Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
The FDA has agents monitoring this forum. They are among us.

Wouldn't surprise me. I know for certain that BP keeps an ear to us. BP used a link to a thread here when they successfully campaigned the FDA to remove warnings about long term use of NRT's that is (maybe was) publicly recorded online in FDA proceedings. I mentioned this quite a while ago on ECF when I ran across it in FDA public records. After the proposed deeming regs came out I searched exhaustively through online FDA public records to use it in a comment to the proposed regs and couldn't find it. Perhaps I just missed it when intentionally searching for it, perhaps not. Unfortunately I had the FDA link saved on my phone which went South before I searched to find it again so I do not know which is the case.

Reactions: skoony

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Again I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to sign this U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products petition. When i first posted the link we were setting at 53,436. It is now up to 53,664 and that is thanks to all of y'all.

We are all in this together and if we don't fight back, Who will? So THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Signed with a positive comment about how vaping has changed my life from an addiction to tobacco to a more healthy lifestyle with ecigs.

mpols

May 3, 2016

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
FDA s just a joke how many dangerous drugs are approved every year...
I'm hooked on pristiq for 3 years and can't lower dosage otherwise I have big side effects. Count other drugs like celebra and drugs that made your heart or brain explode.

Another painkiller dipirone banned on us virtually without side effects but competitor to paracetamol which is dangerous for liver and is number one in us prescriptions. Pfizer set the rules on FDA.

Again I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to sign this U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products petition. When i first posted the link we were setting at 53,436. It is now up to 53,664 and that is thanks to all of y'all.

We are all in this together and if we don't fight back, Who will? So THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
FDA s just a joke how many dangerous drugs are approved every year...
I'm hooked on pristiq for 3 years and can't lower dosage otherwise I have big side effects. Count other drugs like celebra and drugs that made your heart or brain explode.

Another painkiller dipirone banned on us virtually without side effects but competitor to paracetamol which is dangerous for liver and is number one in us prescriptions. Pfizer set the rules on FDA.

I hear that. I am stuck on Remeron. Cannot get off due to side effects. Have been on ativan far too long, also, and have to go on an extremely slow taper to get off. The FDA does NOT care about public health. Period.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
You don't need clean room if everyone is selling various approved, unflavored e liquid. I'd believe most of that is coming from a limited number of sources. There's where the clean room would be required and I'd bet they already exist with the precautions required to handle pure liquid nicotine.
If clean rooms are required to make e-liquid than clean rooms should be required for processing any and
all edible food. Bacteria will actually grow in food. PG/VG,nicotine, flavoring and,distilled water have
little if any nutritional value. PG and VG are anti-bacterial and anti viral.
Making e-liquid is just as easy and safe to make as Kool Aid in your own kitchen with out
any objective fear of causing any kind of contamination unless of course it is due
to gross negligence or deliberate malfeasance. Making a cake is more complicated
and requires the added step of using a hot stove to complete the process.
This clean room talk is pure ANTZ propaganda designed to make it appear e-liquid
is dangerous to make,handle and use. Mixing e-juice has zero chance of hurting
ones self unless one falls into an industrial mixer or a 55 gallon drum of PG
falls on you. If you spill e-liquid on yourself,clean it off. If you mix ammonia
and bleach together,prepare to die.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I see that they are recommending the Cole-Bishop amendment rather than HR 2058. Is there a link to urge our representatives to support the amendment?

Link was to the taste your juice posting of the Vapor Technology Association's official initial reaction the the FDA regulations.

My doctor has been on board with my vaping since 2010 when I started. I explained the concept to him and he was amazed. He checked into vaping and subsequently put pamphlets in his office urging his patients to consider vaping as a way to quit tobacco cigarettes.

He's also impressed that my recent lung Xray shows a normal, clear and clean result after vaping for 6 years. I smoked for over 40 years. Apparently, vaping has allowed my lungs to rid themselves of the tar and residue deposited by smoking all those years.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Cigarettes are killing 480,000 people in the US every year. That's the equivalent of two to three Boeing 747's going down every day. Vaping has the potential to reduce that by 95%.
Please correct me if I am wrong but, doesn't a 95% decrease in a known cause of
harm reduce morbidity (the onset of disease) 95% ? The mortality (causing actual death)
rate should be significantly lower due to the fact the the damage caused is lessened
to the point where either the body heals itself naturally or there is not enough damage
to result in actual death. Of course complications may arise from time to time but,
generally is this not true?
:2c:
Regards
mike

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I am a chiropractor who doesn't vape or smoke. The Royal College of Physicians report is a major tool to change our minds. Personally my mind changed a week ago when a patient told me about it. I urge you to download and print the full report and give it to your doctors and health professionals, telling them your personal stories. Nicotine without smoke: Tobacco harm reduction

Cigarettes are killing 480,000 people in the US every year. That's the equivalent of two to three Boeing 747's going down every day. Vaping has the potential to reduce that by 95%.

People who vape are still a small segment of society. Non-vapors/smokers don't understand you. They are confused and think it's the same as smoking. At the same time most of them have loved ones that they care about who smokes. They know the dangers that smoking is doing to them. They are afraid and worried about their loved ones. Educating them on the RCP report and how this technology can add years to their loved ones lives is another tactic to change public opinion. Give these people the key recommendations for the report (linked above with the report) or a positive article on it.

First, Welcome to the forum.
Second, it's VERY nice to see a doctor on here in support of vaping.

:)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
OK, I'm tuning out for the rest of the night.

This has been an epic 9 year adventure, but it seems that it's all coming to a close. Very sad days indeed.

We knew this was coming, but now it has, I can't quite believe it.

These Chode, Twot, Numpty, Spanner, Muppet, mothers at the FDA will not stop us.

As a great man once said "When the government acts against the common good of the people then the only recourse of the people is civil disobedience." We will vape on. It will be hard but we will vape on!

TheHook

May 6, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have lurked here for a long time. Figured I'd come by and vent also.

I don't mix liquids, I have no clue how to make a mod. I'm just a simple girl who uses her vape pen and has been smoke free for two years now. I buy everything for vaping online from Halo. This whole situation disgusts me, I will never go back to real cigs, I plan on being at zero nic now within the next few months (I'm down to 3mg now) because I would rather die than ever smoke a real cig again. But there are millions out there like me, who will probably be forced back to cigarettes. Such a shame.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hi Guys,

I don't mix liquids, I have no clue how to make a mod. I'm just a simple girl who uses her vape pen and has been smoke free for two years now. I buy everything for vaping online from Halo. This whole situation disgusts me, I will never go back to real cigs, I plan on being at zero nic now within the next few months (I'm down to 3mg now) because I would rather die than ever smoke a real cig again. But there are millions out there like me, who will probably be forced back to cigarettes. Such a shame.

Welcome to the forum, Hook. I hope it doesn't come to that. Still much more to be done in this war. :)

Tucsonbroker

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Had an interesting conversation just now with a supplier of liquid nicotine. I was placing an order for 5L of 100mg and I asked them if they had seen a spike in sales. They did not see a sales spike like they were anticipating, perhaps because the regulations had only been out for 24 hours.

We talked about what the market might look like in a couple years, and he seemed to think it would mirror the "accessory" market from a decade ago before the legalization laws of CO and medical use of other states began its momentum. Back in the day, smoke shops would still sell pipes and accessories because there were dual purpose use. He seemed to think that atomizers had a dual use because of scents like cinnamon and ground flowers. I'm not sure if the large companies like Kanger will even bother making such products, but if they did there is potential for them to still sell to the US market as long as they have another use and are not being purchased for tobacco use.

I know it has been 24 hours since the regulations appeared, but I think vapers as a whole need to sign as many petitions and be active in the legal arena. That said, plan B for me is to continue to fill my stockpile.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
People, we will continue to fight and hope for the best but we must be prepared for the worst. After you have had a few days to digest this info, come on down to the DIY section and learn how to mix. "They" know that they really can't stop hardware but they can stop the flow of commercial Nicotine sales. No doubt this is where they will strike first. Learn to DIY and stockpile Nic. as it is your best defense.

If any of you out there have an entrepreneurial bent and feel strongly enough about this travesty to be moved in to civil disobedience, there will be a pretty penny to be made when the deeming becomes official and the price of "approved" juice soars to the point of being magnitudes greater than smocking.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
One way to defeat these regulations is to stack the FDA with people who will reel them back in. Stacking the FDA is done only one way....through the POTUS. So ask yourself given the two presidential candidates running. Who is more likely to reduce or eliminate these regulations....Trump or Clinton?

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
Hi Guys,

You're the type of person that the FDA/Politicians needs to hear from, that should be involved politically, now and even after your get to 0 nic/stop all together. You're not on the extreme side (like me and many others here) and can demonstrate exactly how these onerous regulations will negatively affect the general public.

Users who are viewing this thread