Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Eskie, I'd say repeal of those ambiguous delegations by legislatures enabling FDA and others' interpretive jurisdiction. And I know what will be said…impractical, improbable, impossible. Is that so actually? That we insist our government adhere to its lawful obligation? Or the fantasy of reigning in a moving target of infinitely expanding regulatory interest and authority that much better?

So, we should learn to like what we have. Easy enough. We've been losing that undeclared war on our individual sovereignty for two centuries. And my problem with all this is that legislators insist we abide by our laws, while they don't. What happened with congressional review of the deeming? They failed us.

The crafter's definition of regulation was never to my understanding intended to be as one of ownership, control or design but a balancing of interests and rights. Maybe we roll it back some to begin there in principle.

But suspend the doctrine of original intent in the law or negate it by legislative [or judicial] concession to agency and what remains is the illusion of self-government.

Good luck. :)

So how to we drum up support for an issue which can get rather complicated, pretty fast? With precedents on top of precedents. With not everybody being oriented towards US history (or have forgotten much by now).
I've read some things where they were saying Auer is on life support anyways, but I'm not sure if the same is said for Chevron.

(Also, for the uninitiated (or understandably worn down): Chevron seems to deal with an Agency being able to create their own ambiguous rules, while Auer deals with them being able to interpret their own ambiguous rules. And IMO, how does being able to do both make any sense? And remember - all with little to NO input from the public!)

In that Wiki article, it said "" Justice Antonin Scalia, who wrote the majority opinion for Auer, later stated his regret for writing that decision, calling it "one of the worst opinions in the history of this country" "" - who was right-wing. However, I also read that even right-wing Justice Roberts voted to keep Auer for now. :(

One thing I'm curious about is if CASAA has looked at this pickle were in, and how to educate people about it, if so? Cause it would seem that this would strike at the very heart of them even being able to do these deeming regs, and have further reaching implications than just our own selfish interests (while at the same time very much including our own selfish interests).

(And yeah, I've been fighting Agency garbage longer than you whippersnapper vapers be vapin'. :p Still got fight in me. Not much energy anymore -- but still a bit of fight. :) )

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I was not a big believer in paid political activism until I looked for a part time job before finding a full time one instead.

I could have made a lot of money selling lies to the American public, just by hanging out sweetly with my clipboard and all.

The true at heart ARE working and can't go burn though a lot of the nonsense. I barely have time to write letters I know staffers young enough to be my grandchildren will laugh at.

Anna

CublalaLand

Moved On
Jun 26, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not appropriate

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Removed quote of deleted post

I suppose that a few minutes spent conversing with you will awaken the listener to the merits of your logic and reasoning. Just speaking for myself, I'll pass preferring my ignorance to your awakening.

Last edited by a moderator:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Reminds me of my undergrad days riding the late bus in downtown Chicago.

I feel fortunate in that nothing Cub says reminds me of any experience that I have ever had, but of course, I have yet to receive the enlightening from his/her/its "logic and reasoning". I hope that I never understand what is being written by Cublalaland (a descriptive name) because I fear that I will have gone over the edge.

I do think I have found a second candidate for the "Ignore" option.

CublalaLand

Moved On
Jun 26, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
giphy.gif

What's he smoking/vaping? I'll pass.

CublalaLand

Moved On
Jun 26, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife

CublalaLand

Moved On
Jun 26, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I feel fortunate in that nothing Cub says reminds me of any experience that I have ever had, but of course, I have yet to receive the enlightening from his/her/its "logic and reasoning". I hope that I never understand what is being written by Cublalaland (a descriptive name) because I fear that I will have gone over the edge.

I do think I have found a second candidate for the "Ignore" option.
Now you know where the adage, "Ignorance is bliss", comes from.

CublalaLand

Moved On
Jun 26, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife

CublalaLand

Moved On
Jun 26, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife

CublalaLand

Moved On