Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
im invested in British American Tobacco Co. (BTI ticker)

Turning Point Brands on this side of the pond (Ticker TPB). In line to corner the next phase of the ecig market. I've done some research but I could also be quite wrong. It's pulled back since I bought it but not much.

Nothing like crushing the little guy. (Small business)

Deeming/Dooming! Arrrg! :-x

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
It looks like the BBBA is dead, due to Manchin deciding to not vote for it. There's pressure of course, for him to vote in favor of it. Statement by the Press Secretary: Statement from Press Secretary Jen Psaki | The White House (pressure).

But with its demise, that pork added in of the nic tax won't be in this round. That's good news for mixers.
Of course, if you're currently paying 1,000.00 per month for insulin, you may not be happy anyway, even if you do mix.

And we'll have to wait for whatever "round two" will be, so I won't be surprised to see the nic tax added back in somewhere else.

More:
Joe Manchin on Build Back Better Act: He'll vote no. - CNNPolitics

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I don't know if this has already found its way here to ECF, but it's always nice to see someone from outside of the bubble giving anything even close to props...
    Nice video DP. Though, I had to laugh at the end.

Woman: But, what about those reported vaping related deaths?

Dude: I don't know. Maybe someone tripped and fell down while vaping.

:lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Agree and I wish you and Kat Merry Khristmas and a healthy Happy New Year.

Thanks, CMD! A very Merry Khristmas to you too, and I will pass it along to @Katdarling later, when CA catches up to the rest of us. ;):laugh:

Seriously though, wishing you and everyone at ECF a Merry & Happy everything. Keeping up the good fights. :):thumb:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    modified risk tobacco products
    Wait, I thought a modified risk tobacco product had to pose lower health risks?

How on god's green earth does any combustible cigarette qualify for this?

And if it does, it seems to be that every single vapor product for which an MRTP application is submitted should have that application rubber-stamped immediately:

Xrm78pb.png

Then again, this is the same FDA that won't allow a certain virus to be treated "off-label" with commonly available, already approved drugs that have decades of safety data and dozens of studies proving they're effective, but does approve (or at least authorize) a brand new one that's less effective and and far more dangerous.

G35InKi.gif

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Today, FDA authorized the marketing of 22nd Century Group Inc.’s VLN® King and VLN® Menthol King combusted, filtered cigarettes as modified risk tobacco products (MRTPs).

Famous Quote:

"It's Not the Nicotine, Stupid. It's the Smoke that Kills You."

A MRTP Menthol Cigarette. Unbelievable.

:facepalm:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I don't think it's the menthol that kills ya either. ;)

Not say'n that it Does either.

But it seems Counterintuitive for the FDA to sign off on a Menthol MRTP Cigarette in light of recent statements regarding this "most sacrosanct flavor".

“The FDA has taken a historic, life-saving step. Menthol has long been the tobacco industry’s most sacrosanct flavor, responsible for addicting millions of people to their deadly products,” former CDC Director Richard Besser said in a statement. “Banning menthol cigarettes will most assuredly save lives, eliminate great suffering, and reduce health care costs.”

FDA says it will ban all menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    “Banning menthol cigarettes will most assuredly save lives, eliminate great suffering, and reduce health care costs.”
    Horsefeathers. <- At the FDA, not you zoiD.

I spent the first half of my cigarette career smoking menthols. Then I "quit" for a short while. When the cravings got bad enough, I decided to cheat, but only with non-menthol cigs, which I had always detested; I figured there was no way I could smoke very many of those nasty things. Well, within a week or two, I was back to smoking just as many as ever, but without the menthol. I then spent the second half of my cigarette career with "unflavored" cigs.

And if anyone really wants menthol, I don't think it would be very difficult to mentholate regular cigs.
    Amazon.com : Menthol Crystals

Users who are viewing this thread