Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
To be truthful, the other things (combined) in cigarettes addicted the smoker. The nicotine wasn't the addictive chemical in the equation. There is still no definitive thing that can be pointed towards but the MAOI's in tobacco could be the major culprit.

Nicotine that we use in ecigs, do not contain the MAOI's. That's why some have to use WTA to help them stay away from cigs. Nicotine, on its own is just not quite enough to help them quit smoking.

Robino, you missed the humor! ;)

Reactions: Robino1

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Nicotine, on its own is just not quite enough to help them quit smoking.

Yep, missing those other elements makes getting completely off of cigs very hard for some... I remember the last ones I dropped were the morning and after meal ones... Had a hard time vaping through the cig drive at times...

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
But they;d have to regulate cigarettes. That won't happen. And they can't arrest you for soaking some cigarettes in PG , adding flavor, and vaping it.
They've already regulated cigarettes. They regulated that BT can't make changes to existing cigs without applying for PMTA or SE. Remember, they need to keep cigarettes on the market. Cigarettes serve several purposes: 1) Keeps people sick so that BP can sell the drugs to 'make people well' (keep them alive to feed them more drugs); 2) Keep the TSA money going to the coffers of the miscellaneous governments (be they local or federal); 3) Get more (younger) people hooked so that the cash cows don't dry up completely.

Robino, you missed the humor! ;)

:oops: Ooops! Sorry 'bout that. :laugh:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
But they;d have to regulate cigarettes. That won't happen. And they can't arrest you for soaking some cigarettes in PG , adding flavor, and vaping it.
You cannot extract much nic from tobacco by soaking it PG. Tobacco flavors, maybe. But you won't get enough nic that way to be at all effective.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
You cannot extract much nic from tobacco by soaking it PG. Tobacco flavors, maybe. But you won't get enough nic that way to be at all effective.
Any good links to extraction processes that wont blow up the garage?

Reactions: seminolewind

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Any good links to extraction processes that wont blow up the garage?
Maybe Rossum knows or has done them!
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana

Okay, so what about Snus? Don't people suck a lot of nicotine out of them? Oh wait a minute. The snus nicotine seeps thru the skin into the blood. The juice gets spit out.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
There's really nothing much more to say than BT wants their nicotine to continue to sell as usual- the way it is, and they want our nicotine put on hold or squashed. So now you see how they and the FDA are working things out. Grandfathering, etc.

I went back and read the whole Nicovape brief or rebuttal. This is not about gadgets or juice. Just nicotine. And we are saying that we should have the right to vape nicotine as smokers get to smoke nicotine. The rest is really splitting hairs. Inhaling PG is still used in some respiratory treatments. We bathe ourselves in glycerine. This whole thing is one big obvious blatant joke. It's just the nicotine brings in a fortune and god forbid anything step in the way.

Somewhere I read that about 2021, as the sales in the past 10 years have shown, the sale of vaping products will exceed the sale of cigarettes.

Did anyone ever mention that the tobacco industry was originally built on the backs of slaves? I think BT should have to amend that just like giving Indians back their lands.

Did you know that nicotine is extracted out of tobacco leaves during it's processing and added back in at specific amounts.

Reactions: Bea-FL

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
Sitting in my car vaping and look up and see I am parked right by the American Lung Association. This building is huge and in Baldwin Park. So I am sure it costs them a fortune. It makes me sick how many people support them when they obviously could care less about the people they are supposedly trying to help. I tried to upload the pic but it says it is too big. It is huge and looks like a county courthouse.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Most all products have Beta Testers, not just vape products, which if only ONE was sold to a tester for $.01 prior to 08/08/2016, I am thinking it would qualify, even if 1000+ more were on pre-order, just my thought. :rolleyes:
I agree to the extent that even if one was sold to a beta tester that particular iteration
of the product would meet the cut off date. I am not aware of how beta testing was and or,is done
in the e-cigarette industry. In other industries most notably the software industry beta testers
get the product for free as a remuneration for their testing. Then there is the issue of design changes
between the beta and official version. Any changes would make it a new product.
This was sold on 8/7/16 and the sale was captured on a very public Face site. No new production has been made on them...... yet.
ERM250pic_zpsxmuuvaby.jpg
My best guess would be since it is not in production it is not on the market.
It will be interesting to see how the FDA reacts. Perhaps there policy of assessing
the rules on a case by case basis will have some reasonableness. At least from
our point of view. I am not going to hold my breathe but,.... .
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Actually no, the agents and dealers' cuts are not part of the agents costs ( how can your profit be part of your cost ? ),

I only mentioned the agents/wholesalers cuts - what they take from selling - not as part of their "costs" :facepalm: That has to be figured into the total cost as well.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't available mean on hand ready for sale?
IMHO pre-sale,prior advertising or,go fund me projects do not mean available on the market.
As much as I hate the phrase "what a reasonable person would assume" because the FDA
loves it so much I think whatever the product was it would have to be in physical form for sale prior
to 08/08/2016 for one to reasonably assume it meets the FDA requirement. Even if it was
just one unit sold and the rest went on back order should be sufficient. My reasoning is
considering the pre-sale fiasco's from the past,if a product is in a category with out any
guarantee it will even leave production and get to the market how can one claim it was
on the market? At best it could be said it was advertised to be on the market at a future
date but,you can pay for it now. I am sure the FDA means that date means prior to 08/08/2016.
:2c:
Regards
mike

The 60w radius and new HOH Zna have already been sold prior to the 8th. Zen sold some at a vape con and to dealers to demo and provape was selling 60w radius to vendors at least a few weeks before it went to public sale.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Don't know if this has already been posted but excerpt from CASAA:

Now that Congress is back from summer recess, four new cosponsors have added their names to HR 2058. If you live in the following districts, please take a moment today to say "thank you!"

Mike Coffman (R) CO-06
    John Moolenaar (R) MI-04
    Markwayne Mullin (R) OK-02
    Randy K Weber (R) TX-14

snork

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2011
    CO
    Don't know if this has already been posted but excerpt from CASAA:

Now that Congress is back from summer recess, four new cosponsors have added their names to HR 2058. If you live in the following districts, please take a moment today to say "thank you!"

Mike Coffman (R) CO-06
    John Moolenaar (R) MI-04
    Markwayne Mullin (R) OK-02
    Randy K Weber (R) TX-14
    It's about time somebody around me showed a *little* bit of sense.

Users who are viewing this thread