Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I did try everything else though, gotta say my "best of the worst" is those nicotine lozenges, but I can't say I enjoyed them OR that they made me quit. I save them for airplane flights and etc.

I never tried Chantix or patches, but I did quit smoking for a year using the lozenges. My lungs felt great, my stomach not so much. After several months of continued use, I had frequent severe abdominal cramping and ......... I finally went back to smoking. I would still consider using them for short term use such as long flights, or maybe in countries where vaping was fully banned as well.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The best way to learn about it (IMO) is to go sit in civics and history classes from around the world,

As far as our history goes, I've found reading the actual words of the founders (and those who came later) is more helpful (but harder) than reading the 'acclaimed historians'.

I got much more from reading 'The Adams Jefferson Letters: Complete Correspondence...' and 'The Republic of Letters' (3 volumes) between Madison and Jefferson, than reading say, 'Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power', by Jon Meacham (a collection of "popular" spins and lies) or Dumas' 7 volume biography of Jefferson.

And it is like ecigs - want to know about them? Read this forum rather than someone who has never smoked a cigarette or have vaped anything.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
vaping works because of the vapor. The presence of smoke or vapor is more than half of the habit. That harmless vapor replaces harmful smoke, was an "intended consequence" of the creator of ecigarettes.

The "unintended consequence" was that anti-smoking groups didn't embrace them immediately. The reason why, is that those anti-smoking groups had become more interested in their own survival, through contributions and gov't grants, than the survival of the smokers, and potential smokers they originally intended to help.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the natural evolution of "consumer/people/"victim" protection agencies", whether they are privately funded or gov't funded.

Agreed, I have yet to see any advocacy group go out business saying the goal was reached.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
nicotine lozenges, but I can't say I enjoyed them OR that they made me quit. I save them for airplane flights and etc.

Also handy for airplane flights...and "We Confiscate All E-Cigarettes" hospitals...Nicotine Pouches...

ON! Nicotine Pouches

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Also handy for airplane flights...and "We Confiscate All E-Cigarettes" hospitals...Nicotine Pouches...

ON! Nicotine Pouches

I have never seen a "confiscation" hospital (at least for visitors) and I have never been checked into a hospital myself.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I have never seen a "confiscation" hospital (at least for visitors) and I have never been checked into a hospital myself.

Well Scott...you must be lucky enough to live in a "vape friendly" city...(and fortunate enough to be young enough and healthy enough to have not, yet, been admitted to a hospital)...:thumbs:

ALL the hospitals in Pittsburgh are "We Confiscate All E-Cigarettes" hospitals...patients and visitors...

I have just very recently run across Nicotine Pouches...but in 3 admissions during the past 2 years...I've had no hassles vaping White Cloud Flings...

(And...if they'd ever confiscate one...I'd only be out $4-$5.)

Shop Fling Disposable E Cigarettes | White Cloud

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Well Scott...you must be lucky enough to live in a "vape friendly" city...(and fortunate enough to be young enough and healthy enough to have not, yet, been admitted to a hospital)...:thumbs:

ALL the hospitals in Pittsburgh are "We Confiscate All E-Cigarettes" hospitals...patients and visitors...

I have just very recently run across Nicotine Pouches...but in 3 admissions during the past 2 years...I've had no hassles vaping White Cloud Flings...

Sorry to hear G. That is sad.

Good luck. :)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

Wait they confiscate and KEEP it?!!?!?

Oh an yeah I am in Houston Texas. They don't even search us here. You can smuggle in pretty much anything. Food, drinks, vapes, booze, just don't get caught with some of those things.

Reactions: gerrymi

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

Would they commit an assault to enforce their policy? I never wanted to own a hospital but I might like it. I can see it now. Man denied care after refusing confiscation by hospital. Man seeking care assaulted by nursing staff and guards to forcibly remove e-cigarette from his possession, taken to the emergency room.
If I were counsel, I think I would recommend taking that policy back for further review of the intent and wording.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Would they commit an assault to enforce their policy? I never wanted to own a hospital but I might like it. I can see it now. Man denied care after refusing confiscation by hospital. Man seeking care assaulted by nursing staff and guards to forcibly remove e-cigarette from his possession, taken to the emergency room.
If I were counsel, I think I would recommend taking that policy back for further review of the intent and wording.

See I was thinking the opposite, that if they tried to take my $150+ setup, they might end up glad they work in a hospital.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
See I was thinking the opposite, that if they tried to take my $150+ setup, they might end up glad they work in a hospital.

I would prefer to inflict economic pain upon the administration who wrote the policy rather than physical pain on the staff left to enforce the policy.

Users who are viewing this thread