Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
This article may explain those recent hospital admissions caused by vaping. Read what the local media is not telling us.

Dank Vapes Is the "Biggest Conspiracy" in ... That Can Put You in a Coma | Inverse

“These are just people filling cartridges as ‘Dank Vapes.’ It’s not a singular facility. It’s just people in their garages filling them and selling them.”

Myron Ronay, the CEO of BelCosta Labs, a testing lab in California, tells Inverse that they often see black-market products that contain unsafe levels of myclobutanil — a fungicide. When myclobutanil is heated, it releases toxic fumes, one of which is hydrogen cyanide. Small amounts of HCN are released when smoking cigarettes, but larger doses are lethal. HCN was a major component of Zyklon-B, the gas used in Nazi gas chambers. Unregulated products, like black-market Dank Vapes, have no one checking to see where that line is drawn."

Perfect example as to why you should DIY. Then you know what goes into your vape. Learned that lesson 9 1/2 years ago when trying a Chinese ejuice.......

:)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Perfect example as to why you should DIY. Then you know what goes into your vape.
Or just not buy black market products, a situation that we may be faced with depending upon how the deeming regulations go.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Or just not buy black market products, a situation that we may be faced with depending upon how the deeming regulations go.
True but if deeming gets their way then you kinda are forced to learn or go back to smoking. If you get started now then you have time to learn instead. I like the option of being prepared before being told to play by their rules. Just my 2 pennies

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Last edited:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
This article may explain those recent hospital admissions caused by vaping. Read what the local media is not telling us.

Dank Vapes Is the "Biggest Conspiracy" in ... That Can Put You in a Coma | Inverse

“These are just people filling cartridges as ‘Dank Vapes.’ It’s not a singular facility. It’s just people in their garages filling them and selling them.”

Myron Ronay, the CEO of BelCosta Labs, a testing lab in California, tells Inverse that they often see black-market products that contain unsafe levels of myclobutanil — a fungicide. When myclobutanil is heated, it releases toxic fumes, one of which is hydrogen cyanide. Small amounts of HCN are released when smoking cigarettes, but larger doses are lethal. HCN was a major component of Zyklon-B, the gas used in Nazi gas chambers. Unregulated products, like black-market Dank Vapes, have no one checking to see where that line is drawn."

"Patrick DeGrave’s brother was still in a medically induced coma in a Wisconsin hospital when he spoke to the local news." The comatose brother spoke to the local news? It's a miracle!

Sorry. I try to keep my old copy-editing impulses in check, but they die hard.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
"Patrick DeGrave’s brother was still in a medically induced coma in a Wisconsin hospital when he spoke to the local news."

You're not the only 1 Zazie. When I read that statement in the article, I had an immediate :facepalm: moment, too. Even most of my past 4th-6th graders would've known better than to leave that sentence as written.

Last edited:
i just spoke to a well known shop in Hawaii and asked them what their plan was for next year
and their reply was " wait and see what happens like any regulations to come in we won't know until its in effect"

seems a little heads in the sand, i was hoping for a better answer from them

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Shortly before I moved here in 1998, Hurricane Fran came thru the area and wiped this place out. Power was out for up to a month in many areas. A large majority of generators were useless here because homeowners did not purge old gasoline out of their gens. Varnished up the innards and they could not fire them up. People wised up and converted to propane/NG. It's nice to have fuel options including gasoline. But for many they need to stick with propane or NG because they simply are not going to maintain gasoline quality.

If you search YouTube you find quite a few generator videos and there are lots of people modifying their gas generators with carburetor adapters for NG and Propane. When the power's off the natural gas is up, so that's a great fuel source that never runs out.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London

laugh-hysterically-orlando-espinosa.png

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Conveniently ignoring the fact that in some (most? all? they don't know) the people bought their "cartridges" of illegal stuff on the street. NBCs reporting on it DID include that bit of info. Briefly.

Cases of vaping-linked breathing problems now reported in 8 states, mostly in the Midwest

We all know that they weren't vaping anything close to a normal vape juice. That said, the news will stuff it it all in the same sack and blame it on vaping without asking the hospital labs to identify the contents.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
We all know that they weren't vaping anything close to a normal vape juice. That said, the news will stuff it it all in the same sack and blame it on vaping without asking the hospital labs to identify the contents.

We will never hear news differentiating the two 'types of vaping".
It's going to be all lumped together and people will continue to smoke cigarettes.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Another reply I struggle to refrain to make.. :cool: and please @Katdarling , no more boob posts either, that was a hard one (pun intended?) to not make a snide remark to.. :cool:

So sorry and so many 17 pages late...... but did I post a moob post??

Moi??

blush.jpg

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Learned that lesson 9 1/2 years ago when trying a Chinese ejuice
    ejuice in the first cig-a-like vapes made in China was pretty bad and it was only tobacco flav. back then, tried it too. Now there are few very good manufacturers with a nice set of unique flavors, for example I like some of the Dekang e-liquids with flavors you won't find elsewhere like some nice varieties with ginger and green tea.

Users who are viewing this thread