Do We Need To Stock Up Because Of The Ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeylynn

Aug 1, 2009
Milwaukee
I don't understand why we still wouldn't be able to get the individual parts? I seen someone put it something like; you can get the individual parts to build a bomb and each part by itself is not illegal, it's when you put it all together that there is a problem. Sorry, I don't remember which thread I seen that in so I am not able to quote it. That being said though, why would the individual parts cause a problem as long as they quit distributing the starter kits?

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I don't understand why we still wouldn't be able to get the individual parts? I seen someone put it something like; you can get the individual parts to build a bomb and each part by itself is not illegal, it's when you put it all together that there is a problem. Sorry, I don't remember which thread I seen that in so I am not able to quote it. That being said though, why would the individual parts cause a problem as long as they quit distributing the starter kits?

Logically, you are correct. However, no one has accused our government of being particularly logical. The bottom line is we simply don't know what's going to happen . . . if anything. What we do know is that if there is a ban of any sort, distribution and delivery is going to become disrupted and, at least initially, less reliable.

Those of us who have been vaping for awhile lived through Chinese New Year when production and distribtuion abruptly ceased for a period of several days. The disruption lasted for several weeks as vendors waited for supplies to restock. It was not much fun chasing all over the internet to find spare atomizers and batteries. :(

Having lots of atomizers and liquid makes me feel safe. :oops:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I got about 15 Atty's so far and hope I got time to get more because some are giving out on me.
The time consuming thing is educating myself of building my own.
Carts aren't going to be a problem because I've got friends who aren't into reloading so I'm taking them and hoarding.
That leaves the liquid which I'm experimenting on. I'm even thinking about cutting the size of the garden down and growing my own tobacco if I have too to get the nicotine even though most of the time, I don't do nicotine. I still have those moments when I gotta have it.
I hope I don't have to depend on homemade liquid because I actually like the flavor of the preloaded carts or pre made liquid the best.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
Logically, you are correct. However, no one has accused our government of being particularly logical. The bottom line is we simply don't know what's going to happen . . . if anything. What we do know is that if there is a ban of any sort, distribution and delivery is going to become disrupted and, at least initially, less reliable.

Those of us who have been vaping for awhile lived through Chinese New Year when production and distribtuion abruptly ceased for a period of several days. The disruption lasted for several weeks as vendors waited for supplies to restock. It was not much fun chasing all over the internet to find spare atomizers and batteries. :(

Having lots of atomizers and liquid makes me feel safe. :oops:

I agree. Better to be prepared. I am going to try to have enough eliquid and attys for two years. I've been buying slowly and have about 40 Joye510 attys and 600ml liquid but I go through about 5ml a day so will need much more.

The danger of being caught without PV supplies is that analogs are right there in a store around the corner. This would be really obscene -- the Big Tobacco with all the poison will be free to sell cigs on every corner to people in need of a nicotine fix while e-cigs are banned by the government trying to protect the citizens from evils of tobacco.

At that point I would seriously consider suing the government. I would probably not be alone...

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
At that point I would seriously consider suing the government. I would probably not be alone...
Every lawyer I've talked to says there is no basis for such a lawsuit, including my wife who says that you have to show demonstrable harm. Which basically means you have to get cancer or something, and then prove it was because you could not use eletronic cigarettes.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care whether or not such a case could be won. I just want to see such a case filed, and make it real big and ugly, with lots of regular people involved, and getting all sorts of media focus and attention.

Of course it would be very expensive, and would prevent me from ever retiring.
So, yeah, it won't be me doing it.

Unless of course some law firm is willing to take it on a contingency basis?

ItsGotATail

Aug 10, 2009
Maybe I overreacted, but here is my stockpile which I think should last 5-10 years or much more if I can reduce my nicotine consumption. I sell units and e-fluid (not online), so I can afford this. The PG-based liquid stays in the -40C deep freezer. The VG-based liquid and batteries stay in the regular freezer. The plain VG, PG and atomizers stay at room temp.

All for the 901/4075:
100x atomizer
10x battery (I can make a mod easy)
180 x 30mL 24mg e-fluid mixed flavors PG (I use 2.5-3/month)
1L Marlboro 36mg PG
1L Camel VG
1 gallon PG
1 gallon VG

Total cost $1100 or so. I used to spend $8-10/day ($3000-4000/year) on Camel cigarettes (2 packs/day) so I don't think this is ridiculous. It only costs as much as 3-4 months of Camels.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
Maybe I overreacted, but here is my stockpile which I think should last 5-10 years or much more if I can reduce my nicotine consumption. I sell units and e-fluid (not online), so I can afford this. The PG-based liquid stays in the -40C deep freezer. The VG-based liquid and batteries stay in the regular freezer. The plain VG, PG and atomizers stay at room temp.

All for the 901/4075:
100x atomizer
1L Marlboro 36mg PG
1L Camel VG
1 gallon PG
1 gallon VG

Total cost $1100 or so. I used to spend $8-10/day ($3000-4000/year) on Camel cigarettes (2 packs/day) so I don't think this is ridiculous. It only costs as much as 3-4 months of Camels.
Why do you keep batteries in the freezer?

Mickeylynn

Aug 1, 2009
Milwaukee
Wow! That's like a stash worthy of Armageddon. BTW, how would I go about getting a Liter of juice?

All for the 901/4075:
100x atomizer
1L Marlboro 36mg PG
1L Camel VG
1 gallon PG
1 gallon VG

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

All for the 901/4075:
100x atomizer
1L Marlboro 36mg PG
1L Camel VG
1 gallon PG
1 gallon VG

ItsGotATail--Now that is in the spirt and what I like to see. No matter how the dice roll--you are good to go--Conrats!!!

Sun

wasdiscovered

Aug 2, 2009
That is the "word" Vince--but where the "word" came from I do not know and it could be all smoke---It might be a lot longer or less. I would suspect longer but then again that is just a guess also.

Sun

The word came from the Chinese manufacturers, check there web pages.
There was also one in here saying it, if he actually was who he said he was.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
The word came from the Chinese manufacturers, check there web pages.
There was also one in here saying it, if he actually was who he said he was.

Was--I know these manufactures and some suppliers have stated this 2 year routine--what I would like to see is some reason why--did they experiment with it?---have they even been in business 2 years? or does it just sound good? That is what we what to know.

Sun

Think Tink

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
Was--I know these manufactures and some suppliers have stated this 2 year routine--what I would like to see is some reason why--did they experiment with it?---have they even been in business 2 years? or does it just sound good? That is what we what to know.

Sun

The 2 years comes from the shelf life of PG

Source DOW . com (google: propylene glycol shelf life) it's in the second result: [PDF] Propylene Glycol USP/EP

PG USP/EP has a shelf life of two years, when stored under recommended conditions and is synthesized from hydrocarbon raw materials with no additives, including enzymes or process aids, being added during its manufacture.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY

Source DOW . com (google: propylene glycol shelf life) it's in the second result: [PDF] Propylene Glycol USP/EP

It would be great if we could just buy the nicotine without PG since PG will remain available and so will flavorings. That way we could stock up nicotine and just buy PG as needed.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

I am getting more then that here but I can see where that would be a base line--

Shelf Life

The shelf life of propylene glycol USP manufactured and delivered by when stored and handled under appropriate conditions is two years. Subsequent handling and/or repackaging by intermediaries such as distributors may affect shelf life. Therefore, the user of this material should confirm this shelf life via testing or with their immediate supplier.
A formal study showed that propylene glycol is stable for at least two years. On-going studies of propylene glycol held in glass at ambient temperatures also show no degradation after two years.

So again--it is all up in the air.

Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread