The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cthulhu RTA Discusion

Discussion in 'RTA' started by JoshuaC, Apr 27, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Big Me

Big Me Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2014
    England
    Thanks for that. :thumbs:

Right, there are three possibilities.
    One: It's via the air holes. It could be a miniscule amount that's collecting under the AFC ring and flowing down to the base.

Two: Leaking through the bottom fill hole. Is the tiny o-ring still there? If not, you'll need to get some 1mm (cross section) x 2mm (Inner Diameter) o-rings.

Three: Via the 510/ positive pin - especially if you've adjusted it at any time (or if the air holes were drilled too deeply and have punctured the 510 shaft (as has happened with one of mine)

2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I've eliminated 1 and 3, so it must be 2. I have checked the seal which seems to be ok, I will try making it extra tight. I could do with a little torque wrench :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    No more leaks, it was simply a matter of not tightening the fill screw down enough. Thank you @Big Me .

4. Big Me

Big Me Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2014
    England
    You're welcome but I think most of the thanks needs to go to @stormjib as they were the one who suggested making sure the fill screw was screwed down extra tight. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.