Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I don't think either Presidential candidate is concerned with vaping at all and will probably have little to no effect on our future. The only people who have a likely chance of pulling our bacon from the fire is congress or a judge. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy.
Well, that would overlook the power of an administration. If the next DHHS secretary wants those regulations rolled back, diluted, changed, neutered or whatever then it matters who the next president is.

Reactions: DPLongo22

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Reactions: MacTechVpr

GunMonkeyINTL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
NC
A few hours ago I pretty much said everything you said and I got accused of being hoodwinked by the Democrats and quoting Emerson. :)

I'm pretty sure that guy was drunk. But, he is your brother in this. Upright him an point him at the enemy.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
Well, that would overlook the power of an administration. If the next DHHS secretary wants those regulations rolled back, diluted, changed, neutered or whatever then it matters who the next president is.

Which candidate has mentioned vaping or ecig regulations? I agree a President can effect change through cabinet appointments but is it even on either ones of theirs radar? The fact is that they can force change but I've not seen either one imply any intention of doing so.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Which candidate has mentioned vaping or ecig regulations? I agree a President can effect change through cabinet appointments but is it even on either ones of theirs radar? The fact is that they can force change but I've not seen either one imply any intention of doing so.
I haven't either. So I am left to surmise. Here is what I surmise and anyone can agree or disagree. Makes no difference to me. If Hillary gets elected the FDA regs stay as written. She has never seen a regulation she didn't like that I know of. If Trump gets elected, I'm not certain but my guess is he'll go along with anything his DHHS secretary tells him (as it relates to vaping). He simply doesn't care enough to make a stand one way or another. But I'm guessing (again) that he'll appoint someone who will be pro vaping. Bottom line, I feel vapers stand a better chance of neutering these regs under Trump than I do Hillary. I still think odds are pretty good Ben Carson will be running the DHHS if Trump is elected. In lieu of knowing for certain, this is what I surmise.

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm sure most everyone on this thread is familiar with this OUTSTANDING documentary...

Well, here is a brief version that you might have better luck getting others to watch...

Having said that, if you can get people to watch the full version, definitely do so.
I declared it to be mandatory viewing in my house.

Which essentially means I made my wife watch it.
:laugh:

Last edited:

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I haven't either. So I am left to surmise. Here is what I surmise and anyone can agree or disagree. Makes no difference to me. If Hillary gets elected the FDA regs stay as written. She has never seen a regulation she didn't like that I know of. If Trump gets elected, I'm not certain but my guess is he'll go along with anything his DHHS secretary tells him (as it relates to vaping). He simply doesn't care enough to make a stand one way or another. But I'm guessing (again) that he'll appoint someone who will be pro vaping. Bottom line, I feel vapers stand a better chance of neutering these regs under Trump than I do Hillary. I still think odds are pretty good Ben Carson will be running the DHHS if Trump is elected. In lieu of knowing for certain, this is what I surmise.

I appreciate your optimism but my confidence will continue to only be in my freezer and mod stash.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
There is no D & R anymore, it's "We the people" against a tyranical overreaching government. The Gov are the ones who who would like to keep us all in small groups fighting with each other, it keeps us side tracked while they come up with the stupidity that is the Deeming regs. We have to keep going at them from all sides.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
T
I'm sure most everyone on this thread is familiar with this OUTSTANDING documentary...

Well, here is a brief version that you might have better luck getting others to watch...

Having said that, if you can get people to watch the full version, definitely do so.
I declared it to be mandatory viewing in my house.

Which essentially means I made my wife watch it.
:laugh:

Thank you for the update. The short version with interview is a great recap.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
That's because it's not in the bill as it was written. It's an amendment to the original language of the bill. It starts on page 7 (of 40!): http://appropriations.house.gov/uploadedfiles/hmtg-114-ap00-20160419-sd004.pdf

Talking about comparison House to Senate Bills. Senate(Version) has no Amendment attached.
A Breakdown of the Senate’s Annual Food and Farm Spending Bill | National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition

The House Appropriations Committee approved their bill several weeks ago, which means the next step in the process will be floor consideration and debate by both chambers, followed by negotiations to settle differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill.

Interesting process of Congress.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
The funniest one I've heard so far...

Random Person: I'm allergic to smoke, so you can't use that near me.
Me: It's not smoke.
Person: Well whatever it is I'm allergic to it.

:facepalm:

Mind you this was outdoors, and I wasn't very close to this person to begin with. Also I am a Tootle Puffer, so no huge clouds from me!

I would have told this person that I'm allergic to her/his existence and that they needed to leave. I'm a little sick of everyone else having rights but not us. In fact, I'm also sick of all of the "politically correct" crap. If everyone has rights, then we do too. Period.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I found a local article discussing Johnson's letter to the FDA. Which didn't add anything new to the convo. Until I read the comments...omg they are hard to read. Not a single comment in favor with what he is doing.

Johnson asks FDA if it considered job losses in issuing e-cig regulations
quite a few people responding in the article spent their 15 minutes of cyber fame,, showing just how ignorant they are...........geez,, i hope they didn't breed the last thing our country needs is them x ####

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Ask yourself. Does he stand a chance of winning? I have no problem with anyone voting on principal. None whatsoever. But they also need to know what their vote counts for.

Actually he does. In a very unlikely but plausible scenario. What if momentum were to build "just enough" for Johnson to somehow actually pull off a win in a couple swing states...and also pull votes away from both Clinton and Trump...and make it impossible for them to get 270 electorals?

Then the nomination is decided by the House. Who do they vote for? GOP controlled house would commit political suicide by giving it to Clinton...and it's a way out for giving it to Trump. The Senate could nominate a GOP VP and the House could give the POTUS to Johnson.

It sounds insane but it's hypothetically possible. And this election has been pretty much insane since the beginning. I ruled Trump out the second he announced.

I know politics arent supposed to be talked about ITT. But the regs issue is political unfortunately. My State is as blue as the ocean. Doesn't matter who I vote for. The Electoral votes are going to the Dems no matter what. I voted for Johnson in 2012 and I will again. If we really are unhappy with the current 2 party lesser of 2 evils choices then only way for a 3rd party to become a legitimate threat is to make them a threat in the polls. This won't happen in one cycle or even 3. If it doesn't start somewhere we can complain all we want about the status quo but since we aren't trying to change it then complaining about it is pretty weak and useless.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
FDA says they dont oversee the cosmetic industry UNLESS they add colors......hey,, seems like 0 nic ejuice could be called a skin care product scented with strawberry

Color Additives and Cosmetics

Ahem...;)

Bill Would Require FDA to Evaluate Chemicals in Cosmetics for the First Time Ever

“The goal is to give somebody who buys a product, eventually, the knowledge that there’s nothing in that product which in five years can cause you cancer or can disrupt your endocrine system,” says Senator Feinstein.

Users who are viewing this thread