Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Sorry to hear G. That is sad.

"Sad"...because I was admitted to a hospital 3 times...and Made It Out Alive???

Or "Sad"...because all the hospitals in Pittsburgh are ""We Confiscate All E-Cigarettes"???

[One my admissions was for a "beating irregularity" in my heart. I was hooked up to a cardiac monitor while they played around with various drugs/dosages to get the rate/rhythm under control.

I asked the cardiologist (who didn't know that as soon as he left the room and closed the door...I'd be pulling out my Fling and going back to vaping normally):

"I love nicotine/vaping...and from what I've read vaping has no effect on cardiac arrhythmias...but if...IF...it did..wouldn't it be wiser to try to control my rate while I'm vaping since I'll be vaping as soon as I leave this hospital?"

He said..."No!"...and left...:shock: ]

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the deal they'd probably work in a hospital is they "confiscate" your e-cig and when you ask for it upon exit, they'd tell you it's "lost" and probably one of the staff members is vaping it off hospital grounds, across the street.

I have to say the "no smoking/nic" on hospital grounds is.... pretty morally questionable, and I know the security guards hate it when they have to send some grief stricken family member packing. I do understand the "in the hospital" part if there's vapor, but the rest of it, not so much.

As far as I'm concerned, hospitals are one of the most fatal places on earth, (other than maybe Native reservations) and it's like, the BEST place to smoke.

Alas, our fair governess of AZ did not feel the same way. She's not the governor anymore, but pretty much don't have anything with nicotine on you anywhere on the grounds of a hospital in this fair state.

Anna

• Optimistic
Reactions: gerrymi

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
"Sad"...because I was admitted to a hospital 3 times...and Made It Out Alive???

Or "Sad"...because all the hospitals in Pittsburgh are ""We Confiscate All E-Cigarettes"???

[One my admissions was for a "beating irregularity" in my heart. I was hooked up to a cardiac monitor while they played around with various drugs/dosages to get the rate/rhythm under control.

I asked the cardiologist (who didn't know that as soon as he left the room and closed the door...I'd be pulling out my Fling and going back to vaping normally):

"I love nicotine/vaping...and from what I've read vaping has no effect on cardiac arrhythmias...but if...IF...it did..wouldn't it be wiser to try to control my rate while I'm vaping since I'll be vaping as soon as I leave this hospital?"

He said..."No!"...and left...:shock: ]

Glad you made it G. No fan of hospitals. Been in too many of 'em. Mostly following after others thankfully. It's a shame life has to be any harder on any of us 'cause of the vape.

Hang tough G and g'luck. :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
ALL the hospitals in Pittsburgh are "We Confiscate All E-Cigarettes" hospitals...patients and visitors...
Is there some law that allows them to do this? 'Cause if there isn't, that's outright robbery. As a privately owned public accommodation, if you bring something legal that they don't approve of, they can ask you to leave, and they can call the cops to charge you with trespassing if you refuse to leave, but "confiscate" your personal property? I don't think so!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Is there some law that allows them to do this? 'Cause if there isn't, that's outright robbery. As a privately owned public accommodation, if you bring something legal that they don't approve of, they can ask you to leave, and they can call the cops to charge you with trespassing if you refuse to leave, but "confiscate" your personal property? I don't think so!

Well Ross...I suspect you're 100% correct...

But...as a very wise fella' I ran across in a forum somewhere signed...“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”...:thumbs:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Well Ross...I suspect you're 100% correct...

But...as a very wise fella' I ran across in a forum somewhere signed...“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”...:thumbs:

Robert A. Heinlein "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress."

Quoted by MacTech

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I think they're talking about the sane smokers who won't try Chantix. I wouldn't. I did try everything else though, gotta say my "best of the worst" is those nicotine lozenges, but I can't say I enjoyed them OR that they made me quit. I save them for airplane flights and etc.

Anna

I’m not able to use Chantix since I’m diagnosed w bipolar 2 so that never was an option. I guess it can cause a lot a emotional problems. Tbh I never tried any of the others either although I spent a lot of time looking at the boxes of patches lol!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Mooch just mentioned possible regulations on batteries on his live stream. Is there any information on that? A quick schnoodle search didn't spit out anything useful on the FDA site apart from this video

teaching you how to report battery incidents to the FDA...

Not sure what Mooch was referencing? Because I didn't hear His live stream.

But I imagine that the CPSC will be involved to some degree. If not, the Majority degree.

Dueling Interests at CPSC and FDA “Deem” E-cigarette Battery Safety a Priority | Retail & Consumer Products Law Observer

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    ..as a very wise fella' I ran across in a forum somewhere signed..
    A member here has that as their sig. I've had the same sig (which I use here and several other forums) for more than a decade now. It is very meaningful to me, and I will continue to use it for quite a while longer. When, and each time, I see that other sig, I get quite close to 'sig change' land.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... In your linked article it seems a bit of a clusterfrig between agencies, not sure if that's a good or a bad sign.

Hard to say how thing might shake out when Government Agencies get into a Turf War?

Might Prolong things until whatever is going to happen happens?
    Might start a Regulation Race to see who can Out Regulate the Other?
    Might just be Nothing but shared Regulations?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I did not try Chantix either, I have bipolar type 1 and all my psychiatrists told me to keep smoking, I (and possibly my loved ones) would live longer! LOL. I did almost quit the first time I started Welbutrin, but it was too easy, so I went back to smoking and the next time I took Welbutrin (I took it as an antidepressant, not for smoking) well, the quit effect works ONCE (if you are lucky). ONCE. I always tell people that, every time you take it again, the "hate cigarettes" thing fades. Although WB can also mess with your head pretty severely, with some folks.

I didn't try hypnotism because I am unhypnotizable. We had a training at one of my jobs once and I was a guinea pig. I didn't want to lurch out of my chair and say, "This isn't working, and I am "making up" the visions you are telling me to recite," kinda felt it would be rude. LOL. But everything else, I have tried. Vaping works! FTW.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread