Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The left does have some rather funny (and sometimes very informative) comics who do "politics" and it's definitely a thing now. I would watch John Oliver any day of the week, and he usually does a reasonable job fact checking although of course it's through a lens. Noah what's his face is not funny at all, but to be fair to come after the daily show host prior is a bit daunting. Steve Colbert was also funny but I mean they are roping in people now who just AREN'T or weren't destined for politics like Jim Jeffries, and that really shrill woman who use to be on the Daily show, etc.

Of course, all comics have to be leftist, it's kind of mandatory they are on welfare.

I'd apologize for that joke, except that it's a political joke that is FUNNY much like the late night comics who make such jokes, and would probably steal it if they knew about it.

But it is satire mainly, not politics, although some of them do know some things.

Anna

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Fox news and CNN are both equally full of s**t. Neither one represents anything I'd call a reasonable and balanced perspective on world events. Perhaps I'm just getting old, but my overall perspective on society and what you have the right to do with yourself is ultra-liberal. Having actually made my own money my fiscal perspective is ultra-conservative. By all means, go get a gender re-assignment, for that matter, get a unicorn-horn grafted to your forehead once that becomes possible, but I'm not the one who's gonna pay for it.

I'm not sure what country you're in @englishmick but over here in the states the "left" has pretty much lost all semblance of humor, and if anything, all 27 sexes are incredibly politically-correct, and drowning in teenage-level endless angst. Their self-selected spokespeople and actions, make me completely tune out their message, because it's a bunch of nonsense. Sorry, but I'm gonna go right ahead and speak my opinions, I don't really care if it makes social justice warriors or other imbeciles unhappy.

John Oliver is funny and fun to watch. Most of the rest of the leftist pile are just annoying and bereft of all humor or entertainment value <click> lemme change the channel over to Netflix, because none of this nonsense is making my day any better or helping me relax. Except for NPR. Listening to anything on NPR for longer than 15 minutes is the equivalent of eating 2 Xanax for me, puts me right to sleep.

Speaking of which: the "left's" problems, are entirely self-created. The dems decided Hillary was the answer to everything, without taking into account how many people can't stand her. Had they added Bernie as VP, she would have won by a landslide, because all those millennials who sit n' spin and whine about everything, but never get up off their a** and vote, would've voted for her if she had Bernie.

Instead, we have Donald Trump. And honestly, I can't say he's not the lesser of the 2 evils we wound up having to choose from.

What shows on "TV" do younger people -- or older people like me -- watch? The answer is: pretty much nothing. Stream something off Netflix, Amazon or YouTube, it's infinitely more entertaining. Broadcast TV itself is limping along and if it's not dead yet, that's news to me, because I know almost nobody who watches any of it.

To conclude with a very old cliche: "How do you tell when a politician is lying? -- their lips are moving."

Lets just say your take on the left and right is different than mine.

For some reason right wing outrage doesn't seem to translate into humor. The left does that rather well. You do have to be fun to watch as well as having the right political position to get viewers, especially late at night. Fun being in the eyes of the beholder. And isn't the average age of Fox viewers around 93? Us oldies don't often make it through to midnight. I haven't watched a late night show in years.

You would have to strap me down and tape my eyelids open to get me through a whole hour of Rachel. I find the nonstop outrage of most right wing shows equally grueling. Angry people aren't very good at humor. They take themselves far too seriously.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@schismz I nominate your post for Rant of the Year honors.

well-dang.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Even if Fox and CNN are both full of :censored: doesn't make them useless. Try watching both for awhile and it gives you a pretty good idea of where you stand in the spectrum. If you find yourself scratching your head a lot watching one more than the other then you know what direction you're located. More-so, You can learn what news you are missing when one or both of them refuse to cover stories you think are important to your life. I weight my news consumption both left and right (seeing there is next to nothing down the middle) and also broadcast and in print. Gotta say, I do a whole lot of head scratching wondering who buys a lot of the crap I see and read. You gotta be in an alternate universe to believe a lot of the poppycock they serve up. Additionally, I'm always floored at how much time some of these news outlets spend on issues that affect only a minuscule portion of the population...as if no other stories exist. Reminds me of sports coverage. I swear the only professional golfer is Tiger Woods! :)

But bottom line...news people are at least as seedy as the politicians. As I age, I believe they are worse to the point of being evil!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Didn't Fox news change their slogan recently from "fair and balanced," to something including, "NOT fake news."

