Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Screw 'em! I roasted beans in a 15 dollar hot air corn popper for two years before my wife took pity on me and gave me a coffee roaster for christmas. With a little practice in the garage you can get a pretty good cup of joe. Only problem would be that I buy my beans from California.
I had a co-worker at a previous company who's hobby was roasting, that is the only thing I missed working there. His coffee was absolutely devine.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Eating.jpg

vietnamweaselcoffee2.JPG

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I just don't get it does CA not want anyone to have any fun/consume anything/or are they in some league with certain health care companies who are noting the rates of cancer are actually falling or what?

Placebo can be a pretty powerful thing, so any time I get that dang "hazardous to your heath" sticker (although they seem to sort of fallen off, of late, not sure what that's about) I immediately and fully tell my entire system that the sticker is bogus, it's a lie, and I think a lot about that damn video game that promised me "cake" when really all I got was a series of logic puzzles.... Although, I do love logic puzzles so there's that.

I also love vaping (sticker or not) and coffee (sticker or not). 100% cancer free so far. I figure why not harness the power of placebo to MY use, not whatever regulatory agency's use and etc.

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So no sex either??? Jeez.

Also, WTH???? I worked with a population over 50% positive for HIV at that time (can always count on Baltimore) that's not something that needs a quarantine for God's sake. Everything was perfectly fine.

I can admit that I (largely) ignore California (now that I've seen the redwoods) kinda hoping it either secedes (quietly) as you should see how much water it steals from ARIZONA (and we're a desert) largely, that or falls into the ocean or whatever it wants to do (less that, since I do actually care about some of it's residents and human beings generally) but I do wish the State House and some of the Courts would like, fall into a sinkhole or something.

Quarantines for HIV, OMG, it's starting to sound a bit like Nazi Germany and etc. I have no clue how that arose as an issue and I'm not sure I really want to... Although, I did find a wee bit of amusement over the fact that Wikepedia's first word on the topic was PANIC, with a definition. :)

Otherwise, yeah, it appears CA thinks it will do better killing off or "placebo poisoning" a large number of its residents. Holy Goodness, I'd be invoking my powers of "not falling prey to the placebo effect," almost constantly.

I'll take my homeless, my elderly, my snowbirds, the roads and etc. compared to CA. Also, given the choice of CA and Flint, Michigan.... I would move to Flint in a heartbeat.

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, then we need to stop having kids, or at least raise them properly. As far as I'm concerned, being a kid has now been "conscripted" into the propaganda machine, so yes we get what we vote for, but if you do enough "propaganda" on a child, it's going to take quite a few decades to ah, learn some "sense" as it were (if it ever happens).

I'm sort of for raising the voting age to 33 (arbitrary number, based on when Jesus died, but at least by then, a brain is "fully hooked up" and ready to use).... and lowering the age of drinking, vaping, whatever else to 16. The military.... IDK. If we lower the "age" of sin taxes far enough, perhaps the kids can't be used in the anti- wars.

Although then, we'd have sweeping tales of middle schoolers Juuling.

I 100% agree that we get what we vote for, but I feel the Southpark episode covered that adequately.

I will say, one Halloween, my son handed out candy (he was about 14) along with the statement "Happy Halloween... Vote Gary Johnson."

LOL, the families were mostly bemused. It was great. :lol:

Anna

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I 100% agree that we get what we vote for
I agree, but most of the time, the choice is person #1 (bad, don't want), or person #2 (really bad, don't want even more), so we vote for the better one of the choices, but BOTH are BAD choices. :facepalm:

And most of the people in charge of doing the deeming, we don't vote for, they are appointed by the ones we did vote for, with no input from us.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes hence my Southpark reference which really can't be stated, but it was one of their "top 10 episodes of all time" in my book. They were voting for a new school mascot and the two choices were so unappealing, Stan, I think it was refused to vote, and then was tarred and feathered and had to go live with PETA.

So I agree that with two almost as bad as each other choices, well, your "choice" to vote for a third party candidate EXISTS, but the pols did a pretty great job about hollering how "one" side "handed" the other the election by voting third party. It was a shame, IIRC, as that was the first time a "non sponsored" candidate actually hit more than about 2% nationally. So, you'd better believe both sides (and the media) were all over THAT.

Anna

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Why vote for the lesser of two evils?

Vote Cthulhu!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

My vote goes to the Flying Spaghetti Monster...which...given enough inebriation, could be a poor description of Cthulhu...

138d607799af401757f79fe5dde399b5.jpg

I think I see your point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread