Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
So sorry and so many 17 pages late...... but did I post a moob post??

Moi??

blush-jpg.833965

I know you. Didn't you rob a Post Office a few years back in W.London???

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
You're going to see the press get all giddy about reporting the first death related to vaping. Fox is already touting it. Forget what they were vaping. vaping is vaping and that's what killed the guy. Even if it did (which it didn't), I'll take one death vs the millions who have died from smoking.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Those are battery deaths. The press wants vape juice deaths. They're more sexy.
Well, it happened today.

An Illinois resident just died from a mysterious vaping-related illness. It could be the first-ever death tied to vaping in the U.S.

Just one sentence in this article reports use of an illicit, off the street substance in the vape. Most of the articles that I have read so far don't mention the use of the illicit drug.

"In many of the cases, including in Illinois, patients said they used T.H.C products, but did not identify a specific product, according to the CDC.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That's the story I'm talking about.
The only news sources which seem to have done a deeper investigation into this matter seems to be these two:

21 Cases of Lung Disease Linked to Vaping ..... Bought on Street

"...a spokesman for the Department of Public Health wrote that the agency is "working with local public health departments, other state departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to gather more information on patients, and on products and substances used."

The Department is urging people to avoid vaping cannabis products sold by unlicensed vendors."

Dank Vapes Is the "Biggest Conspiracy" in ... That Can Put You in a Coma | Inverse

This death and recent illnesses all seem to share a common theme. The individuals were vaping an illicit vial bought off the street corner with the intent to get "high". Will the health investigators dig deeply enough to determine what exactly was in those vials, or will they stop short and simply say it was caused from "vaping"?

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Pretty damn ironic that vape related deaths are occurring because of people buying street enhanced cartridges with something other than T. H. C., while those states where that stuff is legal may be the only places to buy vaping equipment once the FDA is done. They're contributing to our downfall but may be our only source going forward.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Inverse story has one interesting tidbit of information. The concern in those recreational states is that state taxes make it expensive driving buyers into the gray market. The taxes range from 10-30%. :confused:

That's like nothing compared to the taxes states are looking for from nic related stuff. Imagine, that's taxed less, yet is enough to drive people into the unregulated market. What about taxes as high as 90% proposed (and passed in PA I believe)on vape gear? And, do we now have to specify nic vape gear to make clear what we're vaping?

I got an email from Asmodus 2 days ago touting how their products are good for more than just nic juice, but good for the non-psychoactive hemp product (why can't we just type CBD if it's legal in all states and rightly or wrongly isn't even considered a drug? These contortions for wording gets exhausting) which of course extends to its more popular recreational big brother. So the more manufacturers understandably look to grow their businesses into these other recreational areas, it becomes harder to differentiate who's vaping what which results in whatever.

Besides, despite recognizing that the other stuff seemed to be involved in these cases, they had to bring Juul up and the fact they're being sued in multiple states for marketing to minors. Maybe if all those kids had stuck with non-refillable Juuls in the first place instead of the crap off the street they wouldn't be sick.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The latter.
According to the first link I posted, the Department of Public Health and the CDC are aware that the substances used were illicit.

"The Department is urging people to avoid vaping T.H.C. products sold by unlicensed vendors."

Fingers crossed that they make a public statement saying there is a distinction between nicotine e-liquid and T.H.C. liquid.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
According to the first link I posted, the Department of Public Health and the CDC are aware that the substances used were illicit. Fingers crossed that they make a public statement saying there is a distinction between nicotine e-liquid and T.H.C. liquid.
The truth never stopped the press from distorting it for purposes of their own agenda. We not only fight BT and BP but we fight the press too. I wish I could share your optimism but my view of the press is about bottom of the barrel as it gets.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Doesn't work: crack: pipe* as smack:needle as bullet:gun..

You rang? lol. jk.

I was going to start another one of my crap threads regarding the death I saw in the news today, but wanted to see if it was posted elsewhere first. Ultimately, I've decided against it because, as usual, there's really nothing to say that we don't already know.

cdmcfud

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2009
    Keithville.La.
    With people vaping around the world, how come that sort of stuff only happens to Americans in America.
    I read that saying on one of this forum sites. Thanking about it kind of makes it sound like a plot.
    fake news? Who gains from that sort of stuff? Why do American people need to cause problems for other people that have a different life style?

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    With people vaping around the world, how come that sort of stuff only happens to Americans in America.
    I read that saying on one of this forum sites. Thanking about it kind of makes it sound like a plot.
    fake news? Who gains from that sort of stuff? Why do American people need to cause problems for other people that have a different life style?

Because there's a deep Puritanical streak in America. Smoking, drinking, drugs, are all vices that are beneath the proper behavior of an upstanding citizen (somehow alcohol manages to squeak by after Prohibition turned out to be such a nightmare). If you do have a vice, you should be able to simply stop. If you can't, you lack willpower, and it's a reflection of a weak personality.

Let's not get started on dancing and rock and roll.

As to reporting it used to be whatever sells papers, but these days it's generate views. Which is even worse as the news cycle "value" is shorter than that of print news, so you need to generate ever more "breaking news" to keep the hamster wheel spinning.

Users who are viewing this thread