I'm so sorry fox, those three words IMMEDIATELY think that you are TOTALLY fake news, just as fake as the rest of them and drawing ATTENTION to it no less is.... I can't even think of a bad enough word. :lol::lol::lol:

I will say if Fox and CNN had it out with each other, gladiator style, in the Emporium, Vomitorium Colosseum wherever they wanted to hold it?

I would watch. I wouldn't be rooting for ANYONE but I'd watch.

We all know Anderson Cooper would win, he's part cyborg and 80% plastic.

I would still watch.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not sure if this has been posted on ECF already, but I just saw this video by Grimm Green who reported that the FDA just funded $20 to Stanton Glance, a widely known anti-vaping advocate, to "study" ecigarettes. I guess we can guess where this study will be heading...

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Not sure if this has been posted on ECF already, but I just saw this video by Grimm Green who reported that the FDA just funded $20 to Stanton Glance, a widely known anti-vaping advocate, to "study" ecigarettes. I guess we can guess where this study will be heading...

:censored::censored::censored:

Good luck. :|

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Unfettered access to smartphones I find a lot more disturbing. And a lot of people see no problem with even 5 year old's having them.

ROFLMAO This guy is TOO much. 8 min video about the dangers of addiction to technology, social media and the constant need to update notifications so you don't miss anything......THEN......"Please click the subscribe button and click the bell so you never miss a new video." Can you say "part of the problem"? TOO FUNNY!!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think you should totally sleep with the devil if you get the chance, but like use protection.

(I do not do hashtags) but, Rosemary's baby.

Come to think protection all the time because I can't remember if the mom actually slept with the devil or it just sorta happened I was too busy thinking, "This movie is gross"

So, (I do not hashtag) Protection all the time.

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That Big Rock just keeps Rolling Down the Hill.

"The FDA earlier this month threatened to ban Juul and four other leading vaping products unless their makers take steps to prevent use by minors. But the warning came after companies introduced a slew of new Juul copycats following the August 2016 deadline with no regulatory consequences.

In a statement to Reuters, the agency said it was investigating whether certain brands are being improperly sold without FDA approval and that it “plans to take additional action on this front very soon.” The agency said it would focus on products with high-nicotine concentrations and flavors appearing to target young people, and take “swift action wherever appropriate.”

The FDA set the August 2016 deadline to rein in the fast-growing industry but allowed sales of Juul and other older devices to continue without regulatory approval until 2022.

The companies that started marketing new devices after the deadline include startup firms such as Kandypens, Myle Vapor and VGOD, as well as large multinational tobacco companies including British American Tobacco Plc and Imperial Brands Plc."

Special Report: Juul copycats flood e-cig market, despite FDA rule | Reuters

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
So just name your flavors "laxative", "rheumatism ointment" and "early bird special" :lol:

it seems their focus is still on the POD type systems
It's hard to make out if they will limit their actions to that or if they'll use that to go after everything else as well... I mean VGOD isn't known for their pods...

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So just name your flavors "laxative", "rheumatism ointment" and "early bird special" :lol:

It's hard to make out if they will limit their actions to that or if they'll use that to go after everything else as well... I mean VGOD isn't known for their pods...

Those ideas beat naming your company "Vapes4Kids". :lol:

I don't profess to be Nostradamus and they may go after real mods down the line somewhere, but for now their focus seems to be more on what teens are actually using.

Users who are viewing this thread