CALLING ON THE VAPING COMMUNITY TO CONTACT PRESIDENT TRUMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacholiday Dach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Fair enough. But I'm willing to bet that the majority of Americans, regardless of how they feel about Trump, do support it.
Sadly, I think you are correct. I am a regular twitter user, and so many angry people who have no clue about vaping, or flavors. But even some of his haters are praising this move. I am sick and tired of "think about the children" But seriously people on both sides of the aisle vape, perhaps even a higher percent among liberals who once smoked went to vaping as a safer alternative. I am not saying there are more liberals who vape than conservatives, I am just saying that a larger percentage among that demographic probably vape. Does that make sense?

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Sadly, I think you are correct. I am a regular twitter user, and so many angry people who have no clue about vaping, or flavors. But even some of his haters are praising this move. I am sick and tired of "think about the children" But seriously people on both sides of the aisle vape, perhaps even a higher percent among liberals who once smoked went to vaping as a safer alternative. I am not saying there are more liberals who vape than conservatives, I am just saying that a larger percentage among that demographic probably vape. Does that make sense?
I don't know about that. There are way more smokers in the states that voted for Trump (Utah is an exception), than states that didn't. Wouldn't it follow that there are also more ex-smokers (and vapers) in those states too (assuming that liberals and conservatives quit at similar rates) ? Why do you think that liberals are more likely to quit smoking via vaping than conservatives?

adult-map.jpg

Dacholiday Dach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't know about that. There are way more smokers in the states that voted for Trump (Utah is an exception), than states that didn't. Wouldn't it follow that there are also more ex-smokers (and vapers) in those states too (assuming that liberals and conservatives quit at similar rates) ? Why do you think that liberals are more likely to quit smoking via vaping than conservatives?

adult-map.jpg
No that's not what I mean. Say you have a hundred liberals and hundred twenty conservatives who smoke, and 50 conservatives quit by vaping, but 45 liberals quit by vaping. Not that there are more liberals who vape, but that the percentage among just their demo would be higher. I know there are more conservatives who vape and smoked, but even in red states liberals are more likely to have smoked than in blue states. Plus I live in a red state, and I see smokers who complain about sissy vapers. And even now tell me how dangerous vaping is as they puff away on their unfiltered camel.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Washington DC has proposed a sort of medical registration to vape. You would need a prescrption to buy gear and liquid. I guess that would be better than an outright ban.
So that changes vaping from a tobacco product to a medical drug product? The craziness of all this in numbing

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
There is no one in govt making any sense of this, no one.

I was in a Bar once when a bunch of Regulars got in this Massive Bar Fight. So I got up and started Yelling for people to STOP !

One of My drinking buddies leaned in and told me "There's a Time to Stand Up and Plead for Calm. And then there's a Time to Turn and Walk Away."

Right about then somebody I didn't even know Throws a Chair at me. So Me and my Buddy turned, and we Walked Away.

I think that is How a Lot of People feel Right Now.

midficollege

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Texas
Nobody's mentioned it in this thread so far, but do you know who vapes, or at least used to? Rush Limbaugh (he vaped and marketed for one of the companies rebranding and overcharging for the original Lavatube). If there's someone who might be able to convince the President, it's his golfing buddy, right?

Now we just need to explain to Rush (I think he still takes callers?) that it's THC oil additives that are causing the sickness, and not nicotine ejuices.

• Creative
Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread