Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Sustained effort? Yes, that would've been nice. I struggle to remember much in the way of effort at all to level the playing field. Feels like Neville Chamberlain helped negotiate some of our most significant trade agreements. Each step of the way, we've opened and expanded markets, but always given more than we got in return.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
:unsure: Where am I? I think I may have wandered into the outside...
Nah, as @Brewdawg1181 already pointed out, this discussion has been entirely civil. ;)

However, it has strayed far from the topic of FDA regulations....

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
That maybe the plan but history tells us it doesn't work that way. Other countries fight back. And why shouldn't they? Free trade works better and bullying with tariffs backfire.

I'd be all for free trade as long as it's free trade. I'm not for Unfair Trade Agreements that are never really free trade. If it's free trade you don't need to negotiate and agreement other than to agree to allow free trade.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
However, it has strayed far from the topic of FDA regulations....

I agree. And while I haven’t contributed much to the conversation, other than a set of eyes to read it...I believe it’s impossible to stay dead center on THIS specific topic, without discussing the fringed edges of this political tapestry...

All of this “stuff” (or at least 90%) ties back into the main topic here, because vile or not, our government is a big hulking machine...and all these moving parts affect the others.

So, while tariffs and trade agreements may not be on the nose here, they will play a big part in what eventually happens to these FDA regulations.

And that’s because it all circles back to money...who is getting paid, who is glad-handing who, and what compromises are being made...ultimately at our expense, as vapers.

Sorry...not trying to argue with you.

Just trying to clarify for anyone who may feel like they need to step in and “bring this back on topic”...

(Also sorry for the extreme use of commas)[/user]

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
it has strayed far from the topic of FDA regulations....

2 Observations:

1. This thread was "ebbing"...there was almost a 1 week lull from the previous post before I posted the article about "Tariffs Battering the US vaping Industry"...

2. The possible effects of BOTH are similar...FDA Regulations => possible increased costs (or elimination) of US vaping products...and...Tariffs => possible increased costs (or elimination) of US vaping products..

:2c:

Reactions: stols001

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
IMG_0781.jpg
I found this interesting that US has had protective tariffs on our our products for years to protect our producers. In 2010 we had a protective tariff on tobacco of 350%. This was to protect US tobacco growers against imported tobacco. So for US to throw a hissed fit and tariff other countries that have protective tariffs is like the pot calling the kettle black. All countries do this to protect their growers. Free trade would eliminate protective tariffs.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
View attachment 759931 I found this interesting that US has had protective tariffs on our our products for years to protect our producers. In 2010 we had a protective tariff on tobacco of 350%. This was to protect US tobacco growers against imported tobacco. So for US to throw a hissed fit and tariff other countries that have protective tariffs is like the pot calling the kettle black. All countries do this to protect their growers. Free trade would eliminate protective tariffs.
Look, we know what side you're on. You made it clear. Time to let it go or go to the OUTSIDE to vent your anger at America.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Look, we know what side you're on. You made it clear. Time to let it go or go to the OUTSIDE to vent your anger at America.
You're right, we've all made it clear. But please, I don't want to have the last word on this one.... :cool:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
You're right, we've all made it clear. But please, I don't want to have the last word on this one.... :cool:
We've gotten away with this topic much longer than normal. It's just a matter of time before the plug is pulled so we may as well self-police and pull the plug ourselves.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Just saw this on social media:

386c5511085e7374075c50d9a84dbcc9.png

671a2c49d0ab5016e09885c37b936989.png

c4000fbe6dbf84f0fadf8c8b812cd789.png

Sad proof that so many people are unaware of exactly what is happening to the vaping industry.

Unless something has recently changed, which I am not aware of, many people think that just e-liquid is considered a tobacco product...

They clearly don’t know the sad story of Provape closing its doors, and why it happened.

Let this be a reminder to educate your fellow vapers, and also family/friends who don’t vape, but who know what vaping has done for you!

(Also, if something has changed in regards to hardware no longer being considered a tobacco product, please let me know! It’s hard for an “average person” like me to decipher the legal language/gibberish being used to over-regulate this industry.)

Users who are viewing this thread