Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So they think it's difficult to for consumers to make their own e-liquid...? ...

JMO again.

But I believe the FDA is referring to Nicotine Extraction verses DIY with currently available Ingredients.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
How many people do you think would/could actual do this? Even saying that the "Fix'ns" were available for purchase.

I believe they are thinking about intermediaries taking the raw product and diluting it then selling it to consumers. Not difficult to do or time consuming and make a large profit at current costs.

".....there might develop an illicit market providing the mechanism to do so, ...."

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I believe they are thinking about intermediaries taking the raw product and diluting it then selling it to consumers. Not difficult to do or time consuming and make a large profit at current costs.

".....there might develop an illicit market providing the mechanism to do so, ...."

Could be. Nicotine Mules and Bag Men.

Is it me? Or do others ever just stop and look How :censored: Crazy this is All Getting?

I remember when the BIG Issue is should a person be able to vape in Chilis.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Think add only nicotine, not VG PG etc. That's about as much as I should say "in passing".
I'll say more. Pure nicotine is hygroscopic. The only reason we buy nic diluted with PG or VG is because that's more suitable for vaping than a water-based solution would be, but there's no reason it couldn't be diluted in DW just as easily. Also, most nicotine salts are soluble in water.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Reading the following (coupled with other quotes of him acknowledging that ecigarettes ARE less harmful than cigarettes and the whole "continuum of risk"), it sounds to me more like he is trying to drive smokers to ecigarettes (and other NRT's). The only question is "what kind?". Ecigs are not going away, they may change to a specific design, they may get more expensive, but I don't see them going away anytime soon.

Gottlieb acknowledged that flavorings may have a role in helping some smokers “switch to potentially less harmful forms of nicotine delivery,” which he cited as a pivotal element of future FDA regulations.

"We must make it possible for current adult smokers who still seek nicotine to get it from alternative and less-harmful sources,"

"At the very time I am trying to take nicotine out of combustible tobacco, I don't want to be sweeping the market of products that provide an alternative to smokers who want to get access to nicotine,"

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Is it me? Or do others ever just stop and look How :censored: Crazy this is All Getting?
It's not just you.

But things have been crazy before.

Prohibition%2B(1).jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reading the following (coupled with other quotes of him acknowledging that ecigarettes ARE less harmful than cigarettes and the whole "continuum of risk"), it sounds to me more like he is trying to drive smokers to ecigarettes (and other NRT's). The only question is "what kind?". Ecigs are not going away, they may change to a specific design, they may get more expensive, but I don't see them going away anytime soon.

I Don't think there has ever been Any Doubt that there will continue to be an e-Cigarette Market.

It's that "what kind" question that makes people Nervous.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Could be. Nicotine Mules and Bag Men.

I remember when the BIG Issue is should a person be able to Vape in Chilis.
It's going to get even crazier, remember, they are from the government, and they're here to help ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
And then once in awhile a politician nails it... :laugh:

"We had one hearing. Mr. Zuckerberg sent his lawyer. Very bright, very articulate. Could talk a dog off a meat wagon. But he didn't say anything."

---Sen. John Kennedy, Republican of Louisiana

th

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
Haven't been on in a while. I just received an infuriating article. Florida has an amendment to our State Constitution to ban offshore drilling. They just happened to add a ban on vaping in enclosed workplaces onto it. I do not understand what these two have in common. What a bunch of baloney. A vaping ban has no business being in any Amendment. I am guessing someone with deep pockets put it in this particularb Amendment to make sure it will pass. So frustrated!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
When it comes to career politicians, regardless of party, the votes go where the money resides.

Haven't been on in a while. I just received an infuriating article. Florida has an amendment to our State Constitution to ban offshore drilling. They just happened to add a ban on vaping in enclosed workplaces onto it. I do not understand what these two have in common. What a bunch of baloney. A vaping ban has no business being in any Amendment. I am guessing someone with deep pockets put it in this particularb Amendment to make sure it will pass. So frustrated!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... A vaping ban has no business being in any Amendment. I am guessing someone with deep pockets put it in this particularb Amendment to make sure it will pass. So frustrated!

Cole-Bishop Amendment

;)

But I Understand what you are say'n. :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and to eat out their substance."

“For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.”

The Declaration of Independence, In Congress, July 4, 1776.

Good luck. :)

Users who are viewing this thread