Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Or the Aussies. One might think that since since they are completely surrounded by a very wide, shark-infested moat, and it is highly illegal to grow your own tobacco, there wouldn't be much of a black market there, right?

If so, you'd be wrong. The black market for tobacco is worth billions of dollars there, which is no mean feat considering that the population of the entire continent/country is only about 25 million souls.
Close to the same size as Canada.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Close to the same size as Canada.
Yup, both have a huge land mass, most of which isn't particularly hospitable, and comparable population density. The difference is that Canada has thousands of miles of mostly unpatrolled border with the US, and we still have some states with fairly reasonable cigarette/tobacco taxes, so at least in principle, smuggling should be easier.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I don't know what Amanda has planned, but I wish her luck. Also, the first vape lawsuit since the PMTA deadline has been filed.

Turning Point Brands Sues FDA, Challenging PMTA Denials

"Turning Point Brands today petitioned a federal court to review the FDA’s marketing denial of its flavored e-liquids. The action represents what could be a wider legal response from the independent vaping industry, challenging the FDA’s effective ban on products in flavors other than tobacco and menthol."

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't know what Amanda has planned, but I wish her luck. Also, the first vape lawsuit since the PMTA deadline has been filed.

Turning Point Brands Sues FDA, Challenging PMTA Denials

"Turning Point Brands today petitioned a federal court to review the FDA’s marketing denial of its flavored e-liquids. The action represents what could be a wider legal response from the independent vaping industry, challenging the FDA’s effective ban on products in flavors other than tobacco and menthol."

Godspeed!

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Yes everything related to vaping nicotine is regulated by the FDA Vapeon4Life. This includes spare glass, batteries, wire, wicking, o-rings, mods, RDAs, RTAs, etc. Anything sold to the consumer in part or in whole which is used for nicotine vaping, requires a PMTA and requires FDA authorization before it is sold.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    Yes everything related to vaping nicotine is regulated by the FDA Vapeon4Life. This includes spare glass, batteries, wire, wicking, o-rings, mods, RDAs, RTAs, etc. Anything sold to the consumer in part or in whole which is used for nicotine vaping, requires a PMTA and requires FDA authorization before it is sold.
    I know everyone has been taliking about it - BUT I haven't heard where they have issued those denials to hardware like they have been doing with the liquids ???

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    No I haven't heard any denials for hardware either. But I bet the FDA are going after the easy stuff first. And they will probably drag their feet until everyone goes bankrupted. So there won't be anybody left to sue them when they deny the rest of them.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Aussies are getting prescriptions online inexpensively for a year's supply at a time, allowing them to legally buy or import nicotine. Since they are used to adding nicotine to zero nic liquid, it's a minor inconvenience for existing vapers. It will certainly discourage anybody from starting to vape going forward.

Another way to kill the vaping market without an outright ban. Zero nic liquids continue to be available though.

What's ironic is that we consumers may soon have no legal access to nicotine in the US while the Aussies have a legitimate pathway. Better than nothing, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread