Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
There's a Greek Guy who believes he does, and claims an earlier priority date on a European patent
Can't find it. You got a link to that?

Edit:
there's no shortage of applications (all Chinese or Korean though) but I can't seem to find an actually approved patent.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
There's a Greek Guy who believes he does, and claims an earlier priority date on a European patent. ;)

Yeah... Years ago I was involved (as someone who Contributed to the Design, Not as a Creator) in a Patent Pending Dispute.

About all I'll say on it is that it was Surreal.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Oh it's in the media when it happens
flashlight explodes - Google Search
and even before LiIon was a widespread thing
CDC - NIOSH Publications and Products - Exploding Flashlights (97-149)

But it doesn't look like smoking
BrokeBack.png

It also doesn't look current. Which means nothing, obvi. Just noticed the dates and thought, hey, I'd like to post in this thread. ;)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Can't find it. You got a link to that?
Not handy at the moment. At one point, he did cite a patent number, and may have posted a link, but that was several years ago and will take me digging to find. I'm not even gonna try this late, on the wee tablet I'm using right now.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Patents are terrifying things. I mean.... My dad was the VP of this little company that got the patent on "gene therapy" by being the race to like, do the first gene therapy experiment that was successful. That means every genetic test, every genetic therapy, they have to pay for the privilege (which IMHO opinion, that's not something that should be patentable, but it is.) Companies were doing CRAYZEE stuff to get there too. They company finally did whatever it was called when you put your shares on the open market and Merc (I think it was) swooped in there like a shark and just SLURPED up that company as if it were a surfer....

I always think "is this fair" and much of the time I think "not really" but people get WACKY about patents. Like the company that made "safety" baby outfits with squeakers on the knees so you could "always hear your kid" they spent money on a patent. :lol::lol::lol: I always felt sorry for the (singularly rare) baby who'd have to deal with that at the playground it's a good thing they don't talk that coherently at that age, they would've been teased mercilessly, heck, if I had ever SEEN one anywhere I would have made epic fun of the "parents," like "Do you lose your watch frequently and are you trying to make this kid a target for dogs," kind of stuff.

Anna

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Patents are terrifying things. I mean.... My dad was the VP of this little company that got the patent on "gene therapy" by being the race to like, do the first gene therapy experiment that was successful. That means every genetic test, every genetic therapy, they have to pay for the privilege (which IMHO opinion, that's not something that should be patentable, but it is.) Companies were doing CRAYZEE stuff to get there too. They company finally did whatever it was called when you put your shares on the open market and Merc (I think it was) swooped in there like a shark and just SLURPED up that company as if it were a surfer....

I always think "is this fair" and much of the time I think "not really" but people get WACKY about patents.

This is what I love about China and other 'loose canon' type of places. They couldn't really care less about that garbage.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK I think a case could be made either way.

I feel that same disgust about franchising it gets harder and harder to find "good" original restaurants.

Patents are not going away but unless you are just a huge player with lawyers on retainer constructed entirely of teeth, well, patents are going to get broken all the time. Unless you have the money to enforce it draconianly your best bet is to just make an incredible product and then not outsource it.

I tried a Kabuki clone for about 10 minutes, it was dreadful. I like to think it was harder for the Chinese because it's made in the USA, they had to reverse engineer it etc. That's always harder.

Seriously don't get a Kabuki clone, well unless you never plan on getting the original they are not even remotely the same.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh My :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That was worthy of the onion.

I particularly care for THIS quote from the article: "I guess I just went a bit OTT with it."

You think? REALLY? LOL I guess if you are uh, cavalier enough to inhale your DRIP TIP you arc chill enough to admit "I guess I just went a bit OTT with it."

I can see it now, non removable drip tips are gonna be the new standard.

This brings up the question, "How do you idiot proof something?" and the answer is always the same.

a) you just CAN'T and b) the Darwin awards.

I believe he deserves an honorable mention although he can't actually win one since he did seek medical attention.

Anna

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
But that kills creativity and ingenuity. And then all you get is cheap crap. :(

But then that brings to mind something like how Intel produced almost no innovation until AMD came out with the Threadripper. And NOW finally Intel is no longer resting on their laurels and becoming worthwhile again.

You also got people living on things like meager disability incomes that can't usually afford much under normal circumstances (the monthly benefit). So people that can afford it may still get Intel, but the people that can't may get AMD. Naturally, there is always going to be crossover cases - such as me getting a massively decked out Threadripper system, from the back benefits. :banana:

And let's face it, vapes aren't exactly rocket science here. :) It can get to the point of sheer pretentiousness, sometimes - far surpassing any R&D costs.
So points may be made either way.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
But then that brings to mind something like how Intel produced almost no innovation until AMD came out with the Threadripper. And NOW finally Intel is no longer resting on their laurels and becoming worthwhile again.
So how did AMD violated Intel's patents? Funny I don't recall AMD doing this at all. o_O

You also got people living on things like meager disability incomes that can't usually afford much under normal circumstances (the monthly benefit). So people that can afford it may still get Intel, but the people that can't may get AMD. Naturally, there is always going to be crossover cases - such as me getting a massively decked out Threadripper system, from the back benefits. :banana:
You know when I was younger, I used to say something dumb. As I used to say buy cheap and often. But as I got older and added up how much buying cheap and often really costs in the long run and it just ain't worth it. All you do is to dig yourself into a hole.

And speaking about AMD, I really don't like them. Sure I have a few computers with AMD in them, but I didn't have much of a choice. And every AMD computer I have has been flaky at best. And the majority of them suffered an early death. :(

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There is absolutely nothing wrong with treating your erectile dysfunction while also vaping, I'm not seeing a problem here, especially since (in a fascinating move) docs started using this stuff on women not feeling very frisky in general. I see no problem here. Apart from the fact that it is TOTALLY incorrect, but even if it weren't you could make a selling point out of it. :D. Move along.

Anna

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
There is absolutely nothing wrong with treating your erectile dysfunction while also vaping, I'm not seeing a problem here, especially since (in a fascinating move) docs started using this stuff on women not feeling very frisky in general. I see no problem here. Apart from the fact that it is TOTALLY incorrect, but even if it weren't you could make a selling point out of it. :D. Move along.

Anna
I just wonder if the stuff actually works via inhalation.....

Users who are viewing this thread