thread though. WHY give them any ideas? If you have something great, keep it close to your vest or whatever that saying is, etc

So when they do use it, we can trace it back here and make it clear that it is a bogus story, rather than waiting months like with THC scandal.

I really wish you'd post the one you mentioned.

• Optimistic

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
IMO it is adding fuel to the fire. Forum members are an extremely small segment of the population that pays attention. Unfortunately the trolls churning out incomplete and/or false info pay attention to our posts. They also use our posts in their studies and data collecting.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So when they do use it, we can trace it back here and make it clear that it is a bogus story, rather than waiting months like with THC scandal.

I really wish you'd post the one you mentioned.
You can't honestly believe this thread will be mentioned if they do use this thread for ideas!

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
You can't honestly believe this thread will be mentioned if they do use this thread for ideas!

I don't think you're understanding the purpose for this thread. I do not expect them to mention this thread. I would hope we would mention it when connecting the dots of how the story emerged.

The intention is to add fuel to the fire. We be at war now.

• Disagree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nor me.

I do not believe you understand how the media works.

"News story debunked by ECF, a small message board that is pro vaping, they said they invented it FIRST so WE are lying...."

It doesn't come across real well, however you want to "connect the dots."

The way to win with the media is not to make up stuff, then claim THEY did. For the love of God,.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread