Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Ya know, with as many people that have left the Trump administration, I think it's this ......'s time to go. Better yet, do away with the whole frickin fda. The rx's they allow on the market are not safe, every week it seems we have another food recall so they're flubbing up that too...heaven forbid you try to treat yourself with a natural supplement...

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They do seem to be more and more concentrating their fire on pods. Doesn't mean they won't move on to other kinds of gear later though.

Seems that is where the Most Media Attention is right now.

But you are Correct, I Don't see the FDA turning a Blind Eye to other products being sold just because the aren't a juul-a-Like.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Targeting most all the major closed systems...waiting for the highest bidder to get approved and handing them a monopoly perhaps?

I think it is more PR Damage Control on the part of the FDA.

The FDA has been getting a Black Eye by the Media and some select Members of Congress lately. And the 8-8-16 New Product date is Pretty Unambiguous.

The Political Winds have also Shifted. And there is a Very Real Possibility that the Appropriation Funding for next cycle will be determined by a Different Political Majority.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
FDA advances investigation
Pretending to be surprised that there may be non-approved products on the market is just bad acting. To my knowledge there isn't a single approved PMTA for vape stuff and by definition they bloody well know that without any investigation. Just look into your empty "approved PMTA" folder, investigation done.
What a bunch of clowns.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Pretending to be surprised that there may be non-approved products on the market is just bad acting. To my knowledge there isn't a single approved PMTA for vape stuff and by definition they bloody well know that without any investigation. Just look into your empty "approved PMTA" folder, investigation done.
What a bunch of clowns.

Perhaps you Misunderstood what the FDA is Doing?

They aren't investigating if there are Non-PMTA items being sold Illegally. They are looking into New Products being sold that were Not on the Market prior to 8-8-16. Which by my count, seems to be a Lot.

Including the Mod I am holding in my hand Right Now.

LOL

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
They aren't investigating if there are Non-PMTA items being sold Illegally. They are looking into New Products being sold that were Not on the Market prior to 8-8-16.
Isn't that kind of the same? New items after 2016 all need a completed PMTA before going on the market, so if there are no approved PMTAs that would be a big hint.
The ones that were sold before the 2016 date have that extended grace period - but how many of those are actually still sold and not in a museum?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm sorry but something about the "forceful steps" quote just tickled my fancy. I mean WHO talks like that??

I will take a "forceful step" into your rear...

FDA, even while I hate you, you can be so charming at times, kind of like dating someone with multiple personality disorder you just never know what's going to happen next but you ALSO know whatever it is, it's going to be shockingly unpleasant and you know that somewhere in there is the "dominant personality" that knows ALL but also.... You are never going to have a chance to converse with that person UNTIL said person is leaving, with half of your stuff and you're laying on the floor rubbing at your head, going "Wait.. what just happened?"

Anna

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Isn't that kind of the same? New items after 2016 all need a completed PMTA before going on the market, so if there are no approved PMTAs that would be a big hint.
The ones that were sold before the 2016 date have that extended grace period - but how many of those are actually still sold and not in a museum?

It is Actually a Big Difference. Because I can Legally Sell an e-Cigarette without a PMTA today as long as it was sold in a US Market prior to 8-8-16.

An example of this would be JUUL. I believe they were sold Prior to 8-8-16. But Most, if not just About every JUUL-a-Like, wasn't.

Suomynona

May 10, 2018
There's 1 solution to shut the FDA up... let all kids start to smoke until they're of legal age and then they can try to stop smoking with e-cigs. Let them first .... up their brains and bodies to try and undo the damage after a couple years. What a bunch of #$%^&*!!

How stupid can they be? Whether it's tobacco or e-cigs or drugs, the ones who are going to try them are going to try whatever is available, legal or not. It's part of growing up, of puberty, of exploring the limits of life. Some kids go through these phases, others not, but there will always be those.
Making things illegal doesn't stop people from doing it, it only encourages them more to do it. History is there to prove it.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

On Re-Reading what I posted...

"They aren't investigating if there are Non-PMTA items being sold Illegally. They are looking into New Products being sold that were Not on the Market prior to 8-8-16."

You are correct. It is about the Same Thing. My Wording was Poor.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It is Actually a Big Difference. Because I can Legally Sell an e-Cigarette without a PMTA today as long as it was sold in a US Market prior to 8-8-16.

An example of this would be JUUL. I believe they were sold Prior to 8-8-16. But Most, if not just About every JUUL-a-Like, wasn't.
And that would include all the Juul clones.

Juul asks regulators to stop 18 companies from selling lookalike e-cigarettes

As many as 30 companies in China are making clones of the JUUL and selling them on EBay. Yet JUUL is getting the majority of the blame for teen use of e-cigarettes by the FDA.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
"We’ll take forceful steps to stem the youth use, even if our actions have the unwelcome effect of impeding some opportunities for adults."

Gotta love them........
If by love you mean hate (I dunno, it could be opposite day somewhere), then sure...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
And that would include all the Juul clones.

Juul asks regulators to stop 18 companies from selling lookalike e-cigarettes

As many as 30 companies in China are making clones of the JUUL and selling them on EBay. Yet JUUL is getting the majority of the blame for teen use of e-cigarettes by the FDA.

Just Me...

But I worry More about B&M's and Major Online Retailers when it comes to Post 8-8-16 Products.

Because just like a Retailer can Loose the Ability to sell "Tobacco Products" for a period if they Sell a Tobacco Product to a Minor. They can also Loose the Ability to sell Tobacco Products if they Sell "Illegal" Tobacco Products to anyone.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Exactly, you're gonna find the older ones under a layer of dust or in the %SALE% tab.
Granted some B&M in rural areas may still have stock from 2010 :D.

If I had to, I could use Only Pre 8-8-16 items. And I could get by.

But it is like Buying a Bigger Computer Monitor. Once you do, it is Very Hard (if Not Impossible) to go back to a Smaller one.

Users who are viewing this thread