Unresolved Status
Apr 27, 2015
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
Cleaned and new coils.... Parallel 26 and 30g, 4 wraps around 2mm bit, ohmed out at 0.3.... Glows almost instantly, hits beautifully.... It's a bit too much for more than like a second pull on it, for me at least.... Might rebuild with an extra wrap to cool it down a bit....
So I must have grabbed 32 instead of 30 on that build....
Redid it with 30 and 26 but went with 6 wraps, it came out to 0.3 and has a delay on the glow compared to the last build and not as warm.... And I can do a longer draw without a burnt taste.... I'm liking it....

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I made my first Claptons tonight and put them in the Cthulhu :). Wow!
I first tried to go 6 wraps of 32 wound on 26g on 2.5mm bits, but they were too big for the deck. 5 wraps worked great.

Can I ask what the resistance was, and what wattage you are running it it at?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Can I ask what the resistance was, and what wattage you are running it it at?

0.34 ohm and 60W is good for me to get the temp I like. I'm sure it could do 100W+, but I would probably drop dead if I vaped like that all day, lol! My quad verticals in the Aromamizer wicked at 100W fine though when I decided to play, but I prefer 60W in that, too. The Aromamizer does have more airflow though.

Reactions: sonicbomb

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I have no idea how you are able to fit that on there. I am struggling with shorts against the chamber with a 2 wire twisted 28 gauge at 5 wraps on 2 mm id.

That should fit. The only thing I can think of is your wire still has some spring in it and the coil diameter isn't holding the 2mm ID. If you anneal the wire before coiling it, you might be able to get a tighter finished coil. What type of wire are you using?

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I have used both kanthal and titanium. I can eventually get it to work, but it takes a massive amount of fiddling. Takes about a minute to make the coiils, and then close to 45 minutes to get them in without causing any shorts.

Next time you coil it with Kanthal, anneal the wire with a torch after twisting it. Twisting it will work harden it and it won't hold the 2mm ID.

For the Ti, before wrapping it I clamp it in an old RDA and fire it at about 550 F a few times. It should turn a straw or purplish color with no white or yellow oxide formation. That softens it up and eliminates it's springiness.

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have no idea how you are able to fit that on there. I am struggling with shorts against the chamber with a 2 wire twisted 28 gauge at 5 wraps on 2 mm id.

I couldn't do 6 wraps for the life of me. I did everything I could to try, but it was a no go. They looked like they fit, but they didn't. The 5 wraps were ok on the first try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread