Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
Not as long as the media remains complicit and I think that is the major hurdle we face.

Indeed. The media is not to be trusted to report the truth. Notice how investigative reporters are becoming extinct.

The majority of those that would otherwise try vaping to quit smoking will know absolutely nothing about the black market. All they'll know is there are limited choices available from Big tobacco.

Bear in mind, the ECF membership is a very small minority when compared to the entire vaping community world wide. And the majority of those who use electronic cigarettes aren't using the advanced mods and atomizers.

This is too true and with so many vape shops not informing their customers is a great disservice.It's going to effect a great many vapors before they even realize what is truly in the fda regulations.

Reactions: DC2

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
I was just discussing nicotine with my husband last night. Even though I've mentioned to him before that it doesn't seem to be as addictive by itself as we have always been told, he still looked at me as if I had two heads. I think he thought I was buying into some tin foil conspiracy theory. Like @englishmick it took me a long time to accept that nicotine might not be that addictive on its own, even though my work in biology research was with two proteins that work synergistically, so I that concept makes perfect sense to me. It also took me a really long time to accept that smokeless tobacco was indeed less harmful than combustible tobacco, because that fact has been swept under the rug so effectively.

It is all these additional chemicals they put in the cigarettes that is so harmful and also to keep people addicted.

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
Removed quote of video

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Very good interview with the reg watch reporter. Just have to go past the first few minutes of the cursing turdlettes to get to the grown up section. LOL. They do a really good job with this interview.[/QUOTE]
There it is AGAIN! At 47 minutes another jab at the VTA. I am really starting to wonder what THEY know that we do not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
Just pure speculation here but I'm convinced BT knows exactly what those additives are and exactly why cigs are addictive but nic alone is not.

Of course they know, they do it on purpose. That's why I eventually RYO. But it seems now that is covered in the deeming as well. If I'm wrong someone correct me please.

Also, can you imagine all the additives they will add to their ecigs? I hate to even think about it. :sneaky:

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Of course they know, they do it on purpose. That's why I eventually RYO. But it seems now that is covered in the deeming as well. If I'm wrong someone correct me please.

Also, can you imagine all the additives they will add to their ecigs? I hate to even think about it. :sneaky:
We really don't know what they put in cigs. It is interesting that FDA wants "better" labeling on juice but the TCA resulted in enforced stripping of anything useful on cigs. No labeling tar and nic content. They can't even label regular or light. All BS.

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
I feel very confident that any number of cigarettes could not make me want to smoke more than vape. That's after just under 3 years smoke-free.

Similar situations as yours are apparently common on ecf, as well as situations similar to mine. Mine is very comforting and reassuring. I feel very well protected from relapse. Smoking a cigarette would likely reinforce that feeling. For me. And for some other vapers.

That is not to say I can't relate to your situation, which is similar to when I tried other methods of quitting. I was in danger of full relapse from just one drag of a cig, and I knew it (but kept wanting to deny it.)
I was vaping full time for ONE week when I had to have a cortisol test done you know stress hormones. Well I told the tech I had just quit smoking and was vaping he told me to smoke for the next three days until I took the test. So the results wouldn't be skewed. So I smoked for three days, took my test, went home, gave the smokes to my neighbor and KNEW that I was finally FREEEEEEE.

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
I think vaping is allowed in Oz, but sale of liquids with nicotine is banned. AFAIK, consumers are allowed to import nic liquid for personal use, and I think there are limits on how much they can order overseas at one time. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Vaping is permitted for now, but liquids containing nicotine are illegal to sell. While it is legal to import liquid nicotine from overseas suppliers for personal use (with no restriction on amount or strength), it is illegal to possess in all states. So as I stated about 200 pages ago, people who vape with nicotine in Oz do so illegally (although, that is not enforced by the police ATM).
No Guns, soon No Smokes and Sharks Guarding the Waters........Free, nope, Still a Prison colony:ohmy:
You forgot to add no mass shootings either. But, I thought this was a vaping forum ;)

Last edited:

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
I don't think they were all that worried at the time.

And yeah, the rapid innovation probably caught them a little off guard.

A little ?

Doubt it.

BT's got millions upon millions to spend in R&D. I'm sure they got it down to the last molecule.
But they aren't telling. And they don't have to either. Their labs, their research, their results.

And all they can come up with is puny cigalikes ?

Sorry, not buying it.

You see, that billion lives the movie talks about - most of them will be in the third world, with little or no access at all to medical care. Dead people don't compete for dwindling resources...

Reactions: ENAUD

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Vaping is permitted for now, but liquids containing nicotine are illegal to sell. While it is legal to import liquid nicotine from overseas suppliers for personal use (with no restriction on amount or strength), it is illegal to possess in all states. So as I stated about 200 pages ago, people who vape with nicotine in Oz do so illegally (although, that is not enforced by the police ATM).

You forgot to add no mass shootings either. But, I thought this was a vaping forum ;)
More or less shootings was not my intent. Then again it is Rare to have mass shootings in a Prison.
My point is, the more governments Remove Rights without the actual consent of its people, the less they represent their people and the more they become a self perpetuating corrupt machine. If this is not seen in OZ :thumb: in the US it is Rampant:nah:
I'd rather see the Public/Charities and Government Focused on this,
CDC Finds Troubling Rise in Teen Suicide Method
Than worrying if some Teens are choosing to Vape rather than Smoke.

If Teen lives matter, lets start by Keeping them alive.

mpols

May 3, 2016
P. S. "A Billion Lives" is reporting they had a private screening for members of Congress and their staff's this morning.

Today I brought a copy of the RCP report to Sherrod Brown's Cleveland office. The "Constituent Service Liaison" that I talked to said that he had heard of it a few weeks ago and there has been talk among the staffers about it. It seems that not every staffer agrees with the senator on this issue.

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
More or less shootings was not my intent. Then again it is Rare to have mass shootings in a Prison.
My point is, the more governments Remove Rights without the actual consent of its people, the less they represent their people and the more they become a self perpetuating corrupt machine. If this is not seen in OZ :thumb: in the US it is Rampant:nah:
I'd rather see the Public/Charities and Government Focused on this,
CDC Finds Troubling Rise in Teen Suicide Method
Than worrying if some Teens are choosing to Vape rather than Smoke.

If Teen lives matter, lets start by Keeping them alive.

Teenage suicide on the rise...how many were on psychotropic drugs prescribed to them? Alot. And most don't need them. Hell, I've heard that some kids with ADHD have been given risperdal and those are younger than teenagers, it is a disgrace. That is an antipsychotic. Also, there are plenty where the drs are warned about prescribing certain meds to teenagers 18 and younger. Then the fda decides to approve it anyway knowing all the side effects.Yet this happens all the time. Side effects include attempted suicide and/or completed suicide.
I can fully understand the ones that have been prescribed that are able to use in teenagers because if there is a real problem with mental health then they need help. But sad to say they will hand out these drugs like candy. Psychotropic drugs should not be overprescribed and yet this is happening to children, teenagers, and even adults. Why do I have such an opinion on the matter? I am bipolar and have been on the med go round more times then I can count. It does take some perservance to go through these medications to try to find the right one. Can you imagine going through that as a teenager when you truly have no mental illness? I just started on a new mood stabilizer along with another one I've been on and guess what? First thing it says is if you have a sudden change in mood or feel suicidal call the doctor immediately. Do you think kids are going to recognize it? It is up to the parents to monitor their children when they start these drugs. It is nothing to play with. And btw, I had a doctor a couple years ago that overmedicated me it was horrible. And one was risperidal. It was really bad.
Sorry for my rant. But I just wanted to poimt out the absolute negligence when it comes to the fda.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Another good read. Careful though. It could be a tear jerker. Was for me. :cry:

I don’t care about me.
I’m an eliquid manufacturer in the vapor industry. Well, I used to be, until today, when I became a tobacco product manufacturer in the tobacco industry.

I don’t care about me. I can stockpile enough eliquid of any flavor for myself and my wife and my friends and my family until we all die of old age. I have enough hardware to last decades, and the technical knowhow to fix any of it if it breaks.

I don’t care about me. I’ll be fine.

I do care about 9 million vapers though, and more importantly, 40 million at-risk smokers.

They won’t be fine.

In 90 days, all technological advancement in the industry will grind to a halt.

No new mods.
No new atomizers.
No new tanks.
No new flavors.
No new anything.

This could mean that the next big step in devices, that may make it even easier for a smoker to successfully quit, may not make it to market. That obscure flavor that a smoker has been looking for to finally make the switch stick, may not be available. These products may not make it to market due to the cost associated with doing so, a cost out of reach for everyone except Big Tobacco.

In 2009, FDA reported to Congress that they would examine the best way to regulate, promote, and encourage the development of “innovative products and treatments” to reduce harm associated with continued tobacco use.

The vapor industry did just that, all by ourselves.

We created, innovated, promoted, and self regulated a solution to the tobacco problem plaguing our country, and the world. Now that we have laid the groundwork, FDA is handing our industry over to an organization that kills 480,000 people each year in the USA alone.

Big Tobacco.

Big Tobacco is not the vapor industry.

The vapor industry is grassroots, built from the ground up by people who care and have passion for saving the lives of millions, and putting public health first. The vapor industry doesn’t make $90 billion dollars a year like Big Tobacco, so we can’t stay in and pay the cost of doing business.

So we will all go out of business, two to three years from now, because that is how our government works. This is a bailout of the tobacco industry to help them offset losses caused by decreased cigarette usage, and the rise of vaping.

These regulations wouldn’t affect me if the FDA-approved patches and gum actually worked back when I needed them to. I tried them on many occasions when attempting to quit my 31 year smoking habit. On March 29th 2014, I finally did quit when I bought my first e-cigarette. I wrote about that amazing day two years ago, here and here.

If the gum or patch had worked, as the manufacturer and FDA advertised it would, this would all be out of sight and out of mind, much like it is to the non-smokers and non-vapers in America. I would just be an ex-smoker, and this regulation wouldn’t directly affect me.

I’m glad that didn’t happen.

If it had, I wouldn’t have helped thousands of smokers and vapers.
I wouldn’t have met hundreds of wonderful people in our industry.

I would have far less people in my life I call friends and family.

We are now expected to believe that FDA-approved e-cigarettes manufactured by Big Tobacco will be effective at tobacco harm reduction, and will benefit public health.

They won’t.

We are expected to think this won’t affect 100,000 jobs at 20,000 businesses in America.

It will.

We are expected to sit by, and watch our industry die.

We won’t.

We are expected to sit by and watch Americans die.

We can’t.

If you don’t vape, don’t smoke, or never smoked, you may think this doesn’t affect you.

It does.

Look at your circle of friends, and your family. Do any of them smoke or vape? Do they know someone who does? Do you work with someone who does?

Most likely the answer is “Yes”.

Somewhere, someone you know, will die early from a tobacco related disease.

FDA approves it.

Users who are viewing this thread