Cthulhu RTA Discusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VidGamrJ

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Pittsburgh
I've run into a problem with my Cthulhu recently. It's that nut that screws onto the chimney, it seems like it's skipping threads when I'm trying to assemble the tank. It gets stuck after a few turns. The funny thing is, when I take the tank apart to inspect and test the nut, it works fine. It only seems to give me problems when I'm putting the tank together. Anyone else having this issue? Am I doing something wrong all of the sudden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I've run into a problem with my Cthulhu recently. It's that nut that screws onto the chimney, it seems like it's skipping threads when I'm trying to assemble the tank. It gets stuck after a few turns. The funny thing is, when I take the tank apart to inspect and test the nut, it works fine. It only seems to give me problems when I'm putting the tank together. Anyone else having this issue? Am I doing something wrong all of the sudden?

Those nuts are a little wonky. Make sure you are pulling upwards a tad when screwing it in to keep everything nice and even...seems like one side wants to say a bit usually and screw everything up. I also recommend going slow while screwing it down.

Hope that helps. Let us know if it doesn't.

Reactions: VidGamrJ

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY

I have the same issue and more....sorry to say I retired my Cthulhu as it WAS my favorite tank. Still waiting on the Cthulhu V2!

VidGamrJ

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have the same issue and more....sorry to say I retired my Cthulhu as it WAS my favorite tank. Still waiting on the Cthulhu V2!

I hear ya man, I love this tank but I'm starting to feel like I'm fighting against it rather than learning to use it efficiently. Everything else I build on is easy, then comes the Cthulhu with it's problem of the day. Even so, when I get it set and working, it's great and I don't want to give it up just yet.

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
I'd definetly go for a Cthulhu v2.
Right know it got replaced by the Billow.

The AFC-ring on my Cthulhu is really tight so I have to cover the airholes with my fingers when I refill the tank. And that top refill ring just bothers me. I already cut grooves in it to get a better grip but as soon as the Cthulhu is warm I don't get it open without tools anymore.

I'm not sure if a Cthulhu 2 will come though. It's already kinda hard to find the actual Cthulhu. Not even a hand full of vendors sell it. I sure hope a v2 is coming.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
So I've been using a 26awg kanthal 2.5mm ID build since I got the device and around 35 watts. I'm wondering if I should build with less of heat flux so I can throw a bit more power at it.

What builds and wattage are you fine folks enjoying currently?
I did a 28g ni200 build in it, so probably not quite what you're after.

spawn

Apr 13, 2011
Australia
So I've been using a 26awg kanthal 2.5mm ID build since I got the device and around 35 watts. I'm wondering if I should build with less of heat flux so I can throw a bit more power at it.

What builds and wattage are you fine folks enjoying currently?
Same here. 10 wraps and 39w. At some stage I'll try a 24awg build. Might get a bit more out of it. But tbh it's chucking heaps of vapour so not sure if I need more. I really wish the deck was bigger so I could get a bigger coil in there. Options are limited.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
my Cthulhus are pretty darn quiet considering the airflow, no whistling at all

I do notice on twisted builds that I have the coils right over the airholes the tank gets hot when I vape. I don't get any heat at all from straight 26ga builds, so it must be the mass of wire with twisted builds that makes more heat.
Yes, It will take longer to cool down this heat transfers to the body of the rta. It is residual heat.

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
i have twisted 28ga kanthal, three strands, 2mm, 6 wraps each....comes out to .23, at 35 watts it's really delivering the flavor. it'll go much higher but it's early in the day :)

How high can you push that build?

I was thinking of doing twisted 28, 2 strand aiming for around .3 ohm.

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
the build in mine i can vape from 50 to 60. i just dont remember what build is in there atm.o_O

That's because you've temporarily vapes your brains out! ;)

I want to get some more power in this bad boy for sure. Drop the heat flux as well for longer draws. I'll probably do that when our delrin tips arrive...they departed San Fran last night. Should be with me in LA soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread