Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’m very happy and content with my stockpile considering the taxes many states are proposing and implementing. It’s only a matter of time where I live I’m sure. Rhode Island just proposed an over 40% tax on vape products.

Bottom line. I’m glad I have my stockpile.

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
Geez, we’re all under attack here. But rather than engage, too many of us turn to our own personal “stockpile”.

That’s great, but please also comment on the FDA flavor regulation asap, and get active with CASAA or yuour elected officials and help us fix the actual problem so new products can thrive.

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
It always surprises me when someone thinks that vaping advocacy and stockpiling are mutually exclusive.

Doing both is the best strategy. Troops on the ground need their supplies.
Agree. That’s why I said “but please ALSO get active...”. No mutual exclusivity implied.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
or yuour elected officials and help us fix the actual problem so new products can thrive

I live in the "great" state of CT, where the legislators are now to the point of laughter with each of my continuing efforts. My governor is a douche, my top senator is a Dick, and they make no bones about the fact that no snowball in Hell will deter them from opposing all that I ask.

They're not even hiding it anymore. The form letters have even changed.

Article V.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Geez, we’re all under attack here. But rather than engage, too many of us turn to our own personal “stockpile”.

That’s great, but please also comment on the FDA flavor regulation asap, and get active with CASAA or yuour elected officials and help us fix the actual problem so new products can thrive.

It always surprises me when someone thinks that vaping advocacy and stockpiling are mutually exclusive.

Doing both is the best strategy. Troops on the ground need their supplies.
And these two views are not mutually exclusive. Both are possible at the same time. :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If the whole issue is discouraging teen/underage use, in addition to assuring sales compliance by the retailer, vape shop, gas station, or online seller (who probably has the easiest time as they can keep a written /electronic chain of evidence the buyer passed an "age test") how about going after the underage user?

If a teen is caught drinking alcohol they can get busted. How about a summons (not a criminal felony conviction or anything) for anyone underage vaping in public? The problem isn't sales or flavoring, but use, so why not address it there on a local level (no FBI SWAT team breaching for a kid vaping in the family room).

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
If the whole issue is discouraging teen/underage use, in addition to assuring sales compliance by the retailer, vape shop, gas station, or online seller (who probably has the easiest time as they can keep a written /electronic chain of evidence the buyer passed an "age test") how about going after the underage user?

If a teen is caught drinking alcohol they can get busted. How about a summons (not a criminal felony conviction or anything) for anyone underage vaping in public? The problem isn't sales or flavoring, but use, so why not address it there on a local level (no FBI SWAT team breaching for a kid vaping in the family room).

Too logical, and achievable.

(Unreasonable search and seizure is preferable.)

Good luck. :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
How about a summons (not a criminal felony conviction or anything) for anyone underage vaping in public?
So if you're somewhat young-looking and are vaping in public, a cop should be able to demand "Your papers, please!" for proof of age?

No thank you.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I live in the "great" state of CT, where the legislators are now to the point of laughter with each of my continuing efforts. My governor is a douche, my top senator is a Dick, and they make no bones about the fact that no snowball in Hell will deter them from opposing all that I ask.

They're not even hiding it anymore. The form letters have even changed.

Article V.

I live in a Similar State. 21+ to Buy. Wholesale Taxes that Increase Every year unopposed.

Aint gonna see no Big Pro e-Cigarette efforts from Most of My Reps. With the Exception of Possibly one. But he is fighting to stay one step ahead of the Investigators. And who's Political Career is all but Over.

I kinda though by now there would have been a Rally or at least some Posters in B&M's regarding the FDA. Or at the Very Least, some Blogs at On-line Retailers. But I see about close to Zilch.

But I still write my Letters. And do what I can.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
So if you're somewhat young-looking and are vaping in public, a cop should be able to demand "Your papers, please!" for proof of age?

No thank you.

In the new utopian technocracy our bureaucratic diktatura believe all the kids are walkin around with a 5G cellphone pod in their backpack…but they don't vape 'em. So no worries.

Good luck. :)

Deztai

Mar 22, 2018
the govt makes to much money off big pharma and big tobacco to do whats right for the people. Its all about greed and not whats best for the general population.
I'm 46 yrs old well into stage 3 emphysema (or it was 2 yrs ago when I last had my pft done) I was diagnosed with advanced for age emphysema 2 days before my 40th birthday. It was early stage 2 at that time. In 2013 I was on life support for full respiratory failure from my emphysema and a cold my than 12 yr old son gave me. I know the results of smoking-especially starting at 13.
Our govt fda etc has known for a very long time the results of cigarettes and have not removed them- why? they make to much money from big pharma & taxes. If they were so concerned about the people they would stop cigarettes from being sold.
The only thing that ever worked to quit smoking for me was- ecigs. Cancer at 18 with 4 surgeries in 1 month- I still smoked in the hospital bathroom and when able walked outside to smoke. I tried zyban when it first came out, cold turkey, acupuncture, hypnosis, patches, gums, lozenges, wellbutrin, the florida quit line with all the assistance they provided- I tried it all multiple times and nothing ever worked except ecigs. Sadly, the govt knows ecigs are working for people. Its hit them in their wallets with the loss in taxes. Big pharma & big tobacco have the funds to push our govt to stomp out e-cigarettes. Both big pharma & big tobacco are loosing money if we choose to vape and put out the cigarettes..both hand out loads of money to our govt... it starts with these ridiculous regulations, removing flavors " because its encouraging kids" and in the end the only ones who will be able to provide legalized devices/ juices etc.. will be big pharma & big tobacco. I'm not trusting either or our govt to decide for me. They've failed us all. Look how many FDA approved medications & medical devices are doing more harm than good.
Yes, Ive stockpiled in the past and will be doing so again. Ive wrote letters emails and calls to all the people that make our decisions. I've tried to do the right things in all the right directions. I guess playing nice isnt going to work for us time for us vapers to stand up and make our voices heard!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't run most of my "big" decisions past the government. I will say that cops here will "arrest" smokers on the streets if they look underage, I don't know about vaping, or what exactly happens. I don't think it's at all good, and vaping will be next.

Although... if there were a sane management of these "issues" well, things might be different. I do think it would almost be easier to "eliminate" all children than to stop a certain percentage of teens from vaping. I also feel (having been such a teenager) that I got what I deserved for starting smoking.... A profound and lasting dedication to tobacco for many decades, with an absolute inability to stop (except for, almost miraculously honestly, I don't know how I did it) when pregnant and nursing.

The government wants people like me, and it wants them to try tobacco, not just vaping. Because, the "elderly" costs of smoking (medically) really aren't elevated, as tobacco user do typically die younger. Unless and until vaping and smoking can be made "substantially equivalent" and by this I mean, BOTH will suck in comparison to their former enjoyableness, the government will not rest until things are equalized.

I hope everyone vaping does what they can to resist, and in my opinion, that may include some stocking up for safety, not just advocacy. As, sadly, we don't really have a voice, as addicts.

The post above almost made me cry, because I too was nearing COPD and vaping literally saved my life. The idea of this not being available to others is what drives most of my advocacy. Pretty soon, I will be "set" for life, although I think it would be a shame if I never bought another piece of vaping equipment, but I could get by. However, I had the time and resources to do so, and I don't regret a single purchase to get there. I was not going to allow the only thing that worked for me to slip through my fingers thanks to the government. And, I am highly doubtful that the US government will be raiding homes looking for nicotine, they aren't anywhere near that point. They are nearing the "choke off useful vaping for new vapers, however," really.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Our govt fda etc has known for a very long time the results of cigarettes and have not removed them- why?
Let's start with the fact that "removal" would be impossible to achieve. Just look at the success they had trying to "remove" other substances starting about 100 years ago. A material portion of the population simply does not believe that government has any moral authority to control what individual do with their own bodies, and is going to do what they want, regardless of any "laws" or "regulations".

Then consider the fact that when it finally became obvious that smoking was hazardous 50-60 years ago, close to half the adult population were smokers. It would have been instant political suicide to try to ban it then, which is likely why Congress did not give any federal agency the power to regulate tobacco products until 2009, when less than 20% of the population were still smokers.

Users who are viewing this thread