Contest: Where is this wonderful new location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
OK everyone, I just got off the phone with T a little while ago. She wanted to make the announcement herself, but she does not yet have internet. She still doesn't have land line phone or TV either, but it should all be coming within a few days. She has asked me to go ahead and reveal our winners and her location.

Our first prize winner of $25 is... MSRN, who had a perfect guess!
Second prize goes to... HarmonyPB! This guess landed less than 15 miles from the correct location. HarmonyPB is bringing home $15.
There was a "too close to call" prize as well, because... Erin.R guessed the same place as HarmonyPB, for the second $15 prize.

So where is it you ask? Windber, Pennsylvania! MSRN guessed it exactly. HarmonyPB and Erin.R both guessed Johnstown. I was also surprised to see several guesses that fell within 100 miles, so excellent job everyone. Congratulations to our winners, and thank you everyone for submitting your guesses.

Now, Ms T has arrived there and her last view of Maine was in the rear view mirror. Her family will be bringing the rest of their stuff down within the next couple of weeks but she is staying in PA and intends to get set up as soon as possible to begin creating again. However... even though it was agreed upon that the house would be completely cleaned before she arrived, nothing was done. She is going to have to get her living space somewhat in order before her workspace, otherwise she'll get so busy with work she will never be able to get settled. There is a separate detached building that couldn't be more perfect for her mixing lab. She is very excited about the additional space she will have, which includes room for another mixmaster. She has already selected someone whom she trusts to do it right, and that person's training will begin sooner than I thought. She is not going to rush them though because they will have to learn to do things to her exacting requirements.

So essentially, I do not have an exact reopen date just yet, but I wanted to officially close the contest and update everyone with what I know as of my phone conversation a little while ago. I will update everyone more as soon as I know anything. She's looking forward to getting things rolling again, and just needs to get settled in.

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

adamgdup24

Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
fayetteville Tennessee
I have a vendor about 1.5 hours from.me normally shipping is great but usps is dumb they sent a package for fayetteville Tennessee from Nashville to Philly to Chattanooga and there it sits. So normally its awesome like a day and a half but try not depend on an order because all it takes is one bad scan or one misplace number and u will be without for a few days. I hope u are settling in OK Mrs T I can't wait to order from u once again.

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
I completely missed this contest, but would like to point out my guess of Pittsburgh back on November 19th in this post.

In acknowledgment of my guess, I will humbly accept a pat on the back and/or the first order to ship out when Ms. T reopens. Thank you, and congratulations to the winners! :D

Lol Terex! Your post actually helped me out on determining where 700 miles away could be. And why I didn't guess Pittsburgh. So here you go:

/pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread