Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

And if I were to grab my ankles, you'd all be watching and making dirty memes. :blink:

On a (MUCH) more serious note, I am grateful to the bits of me who saw fit to make a plan way back in 2014 -- to stock up on beloved vape gear and protect myself, my family and loved ones.

Do I heartbreak for the smoker?

You guys know I do. :(

I tried to stockpile, however, my nephew just keeps taking and taking my hardward. I don't DIY juice and I should really try. I did attempt it once and it was an utter failure. I'm just praying so hard for these regs to change!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I tried to stockpile, however, my nephew just keeps taking and taking my hardward. I don't DIY juice and I should really try. I did attempt it once and it was an utter failure. I'm just praying so hard for these regs to change!

Sounds like the regs are the least of your problems.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I've had the same sig (which I use here and several other forums) for more than a decade now. It is very meaningful to me, and I will continue to use it for quite a while longer.

Well somd...I agree that your sig is quite pithy..."If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."...

It coincides with my long held belief..."Expectations affect perceptions"...

Reyth_

Oct 15, 2017
I for one, am DEFINITELY going to prepare! In fact, my first perparation is to make my list of things I am thankful for Thanksgiving 2018:

1) I am so thankful that there are so many vapers these days that it can be a taxed item
2) I am also very thankful that Gov wishes to protect me and my family with various Acts & Measures
3) I am thankful for corny posts

Good day!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Well somd...I agree that your sig is quite pithy..."If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."...

It coincides with my long held belief..."Expectations affect perceptions"...

I like, "If a situation is perceived as real then it is real in its consequences".

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

You need to get one of these to swat a certain nephews grubby hands.

flip-flop-fly-swatter-on-white-background-picture-id183783120

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
FDA regulating batteries, that's going to be be very difficult due to the numerous other consumer uses for them. You know like RC, Drone, Flashlights, etc. In any case if they somehow get away with it there's not only the Black Market but ripping apart drill, laptop and numerous other hand held devices battery packs.

The bought and paid for whores of Big Pharma can try but will fail and fail miserably.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
FDA regulating batteries, that's going to be be very difficult due to the numerous other consumer uses for them. You know like RC, Drone, Flashlights, etc. In any case if they somehow get away with it there's not only the Black Market but ripping apart drill, laptop and numerous other hand held devices battery packs.

The bought and paid for whores of Big Pharma can try but will fail and fail miserably.

JMO

But I believe when the FDA talks about Regulating Batteries, they are Referring more towards Built-In Battery Mods, Pod Mods, and Cig-a-likes more than they are talking about Regulating Battery Cells like an 18650.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
JMO

But I believe when the FDA talks about Regulating Batteries, they are Referring more towards Built-In Battery Mods, Pod Mods, and Cig-a-likes more than they are talking about Regulating Battery Cells like an 18650.
We shall see, but never underestimate the greed and thirst for power that is Government.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
that's going to be be very difficult
Not really they can just forbid ecigs with replaceable batteries. Sure there's going to be some black market action and guys with lathes are going to be your best friend (well until maybe steel gets more expensive) but vape shops won't be able to sell them and you'll probably not be able to import them (if customs find them).

I'm not sure it's only about internal batteries, in the video on the last page it sure seems they're also collecting data (i.e. accidents) about replaceable batteries.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Not really they can just forbid ecigs with replaceable batteries. Sure there's going to be some black market action and guys with lathes are going to be your best friend (well until maybe steel gets more expensive) but vape shops won't be able to sell them and you'll probably not be able to import them (if customs find them).

I'm not sure it's only about internal batteries, in the video on the last page it sure seems they're also collecting data (i.e. accidents) about replaceable batteries.
How about the RC, Drone and flashlight devices? If they ban 18650"s for Vaping ya just buy them from flashlight sites.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
How about the RC, Drone and flashlight devices? If they ban 18650"s for Vaping ya just buy them from flashlight sites.
I recently bought one of these:

husqvarna_120i_1.jpg

Check out this snippet from the manual:

DZ75zd9.png

Can you say "twenty high-drain 18650s" ? 10S 2P. :vapor:

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I recently bought one of these:

husqvarna_120i_1.jpg

Check out this snippet from the manual:

DZ75zd9.png

Can you say "twenty high-drain 18650s" ? 10S 2P. :vapor:
It's not coming up on my phone.

I'll also add that our regular trusted sources like liionwholesale.com, imrbatteries.com, illum.com all they have to do is post a not for Vaping notice. Not much will change if the FDA attempts to control batteries.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It's not coming up on my phone.

I'll also add that our regular trusted sources like liionwholesale.com, imrbatteries.com, illum.com all they have to do is post a not for Vaping notice. Not much will change if the FDA attempts to control batteries.
My point is just that even if some regulatory agency forbids the sale of loose cells, there will still be a way to get them, and while the normal advice is: Don't use cells from a laptop pack (because they tend not to have a very high CDR), these packs use known good-for-vaping cells.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
How about the RC, Drone and flashlight devices?
Have you read what I wrote?
They all would be completely unaffected if e cigarettes with exchangeable batteries were prohibited. Those couldn't be sold in shops then and importing would be harder (or a lottery like in the EU).
They don't have to do anything to the battery market, in fact they would only regulate a "tobacco product", which a mod is.
You could still buy all batteries but you won't be able to buy a mod to put them in. You would only be able to buy mods with internally installed fixed batteries.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
You could still buy all batteries but you won't be able to buy a mod to put them in. You would only be able to buy mods with internally installed fixed batteries.
Many of us have already have enough removable-battery mods to last several lifetimes. :D

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Yes, veterans won't be as annoyed. Some already have a supply that would last for many lifetimes.
It's about new vapers and what the vaping scene will look like in the future. It's about small manufacturers and custom mods. They all would have to use internal batteries and pass the tests that are probably getting imposed along the regulation as well as paying for those.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Have you read what I wrote?
They all would be completely unaffected if e cigarettes with exchangeable batteries were prohibited. Those couldn't be sold in shops then and importing would be harder (or a lottery like in the EU).
They don't have to do anything to the battery market, in fact they would only regulate a "tobacco product", which a mod is.

I don't believe this will have an effect on regulated Mod fan's, not much if anything. Regulated Mod's with Lipos I doubt if the general Regulated Mod Vaper would even notice.

For Mech fans which I am we can just call them flashlights. Plus us Mech fans most have multiple Mod's and most mechanical mods will last multiple lifetimes and are very easy to make if you absolutely have to.

I seriously don't see any reason whatsoever to panic.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
we can just call them flashlights
You can hope. That's what people here thought as well. Then came the regulation and

"electronic cigarette means a product that can be used for consumption of nicotine-containing vapour via a mouth piece, or any component of that product, including a cartridge, a tank and the device without cartridge or tank. Electronic cigarettes can be disposable or refillable by means of a refill container and a tank, or rechargeable with single use cartridges;"

all of the sudden you couldn't call it a flashlight. If it can be used to make an electronic cigarette then it is an electronic cigarette. That's what they achieved here and the FDA will at least take a look at it.
I'm not new to the regulation BS, we in the EU had those exact discussions already a few years ago with all the same ideas on how to evade the potential regulations.
Now there's wire with a nicotine warning on it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread