The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cthulhu RTA Discusion

Discussion in 'RTA' started by JoshuaC, Apr 27, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Wraith504

Wraith504 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    @stormjib So I tried the 3 strand 26 gauge twisted 2mm Id. i did 6 wraps meters on the ipv4 at about .14 I can push it to 75 comfortably. at 80, the vape is much to warm for my liking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stormjib

stormjib Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2014
    California
    i've been hitting mine all day today at 70 watts...but then i went and bought a dmitri mod clone, so i'm waiting for my batteries to charge, lol....i'm more a fan of cthulhu now than ever, since i got the new deck

3. stormjib

Sep 19, 2014
    California
    I let the owner of a local vape shop try my cthulhu today, it was atop a dmitri clone at the time. He said "whoa that thing has a ton of airflow!"..I thought it was funny.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoshuaC
    This message by JoshuaC has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Sep 19, 2015, Reason: unregistered supplier.
    Aug 13, 2015
  5. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    It's a cracking device, all my RDAs have taken a backseat (for now).

6. Wraith504

Wraith504 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    There is one authorized retailer close to me. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  7. rhm3769

rhm3769 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    Huntersville, NC
    Cleaned and new coils.... Parallel 26 and 30g, 4 wraps around 2mm bit, ohmed out at 0.3.... Glows almost instantly, hits beautifully.... It's a bit too much for more than like a second pull on it, for me at least.... Might rebuild with an extra wrap to cool it down a bit....

8. stormjib

Sep 19, 2014
    California
    I just preordered the v2! pretty excited for that two post deck!

9. Deadkaiser

Deadkaiser Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2015
  10. ThunderDan

ThunderDan Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    • Like Like x 1
  11. JoshuaC
    This message by JoshuaC has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Sep 19, 2015, Reason: unregistered supplier.
    Aug 16, 2015
  12. rhm3769

rhm3769 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    Huntersville, NC
    So I must have grabbed 32 instead of 30 on that build....
    Redid it with 30 and 26 but went with 6 wraps, it came out to 0.3 and has a delay on the glow compared to the last build and not as warm.... And I can do a longer draw without a burnt taste.... I'm liking it....

13. sonicbomb

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I set mine down on it's side for a while and it dumped half it's contents on the table. My wicks go down to within about 1/2mm from the bottom of the channels which they fill. I wouldn't have thought this would happen. Anyone else experienced this?

14. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I made my first Claptons tonight and put them in the Cthulhu :). Wow!

I first tried to go 6 wraps of 32 wound on 26g on 2.5mm bits, but they were too big for the deck. 5 wraps worked great.

• Like Like x 3
  15. sonicbomb

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Can I ask what the resistance was, and what wattage you are running it it at?

16. ThunderDan

ThunderDan Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    5 wraps on a 2.5 bit with 26g is generally around .3ohm for me.

17. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    0.34 ohm and 60W is good for me to get the temp I like. I'm sure it could do 100W+, but I would probably drop dead if I vaped like that all day, lol! My quad verticals in the Aromamizer wicked at 100W fine though when I decided to play, but I prefer 60W in that, too. The Aromamizer does have more airflow though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hertigg

hertigg Full Member Verified Member

May 11, 2015
    I have no idea how you are able to fit that on there. I am struggling with shorts against the chamber with a 2 wire twisted 28 gauge at 5 wraps on 2 mm id.

19. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    Smokestack, PA, USA
    That should fit. The only thing I can think of is your wire still has some spring in it and the coil diameter isn't holding the 2mm ID. If you anneal the wire before coiling it, you might be able to get a tighter finished coil. What type of wire are you using?

20. hertigg

hertigg Full Member Verified Member

May 11, 2015
    I have used both kanthal and titanium. I can eventually get it to work, but it takes a massive amount of fiddling. Takes about a minute to make the coiils, and then close to 45 minutes to get them in without causing any shorts.

21. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    Smokestack, PA, USA
    Next time you coil it with Kanthal, anneal the wire with a torch after twisting it. Twisting it will work harden it and it won't hold the 2mm ID.

For the Ti, before wrapping it I clamp it in an old RDA and fire it at about 550 F a few times. It should turn a straw or purplish color with no white or yellow oxide formation. That softens it up and eliminates it's springiness.

• Like Like x 1
  22. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I couldn't do 6 wraps for the life of me. I did everything I could to try, but it was a no go. They looked like they fit, but they didn't. The 5 wraps were ok on the first try though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.